Home

[KotOR I] Remembering the "KotOR"!

The Source

Remembering the "KotOR"!

This is a "Knights of the Old Republic I" thread.

Since I have not played through the entire game in some time, I thougt it would be neat to think back at the events in "KotOR I". Unlike the doom and gloom feeling of its sequal, "KotOR I" was built with extensive humor, irony, and just plain fun moments.

Example:

When you, Bastila, and Mission are walking across Taris together, Mission asks a series of questions to Bastila. The conversation comes off with a comical interaction between a teen and a young adult. Even though Bastila's response to Mission was stuffy, she ended up using the force to push Mission to the ground. Mission shakes her head, and Bastila denies using the Force on her.

I know you can do better. :lol:

Unlike the doom and gloom feeling of its sequal, "KotOR I" was built with extensive humor, irony, and just plain fun moments.
Let's not get too anti-TSL here. TSL had a lot of humor in it as well, and I wouldn't really say Malak trying to take over the galaxy is cheerful. That's pretty gloomy as well.

TSL is certainly overall much darker than K1, but, come on... Atton ogling the Exile? That's funny. Does't make me want to play the game again, but it's still hilarious.

It was pretty fun to kill Dustil and see how weakly Carth reacts. He just shakes it off after a few minutes of sputtering the usual canned emotional dialogue and forgets about it. This supports my theory that Carth never had a son, and Dustil is actually his younger brother.

What, I'm not allowed to comment on K2? :¬:

Hmm...it's been so long since I've played K1. I guess Jolee's stories were my favorite, particularly the one about Andur Vek. Also, his comment about Sith sandwiches.

My favorite is each new HK conversation about his former masters you get as his systems are repaired.

That too.

The Mandalorian joke is simply a classic! I couldn't stop laughing! I know that there are a lot of other funny jokes too, but I think that the Mando' joke is one of the best.

"I did it all for the Wookies" ~ Hilarious!

There are so many more that I can't remember...

I love most of the dialogue between the main characters. They did an excellent job IMOHO, developing Canderous, Jolee and Carth.

One of my favorite Canderous lines, "Working for Davik was like driving a spike into your head, sure you get something in but you lose something as well."

And of course, Carth's "Think so? I could get the same attention from a blaster rifle."

Almost every line of Jolee's is memorable, even his standard "Oh I get it..."

I also loved the stories that Jolee and Canderous tell. I guess I really went on. Sorry I tend to get a bit worked up about Kotor...

I have to agree I loved it when Bastila force pushed Mission over. ^_^

and maybe it's just me, but i was female on it, and when Bastila says she comes to 'depend' on you, I said 'are you hitting on me?'

(:

i'm tres simple.

Your comment says a lot about you. :xp:

Another funny is when you are on Korriban with Jolee in your party and Yuthura Ban talks to you about the academy. I don't remember the exact words but it had to do with Jolee acting like Revan's slave. "As long as the master doesn't beat me" ??? That doesn't sound right, but it was still quite funny. :D

No one said the most memorable part of TSL. Okay, when you tell those two guys to jump off the cliff, and give you all there money. I haven't played any Kotor for a while, I need to play. Its like crack you cant truly stop playing it. Kotor greatest series of all time!

I was really surprised to see that option in TSL, because my brΩther used to be real big on SW Role-playing, and in at least three RPGs in which he controlled a Dark Jedi character, he would have that character force mind trick a hooker into doing the exact same thing (once it was just a random pedestrian, and he added a detail which mentioned the sucker smacking into a passing speeder's windshield).

TKA, would you stop inserting those greek letters randomly disposed on your posts?

No one said the most memorable part of TSL. Okay, when you tell those two guys to jump off the cliff, and give you all there money.

Maybe because it's about K1?

Its like crack you cant truly stop playing it.

You can't stop playing crack?

Archived