Home

Evolution

M@RS

now why is it that all of the dates are under 6,000 years old? maybe the Earth really is not millions of years old...why wasn't the wheel invented earlier? The "missing links" should've been smart enough to make wheels?

Oh my.. god..

How about this...

If the earth is 6,000 years old then why can we see stars that are over 10,000 light years away?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my.. god..

How about this...

If the earth is 6,000 years old then why can we see stars that are over 10,000 light years away?

*jumps up and down with hand raised* Ooo! Ooo! I know this one!

*ahem* When god created the universe, he made the light closer to us so that it would appear as though it had been traveling longer when it finally got here.

Oh my.. god..

How about this...

Oh more info.

If the earth is 6,000 years old then why have we found Dinosaur bones that are over 65 Million years old? Are you suggesting that 6,000 years ago when god created the earth he hid bones of reptiles that never existed and were never mentioned in the bible for no apparent reason other then to laugh at us when we research how old these bones are? If that is the truth then God has a sick sense of humor. But that is more or less proven already

LOL, no. "God" has no sick sense of humour, really. It's more like, people expect to much and then get things wrong. :p

now why is it that all of the dates are under 6,000 years old? maybe the Earth really is not millions of years old.
On a more serious note, M@RS, just that I get this right, Earth can't be millions of years old because...known recordings of human history only go back so far?

..why wasn't the wheel invented earlier?

Thus spaketh the wiki:

"The invention of the wheel thus falls in the late Neolithic, and may be seen in conjunction with the other technological advances that gave rise to the early Bronze Age. Note that this implies the passage of several wheel-less millennia even after the invention of agriculture. Looking back even further, it is of some interest that although paleoanthropologists now date the emergence of anatomically modern humans to ca.150,000 years ago, 143,000 of those years were "wheel-less". That people with capacities fully equal to our own walked the earth for so long before conceiving of the wheel may be initially surprising, but populations were extremely small through most of this period and the wheel, which requires an axle and socket to actually be useful, is not as simple a device as it may seem. Making and balancing a wheel requires a skilled wheelwright."

To get a feeling for this, maybe you want to take a tree, and make a wheel out of it. Without modern tools like a saw of course. And the wheel alone won't be helpful that much. So there has to be a need to make a wheel to enhance something not sufficient enough any more. Also, keep in mind that you probably have no idea about what a wheel is, nor any experience regarding that. All that you know would be something like a somewhat round stone or a tree trunk can roll downhill.

It is also possible that the wheel wasn't invented as part of a transportation device in the first place.

The "missing links" should've been smart enough to make wheels?
No. Note that as mentioned above even the fully enabled human species homo sapiens ("we") went on without inventing the wheel for a long time, so the criteria of "being smart enough" seems not to be the only one. Also, a "missing link" is not something tied to human species for that matter. More specific, a missing link is a yet to be found "transitional" species B between to "final" species A and C.

Transitional fossil AKA the missing link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil

Examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

If the earth is 6,000 years old then why have we found Dinosaur bones that are over 65 Million years old?

Pfft...link... I thought everyone knew that 65 million years is an assumption and technically speaking just as viable as dinosaurs only being 6,000 years old as well. The thing is...they all died rather quickly after being created. That's why they aren't here anymore. God was very sad and mad about the whole ordeal, so he flooded the earth as a punishment. (PS, he'll flood the earth again if all penguins die...FWIW).

While we are at it the Grand Canyon was created by a great flood, so don't question it!

sheesh, doubters. :lol:

If the earth is 6,000 years old then why have we found Dinosaur bones that are over 65 Million years old?

No, god put those there to test our faith.

And for 65 Million years ago, those are the scientists lying to us.

Don't you see?:lol:

Oh more info.

If the earth is 6,000 years old then why have we found Dinosaur bones that are over 65 Million years old? Are you suggesting that 6,000 years ago when god created the earth he hid bones of reptiles that never existed and were never mentioned in the bible for no apparent reason other then to laugh at us when we research how old these bones are? If that is the truth then God has a sick sense of humor. But that is more or less proven already

How do you know the bones were 65 million years old?

did the scientist use carbon dating? If so I have an answer for that. Josephus was right when saying

Then he (God) placed a crystalline firmament over the earth.
Wouldn't that be something like ice? if so that would double the air pressure, and did you know that scientists are finding that when they look at air bubbles inside of amber, there is 50% more oxygen?

if so, then carbon dating couldn't work because if there is more pressure there is more carbon squeezed into the bones in a shorter time...

@ M@RS - I'm just going to keep reposting this until you actually answer my points... Not that you can, because your soo wrong you make Jar-Jar Binks look like Aristotle...

Oh my.. god..

How about this...

