Home

Anyone else starting to feel they won't be disappointed if there's no KOTOR 3?

I don't know, I'll probably get a bunch of "No ways!" from most people here, but I, for one, am starting to think differently. The years are passing by and there is not a single hint that a third Knights of the Old Republic game is even being considered. Every time there are rumors to the contrary LucasArts shoots them down.

Well, as much as I love KOTOR, as time goes on I lose interest. I'm still going to adore the first two games and play them continuously, but I'll live if there is no third game. As a Star Wars fan, there are other projects that easily satiate my long, such as The Force Unleashed. If we don't get a third KOTOR game all of the loose ends will be tied up by Dark Horse or Lucas Books, I'm sure. (The bad thing about that, though, is that the casual fans who aren't into anything beyond the games will never know what happened.)

Now, don't get me wrong, it would be stupendous if a new KOTOR game is officially announced, and I will probably do flips in my living room (and likely break something and have to be rushed to the hospital); but if there is not, I don't really care that much anymore. I love the games for what they are, and I'll survive if the saga is not revisited in video game form.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about or having similar feelings?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree completely, I'd love KIII, but as I've said in other threads, it seems unlikely now, plus with the next gen thing a couple of years back, I think a third would stylistically be too different to the previous

Agreed. If another one does come down the line, I will be overwhelmed with joy. Since a lot of time has passed, I will not be upset if it does not arrive. When it comes to storytelling through novalization, most writters release a book's sequal in a short time. We are heading into the third year now, and we have heard nothing definitive on the subject of sequal. I personally believe they will finish the story in comics or novels.

IMO just talking about it in a comic book would be worse than not getting the game at all because it would alienate all the male Exile and Female Revan and darkside players. The Story is designed to be a 3rd Chapter in an rpg. I feel I can almost garantee I woud not like whatever they would do. And mathemically most players would be unsatisfied too I imagine.

The world is not going to end if KotOR III doesn't come out. I mean, it is only just a video game. Yes, of course, I will be happy if it does actually come out, but even if it did, I most likely wouldn't be able to get it because I don't have a next generation console. One day I will, but not anytime real soon.

Life will still go on without a KotOR III....

Well, as much as I love KOTOR, as time goes on I lose interest. I'm still going to adore the first two games and play them continuously, but I'll live if there is no third game. As a Star Wars fan, there are other projects that easily satiate my long, such as The Force Unleashed. If we don't get a third KOTOR game all of the loose ends will be tied up by Dark Horse or Lucas Books, I'm sure. (The bad thing about that, though, is that the casual fans who aren't into anything beyond the games will never know what happened.)

Now, don't get me wrong, it would be stupendous if a new KOTOR game is officially announced, and I will probably do flips in my living room (and likely break something and have to be rushed to the hospital); but if there is not, I don't really care that much anymore. I love the games for what they are, and I'll survive if the saga is not revisited in video game form.

I share the same sentiment, although I still have hope there will be a K3. But never would I want to see the story continued in a novel or comic. I'd hate that.

Life will still go on without a KotOR III....

But would it be worth living? :D

Seriously though, it would still be a disappointment to me if they didn't finish what they started. Does that mean that I haven't prepared myself for the likely outcome of no K3? No. It would be a disappointment, but not a surprise.

_EW_

...I don't want to know who the True Sith are. I prefer leaving them 'mysterious'. Reveal who they are, and you might strain crediblity and ruin the magic. Even more than you already have with a Force Wound and all. There are other reasons too, but yeah, that's the biggest one.

So, no, I won't feel disappointed if there is no K3. I will feel disappointed if K3 comes out.

EDIT: Okay, fine, I'd be semi-fine if they followed my view of the True Sith. Anything else...nah.

i'd be slightly dissapointed but i'd live. One thing though if they dont make KOTOR3 i'd like for LA to do up a book explaining what happened to revan and the exile. Maybe also an origin book on darth nihilus and sion wouldnt be too bad either

Now that LucasArts has a new president I don't feel like I have any idea as to whether or not there will be a KotOR 3. If Mr. Rodriguez ever gets around to doing any interviews then maybe he'll make some remark that will give us a clue as to his ideas/thoughts on LucasArts making KotOR 3. Of course if he came right out and told everyone that LucasArts would/woudn't continue the KotOR franchise then that would be swell. I don't think the chances of that happening are very high though.

Archived