Home

What would you like to see at a theme park?

IG-64

Have people stand around with big ! over their heads and give you prizes for doing quests.

I actually got that idea from people who were doing it at the houston renaissance festival. It was awesome.

There is an X-Wing Simulator in Disneyland Paris. I've been on it... 4 times. And yes, its awesome.

Who says there can't be another one?... :xp:

An Imperial fighter simulator. Screw the Rebel Alliance and their inferior tech. I want a TIE Defender.

Really? How did we destroy the Death Star twice? :xp:

And just when Ty thought this thread couldn't get any nerdier, here is a picture of my daughters standing in front of the aforementioned ride wearing Princess Leia t-shirts...

xwingkiajade.jpg

That girl looks about 4 years too old to be in that stroller.

Just look at that face. Its all like "Check out my ride, bitch." as she sits there with her legs crossed, staring down those in her path.

*sigh*

Kids these days.

Really? How did we destroy the Death Star twice?

By exploiting critical weakness in the first one, and attacking the second one before it was finished. It only means that "you" won, not have superior tech. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

By exploiting critical weakness in the first one, and attacking the second one before it was finished. It only means that "you" won, not have superior tech. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

If you had such 'superior tech', why was there even a critical weakness? ;)

I have another idea. A Sith/Jedi (depending on your skill :D) obstacle course. It might be fun to try to jump up off a 40 feet ledge with no harness. :giveup:

There should definatley be something with lightsabers. Like virtual reality lightsabers. Or if they really wanted to make a a lot of money and possibly destroy the human race, have a Warcraft thing.

Hey, leXX just out of curiousity, are you and/or your children of Indian descent?

Hey, leXX just out of curiousity, are you and/or your children of Indian descent?

You have a good eye. Yes, my husband is from Bangladesh. I'm mixed race, my mum is from Barbados and my dad is from Scotland, so they have a good little mix in them. ;)

I'm changing the focus of this thread (because I can).

I noticed there were a few star wars ideas.

I think theme parks should have more physical activities. No, I don't mean like exercise, I mean fun physical activities like playground type stuff (anyone remember Discovery Zone?). Stuff where (no matter what your age) you can like, climb in giant tubes complexes, or slide down giant slides, or jump in big ball pools, or go down big zip lines. That would be awesome.

I'm gonna sound like a mega geek for saying this, but I want things that are interactive and make you learn. You know, like stuff at Science centers (Great Lakes Science Center, CoSi) But more interactive.

We have a place like that over in Galveston called Moody Gardens. It consists of 3 big pyramids, each with its own theme. I haven't been there in forever, but they had a rainforest pyramid and a discovery pyramid (with like space stuff) and they build another one a long time ago (which I haven't seen) that's the aquarium pyramid. They call it a theme park but it's more like a science center. Houston Museum of Natural Science has some ok stuff too.

[EDIT] Also, I think it would be cool if everything in a theme park were connected by a network of big conveyor belts, so it would take less energy getting places... and you could run on them and feel like The Flash >.>

I like airports.

We take the kids to the History Museum and Science Museum every year to see whatever new exhibit they have and maybe catch an Imax show in the Science Museum. The last one we saw was a 3D life on a space station. We all love it, and are lucky enough to live near, just a 10 min drive.

Archived