Home

Anyone else starting to feel they won't be disappointed if there's no KOTOR 3?

Regardless of the revenues it would be best to continue making games for the PC.

Why? Because you and a few other fans don't own a console? How many potential K3 buyers don't own consoles? You're not in LucasArts' position, so I'm fairly sure they know what would be best for them, inluding their marketing department.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, considering how many fumbles they've made in the past, I wouldn't put that much faith in LA. And besides, like it or not, a good portion of the KotOR community (and the gaming community in general) are strictly PC users. But LA isn't completely idiotic (I hope); they see how big the modding community for KotOR is, and they wouldn't be so dumb (again, I hope) as to not make a PC version of K3.

You would think LA wouldn't be so stupid, but given the vast array of disappointments alloted in the not-so-distant past... they might think they're killing two birds with one stone in commercial terms:

LA's porting TFU strictly to consoles, making PC users left out of the mix. To 'balance' things out, KotOR will be PC only, but as an MMO, which is the latest rumour [albeit with very strong reasoning] here.

LA can't be that thick... can they?

LA's porting TFU strictly to consoles, making PC users left out of the mix. To 'balance' things out, KotOR will be PC only, but as an MMO, which is the latest rumour [albeit with very strong reasoning] here.

LA can't be that thick... can they?

But that's just making some PC users even more angry. A lot of fans even here are still going, "OMGZ there making K3 an MMO?!?!11oneone".

Also, when will it be official forum policy that the new (highly rumored, yet with evidence) MMO NOT be called KotOR? 'Cause the patent clearly takes out the "Knights of" part.

Edit: Just want to remind those that don't know, BioWare is making a game debut at E3 this year on July 17th at 10 AM. And no it isn't Dragon Age since we already know about it. Maybe ME2, but we already know about it as well, along with ME3.

• 1 month later...

Well, as much as I love KOTOR, as time goes on I lose interest. I'm still going to adore the first two games and play them continuously, but I'll live if there is no third game. As a Star Wars fan, there are other projects that easily satiate my long, such as The Force Unleashed. If we don't get a third KOTOR game all of the loose ends will be tied up by Dark Horse or Lucas Books, I'm sure. (The bad thing about that, though, is that the casual fans who aren't into anything beyond the games will never know what happened.)

In reply to this, just a question, i've been hoping that there were books on Knights stories, could anybody tell me where i could get hold of these books?

Hopefully they'll listen to the fans and realize that the majority do not want an MMO and scrap the idea in favor of a proper sequel.

To answer your question, Sydon An'sou, there are no KOTOR "books," as in novels, but there is an ongoing comic series by Dark Horse comics at this time.

Hopefully they'll listen to the fans and realize that the majority do not want an MMO and scrap the idea in favor of a proper sequel.

The game has been in development since when? '05? '06? I doubt they're gonna scrap 2-3 years of work and development all of a sudden.

Also, is it safe to assume the majority of fans don't want an MMO? I've seen as many naysayers as I have supporters on the Internet.

but its on every kotOR fan's mind, and thats what they want. If they build up speculations, release this and that bit of info., then they've got us wrapped around their finger.

with as many supporters and non-supporters there are, regardless this could be pretty big.

The game has been in development since when? '05? '06? I doubt they're gonna scrap 2-3 years of work and development all of a sudden.

Also, is it safe to assume the majority of fans don't want an MMO? I've seen as many naysayers as I have supporters on the Internet.

Where did you get the info that it's been in the works? I haven't seen any indication that they've even really started on it. There has been no official announcement and no reason it would be kept secret. Although it's a good money maker, the concept is still on the back burner.

I will be disappointed if it never is, but I won't delude myself into thinking that it will be until it's out.

Where did you get the info that it's been in the works? I haven't seen any indication that they've even really started on it. There has been no official announcement and no reason it would be kept secret. Although it's a good money maker, the concept is still on the back burner.

I will be disappointed if it never is, but I won't delude myself into thinking that it will be until it's out.

They said they have been working on it since '05-'06 awhile back. Unless someone's been giving false news links on the forums. I don't have a source though right now.

They said they have been working on it since '05-'06 awhile back. Unless someone's been giving false news links on the forums. I don't have a source though right now.

So far as I know BioWare has been working on one of it's two MMO's for a while. There is only speculation for a K3 SPRRG.

To be honest it's really lost any place in my mind. I'll be excited if there's a SOLID announcement that it's gonna come out(not one saying they're gonna develop it), but if nothing happens to be honest I won't really care.

