Home

Lost......

Karinations

Just returned to SWG, joined week one in 2003 and had a Master Pikeman when I quit right before the "nine Iconic professions" revamp.

Came back last week out of boredom with an MMO I was playing and I am completely....lost.

I've found there (apparently)is no way to post on the SWG official forums as I tried to use my old handle (didn't work) registered (didn't work) re-registered (didn't work) and then tried a few more times and nothing could make that "New Thread" button appear.

There simply (for me) was no posting there.

This was the only SWG board I found that actually had people looking at it so I signed up here in hopes of a few general answers.

When I logged into game I "re-spec'ed" my character as a Jedi as that's the closest I could figure as to what i used to play (pikeman).

And I am now a 66 Jedi...with the noob robe from the noob kit, a really crappy Lightsaber and absolutely no direction.

I'm just plopped there.

So I start trying to find "malls" to buy new gear and ....no malls...

So I check Bazaar and to my horror search weapons "Entire Galaxy" brought up 7 or 8 listings.

Not pages, just items.

My questions are:

Where do you buy stuff now?

Secondly:

Is there some kind of Jedi Quest so I can upgrade my gear to my level (66) instead of using this noob crap I have.

Thirdly:

Is this all worth bothering doing?

Thnx in advance for any guidance, I couldn't get any help on the official forums. (wouldn't even let me PM people...)

-V-

I dont know what quests have been added or subtracted since 03, but press "J" bring up your journal, do the "Legacy quests" (If you aint done em) that'll get you money, xp, items and a re-boot of your knowledge and surroundings in the process. as a lvl 66 you have jumped up 2 robe lvls and maybe lightsabers, you'll need a lightsaber crafting tool too.

Regarding bazaars...

open the bazaar in any town, at the top select the tab thats furthest to the right (i think its called "find a vendor"), then check the "entire galaxy" button in the box on the left side of the screen. Make sure that the "All" category is selected, and then in the search box type in the name of the item you want and hit enter. BAM!! all the items that are being sold on your server through any vendor on the server shows up...

3dbones

I can sympathize Karinations...I'm a new player...a transplant if you will...from WoW and the interface and things are really different. My bounty hunter is lvl 27 and I'm still trying to figure out how to do things.

I would definitely agree with Adamqd about the legacy quests, you'll have no trouble completing most of them at your level I'm sure. Beyond that I'm afraid I can't offer much advice.

As to if it's worth it...I would say that's up to you. If you enjoy the game and want to play then I'd say yes. If you get started and you're not enjoying yourself then give it up :)

Open the bazaar, along the top is a tab that says "find a vendor" and select the "Entire Galaxy" box, always have these selected when your looking to buy an item. The difference is that in the regular bazaar tab your only looking through the bazaars in NPC cities. No one ever posts any good items on these unless your really lucky and find that person who's quiting and trying to get rid of their items. The "find a vendor" and "Entire Galaxy" options search through player owned vendors within their own buildings on any planet in the server, this is where everyone posts items, since they have full control of it, you cant purchase the item from the bazaar though, you have to right click on the item, select the waypoint option, and then travel to the vendor yourself.

I have no clue whats up with the forums, that doesn't happen to me, it sounds like a forum support question.

As for the robe issue, go to http://swg.wikia.com

in the search bar along the left side, type in "robes" and then hit enter. A list of all the Jedi robes in the game will appear. At level 66 you are currently able to wear the apprentice robes. If you click on the apprentice robes it'll pull up all the details on those robes, including a list of mobs who drop them, if you select one of the mobs names you might be able to find waypoints to the exact location of that mob or just a general area of where they are, if there is waypoints go in game and type /way and then enter the waypoints, dont put any commas or anything else, should look something like /way 1234 -5678 (make sure your on the right planet when you enter the waypoint), looks like your best bet will be on kashyyyk, though be careful in the Rryatt Trail, one mob usually pulls 2-3 more.

For your lightsaber, hit the "K" key on your keyboard, the datapad window will open, theres a tab at the top, that when you select it, will show a list of things that you can craft. In this list will be a one handed lightsaber, a two handed lightsaber, a double bladed lightsaber, and each one will have different ages, the higher the age the stronger it'll be. Click the one you want (you must have a lightsaber crafting tool in your inventory) and the regular crafting window will appear, select the resources you want to use (must have the resources in your inventory as well) and then click the button at the bottom right. The better the resources stats, the better the lightsaber crafting tool stats, the higher your luck ability, and the better your lightsaber crafting bonus, the better the stats will be on your crafted lightsaber. (on the last window for crafting a lightsaber at the top left will be a drop down menu, if you open that you can select what hilt you want)

Good luck, and for me, i find that nothing is ever worth anything, so it doesn't matter what you do in life, just do it all.

Thnx for all the info 3dbones.

I rolled another char just to get my bearings.

I made a trader so I could put up some venders to sell some of my old school items/rewards.

Been playing a lot last few days.

Ill hang with it until KOTOR:MMO comes out.

-V-

• 1 month later...

I just returned also. Found I had a lot of Vet rewards. I have a bounty Hunter but instead of specing him and trying to pick the game up from level 66 i made a new character and am leveling him. I figured I would rather start from the beginning and go back to my other character later. But the legacy quests do seem fun and a good way to get back into things. Also your problem on the official SWG forum is you need to have a paid account to post. I had the same problem. If you are back on the 1 month free the gave all the Vets you can't post. Just pay for a month which will kick in after your free month and you can post.

Archived