Already tried that - unfortunately apparently totally avoiding answering the point and/or using anti-science apparently answers the point :rollseyes:

M@RS - I am point of fact a Christian - now I have only met one Christian member of the intelligentsia who thought the earth was 6,000 years old - and his explanation was possible. However I have never seen any other YEC use his theory to explain things...

Ooh, Achilles - we haven't been here for a while but its Sherlock Holmes quote time...

This means that if you have decided that the moon is made of cheese (or the earth is 6,000 years old) that no amount of evidence to the contrary will show you that your conclusion is wrong. If you have decided something on non-logical grounds, logic can have no impact on your reasoning - so really we are all wasting our time trying to show you, that you are incorrect.

QFT

Why does evolution have to be random in the way you think? If God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, why do you think he couldn't use evolution?

a) Since when was Josephus Egyptian?

b) When did Josephus ever say Jesus rose from the dead?

Really, and why is the earth being 6 billion years old out of line with the Bible? Please could you refer me to the part of the Bible that explicitly states the earth is 6,000 years old, instead of counting down genealogies to get an apparent earth ages.

I love how you didn't answer my question. Let me pose it again...

a) Why do all the most brilliant minds today thing the earth is alot older than 6,000 years old?

b) So the said brilliant minds think the earth is very old; If God gives someone a brilliant mind, and they note from the evidence that the world is a lot older than 6,000 years old - and so rule out God - is it fair of God to damn them, for using an ability he gave them?

Final note - may I inquire why are you arguing the age of the earth with people who don't trust in Jesus? Do you not think it may be more useful to show love, and talk about him than argue abot entirely trivial matters? And taking the subject wildly off-topic?

Already tried that - unfortunately apparently totally avoiding answering the point and/or using anti-science apparently answers the point :rollseyes:

If that is the case, that's sad.

Kind of proves he's not confident in his beliefs in that case.

@ Jonathan7 how can you be a christian, I assume that you read the Bible, which in the first verse says

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Not that the Big Bang occurred.

Also, jonathan7 it's called faith, you know one of the major points of Christianity...

Now with the whole not answering questions, I don't know everything, I can't answer every question (it's called faith in the Bible) and it's only me, I'm the only one, as of right now that's able to try and debate, I'm not as smart as most of you. I'm no debater, you all know that :xp:

I've said this several times, but I'll say it again. It's takes faith, you need faith to believe in evolution too. Were any of you there to witness the Big Bang? Was anything there? No, now were did everything that makes up the planets, stars, galaxies, ect.? How is it possible for all of the stuff in the universe to be squished into a smal dot, where did the pressure come from to squish it all together? Now in the textbooks, it says that the dot was spinning and it exploded, now if that's true than wouldn't everything be spinning the same direction? Why isn't that true? Several things spin backwards. What about the sun? If the Earth is billions of years old, than why isn't the Sun bigger? That's all I have to say right about now...

@ Jonathan7 how can you be a christian, I assume that you read the Bible, which in the first verse says

Not that the Big Bang occurred.

Also, jonathan7 it's called faith, you know one of the major points of Christianity...

Now with the whole not answering questions, I don't know everything, I can't answer every question (it's called faith in the Bible) and it's only me, I'm the only one, as of right now that's able to try and debate, I'm not as smart as most of you. I'm no debater, you all know that :xp:

I've said this several times, but I'll say it again. It's takes faith, you need faith to believe in evolution too. Were any of you there to witness the Big Bang? Was anything there? No, now were did everything that makes up the planets, stars, galaxies, ect.? How is it possible for all of the stuff in the universe to be squished into a smal dot, where did the pressure come from to squish it all together? Now in the textbooks, it says that the dot was spinning and it exploded, now if that's true than wouldn't everything be spinning the same direction? Why isn't that true? Several things spin backwards. What about the sun? If the Earth is billions of years old, than why isn't the Sun bigger? That's all I have to say right about now...

The Big Bang is not a part of the Theory of Evolution. Get that through your head. Also, saying others need to have faith is a pretty ****ty argument, please get a new one kthx.

The Big Bang is not a part of the Theory of Evolution. Get that through your head. Also, saying others need to have faith is a pretty ****ty argument, please get a new one kthx.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pushing faith onto people is a basis of Christianity so you shouldn't be surprised

With that logic I guess God didn't create the universe then, since it says he only created "Heavens and the Earth".

BTW, I'm in the process of reading the bible right now. Almost done with Genesis (note: I'm not Christian).

Then wouldn't it be completely rational of you to just say, "I don't know" and go on your merry way? It would have been smart of you to just say "I don't know, I just have to believe this. I don't know why but I have to."

Instead you choose to debate people who have facts, sources, and years of education on the subject.

Wasn't the best idea.

Archived