Home

Anyone else starting to feel they won't be disappointed if there's no KOTOR 3?

However, I personally feel that the Jedi Knight series is done. What else can they do to up the game mechanics? We've got The Force Unleashed underway for that. Therefore, I do honestly feel that Jedi Knight has run its course, unfortunately.

There is a lot of things that Jedi Knight can do with game mechanics. I already wrote this on another topic in this forum but here it is

I would generally want more blaster combat then Lightsaber combat in the next JK game. If they do have one. Personally I would want Kyle's orange jacket and black gloves back. Giving him more of a mercenary sort of feel.

They could split off light saber combat a little. Like have a lot of gun wielders be exceptionally good in the case of a lightsaber. Meaning instead of rushing in with a lightsaber you would need to dodge blaster fire and use cover. As the case with dueling. You could have various complicated moves put in. Removing the Dark Forces style where you just needed to move around in circles and jump. As well, keep light saber combat very difficult and only useful in dueling.

With the lightsaber comment. What I mean is keep the guns the primary focus of the entire game and only have the lightsaber there for the jedi fans and when you come to a particuarlily hard area. The original feeling I got from Starwars was that Blasters were supposed to burn your flesh and actually be able to kill you. It shouldn't take 10 torso hits with a blaster pistol to kill a stormtrooper. Plus having the player's HP decrease quickly is also a very good gameplay mechanic

Anyway this is not the main focus on the thread. Lets shift back to kotor 3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you see, were they to continue that series, the next installment wouldn't be a sequel to Jedi Academy, it would be a sequel to Jedi Outcast. The reason is that the former is a spin-off and not a true sequel. And many people incorrectly refer to it as Jedi Knight III when it isn't. It isn't numbered for a reason. The numbered Jedi Knight games follow Kyle Katarn as the main protagonist, whereas the spin-offs -- Mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Academy -- star companions of his (Mara Jade and Jaden Korr, respectively). As such, Jedi Knight III would tell of the next chapter of Kyle's life, and it would make heavy reference to the events of Jedi Outcast, but very lightly touching anything from Jedi Academy, if at all; in much the same way Jedi Outcast continued from Jedi Knight while lightly glazing over Mysteries of the Sith. The sequel will (or should) make perfect sense with or without Academy.

However, I personally feel that the Jedi Knight series is done. What else can they do to up the game mechanics? We've got The Force Unleashed underway for that. Therefore, I do honestly feel that Jedi Knight has run its course, unfortunately.

Sorry. That had nothing to do with the subject at hand, but it's just something I always feel obligated to point out to people. Carry on.

Also, people: cannon go boom! One N in the middle, please. ;)

While I'll agree that JA is a spin off of the JK games. MotS is most definitely a part of the JK series. For the first half of the expansion pack you play as Kyle.

Jedi Knight is over. The entire plotline of Jedi Knight was wrapped up in Jedi Academy with the death of Tavion and the draining of Force Power from the Valley of the Jedi. There is no need for a sequel to wrap up loose ends.

As for KotoR 3, I still feel that we'd have been better served had KotoR 2 never taken place, as, love it or hate it, the fact remains that the plotline of KotoR had been wrapped up at the end of KotoR, and then they throw a bunch of crap at us about 'True Sith'? Come on.

Jedi Knight is over. The entire plotline of Jedi Knight was wrapped up in Jedi Academy with the death of Tavion and the draining of Force Power from the Valley of the Jedi. There is no need for a sequel to wrap up loose ends.

As for KotoR 3, I still feel that we'd have been better served had KotoR 2 never taken place, as, love it or hate it, the fact remains that the plotline of KotoR had been wrapped up at the end of KotoR, and then they throw a bunch of crap at us about 'True Sith'? Come on.

I agree that the Kyle gaming story is done. If they are to make another action-FPS Jedi game it should be called something other than Jedi Knight.

Archived