I've waited for Fable 2 for years, and because the developers kept giving us little tidbits of info, it kept my interest.

Kotor 3? nah, don't really care anymore.

the first 2 were the best games ive played, and i want to know how the series ends, if they didn't leave it on a cliffhanger i would be less bothered.

How exactly did they leave it in a cliffhanger? I thought Kotor 2 had a good ending and did finish the storyline. K2 had the Exile leaving to the unknown regions to help Revan. Leaving it ambiguous as to what would happen.

If they made a K3 they would HAVE to put a new person. Because they can't have Revan or the Exile lose their abilities properly. If they did have a Kotor 3 they couldn't find Revan or the Exile in the flesh either. Since everyone would be saying. "Hey thats not how I portrayed Revan/Exile" So technically to avoid a mass amount of gripy fans they can feature The Unknown Regions. But I highly doubt they can feature Revan or the Exile unless they spend more then half their budget on plotline. Which is unlikely.

As well. The next company that wants to make a new kotor game is most likely not going to tell everyone what the gender of Revan/Exile is. To put it simply they want all of the fans buying the next game to find out what it is. But they wont tell them in hopes that they buy KOTOR 4 to find out. It just keeps going on and on.

A game that actually should get a sequel is Jedi Academy. THAT had a cliffhanger that was left unsolved. If the player chose the darkside it had Jaden Korr entering hyperspace in a star destroyer and Kyle saying he would go and find him. If the lightside Kyle would ask Jaden if he would want to go on another mission. Kotor is deserving for a sequel. But it doesn't absolutely NEED one. That said, I would buy the Kotor MMO if it came out and play it. If a kotor MMO came out then that would suffice for the rest of the series

As well. The next company that wants to make a new kotor game is most likely not going to tell everyone what the gender of Revan/Exile is. To put it simply they want all of the fans buying the next game to find out what it is. But they wont tell them

We already know the canonical genders of Revan and the Exile.

We already know the canonical genders of Revan and the Exile.

You would be surprised how many MSN conversations I have debated on with what Cannon is. There are still many fans who believe Revan is a female or Exile is a male because of small details that the games have. Most people debate on how the cannon is just there so they don't have thousands of emails flocking to Lucasarts asking the exact same question

You would be surprised how many MSN conversations I have debated on with what Cannon is. There are still many fans who believe Revan is a female or Exile is a male because of small details that the games have. Most people debate on how the cannon is just there so they don't have thousands of emails flocking to Lucasarts asking the exact same question

There is no debate. Revan is male. Exile is female. End of story.

I don't really wish to get into a big gender debate since that is not the purpose of this thread but it is not the end of story. You would notice several clues in both games that lead to both of them. Like how the Exile's romance with Brianna was much better then a romance with Atton or The Disciple. Or how Carth was looking for Revan and unless he was homosexual why would he be constantly searching the galaxy for him. But that is not the purpose of this thread and now I end this debate

Wrong. I do not have to play Revan as a male nor the Exile as female. Just as I do not have to play either one as light sided.

There is no cannon bs for the games. The only reason there is a gender set and light-dark set is so that there is consistency when people use the characters in comic books, books, films, music, ex cetera.

A game that actually should get a sequel is Jedi Academy. THAT had a cliffhanger that was left unsolved.

But you see, were they to continue that series, the next installment wouldn't be a sequel to Jedi Academy, it would be a sequel to Jedi Outcast. The reason is that the former is a spin-off and not a true sequel. And many people incorrectly refer to it as Jedi Knight III when it isn't. It isn't numbered for a reason. The numbered Jedi Knight games follow Kyle Katarn as the main protagonist, whereas the spin-offs -- Mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Academy -- star companions of his (Mara Jade and Jaden Korr, respectively). As such, Jedi Knight III would tell of the next chapter of Kyle's life, and it would make heavy reference to the events of Jedi Outcast, but very lightly touching anything from Jedi Academy, if at all; in much the same way Jedi Outcast continued from Jedi Knight while lightly glazing over Mysteries of the Sith. The sequel will (or should) make perfect sense with or without Academy.

However, I personally feel that the Jedi Knight series is done. What else can they do to up the game mechanics? We've got The Force Unleashed underway for that. Therefore, I do honestly feel that Jedi Knight has run its course, unfortunately.

Sorry. That had nothing to do with the subject at hand, but it's just something I always feel obligated to point out to people. Carry on.

Also, people: cannon go boom! One N in the middle, please. ;)

Archived