Home

Disgruntled LucasArts Employees Leak Upcoming Titles...

Source

Alternate Source

The long and short of it is that LA fired some employees and the employees blabbed about their upcoming games which included the following:

- MMORPG KOTOR 3 project with BioWare

- Battlefront 3

- Another LEGO Indiana Jones

- Previously mentioned Indiana Jones game being developed for multi platforms.

- Star Wars Lightsaber game for the Nintendo Wii.

I believe I speak for most everyone when I say *** ******, LucasArts. *** **** you straight to hell. :carms:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BFIII cool, IJ meh, MMO... NO! The main thing about KotOR for me is the era and the RPG element, I love galaxies, but it's nothing compared to KotOR and if they give me KIII with 12 year olds using netspeak, naming themselves "bigone fok", and asking me to craft them mandalorian armor for free... I don't think I could take it

...if they give me KIII with 12 year olds using netspeak, naming themselves "bigone fok", and asking me to craft them mandalorian armor for free... I don't think I could take it

I’m not looking forward to 12,000 different forms of the name Revan walking around.

Revan1744: “I b th true 1 Revan.”

Revan151: “no me b true Revan”

I’ll pass.

*** ******[/i]' date=' LucasArts. [i']*** ****[/i] you straight to hell. :carms:

Another disgruntled LucasArts fan?

I believe I speak for most everyone when I say *** ******, LucasArts. *** **** you straight to hell. :carms:

Completely. If KotOR is turned into an Online Game, the series will be completely ruined. Of course, it would be an interesting turn, but not for the better, in my opinion. I hope that this isn't true.

Keeping with tradition their response will be molded along the lines of the following,

"In order to make Knights of the Old Republic III a full and engaging experience that would not limit gameplay to those select few fans lucky enough to own the $27,648 gaming rig that would surely be required to render the game as a single player rpg we have elected to take the game to a global community in the form of an MMO. We are so going to **** you and you're going to like it, KotOR fans. :wavey:"

Okay, that's maybe not exactly how they would word it but it's close enough.

Screw a KOTOR MMO

The reasons we loved the RPG KOTOR games...

1.they were MODDABLE! we could add things! we could fool around with skins

2. We could create our own characters that were for our eyes only. they were special to us

3. There was no way little noobs could come up to us asking for free things or for money or for help

4.because RPG's rule!

I will say it again

SCREW A KOTOR MMO DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesss, I heard about his dumb KOTOR, Galaxies style game a loong time ago... In another forum not so far away. :xp:

Yeah, I got my anger out there, I'm pretty upset.... I mean why waste time and money, when they could make an AMAZING KOTOR 3 game in the same vein of 1 & 2?

And when... I don't think many people would buy into that... I certainly wouldn't buy it, Galaxies was okay... But I think it was overrated... We certainly don't need KOTOR to become overrated like that.

And what if the programmers run out of time like our friends at Obsisdian? Then we'd have a bugged, terrible MMORGP!! @_@

Well 2 isn't terrible, but they should have fixed it... (Good thing we have that Team Gizka... :xp:)

STILL *BAD* idea. They should put their time and money into a beautiful, gorgeous, KOTOR 3 RPG... ^^

My inner skeptic is out. Both linked sources lead to Kotaku, which only have this posted as a "Rumour" from an anonymous e-mailler. Or it could be the inner optimistist thinking "Oh God not a KotOR MMO".

I prefer a game I can play at my own leisure. I don't have to worry about it costing me more the more I play it, so I'm gonna get far more replay out of a regular RPG where I can just put it in and play without having to worry about if it's "worth" topping up my subscription.

Though admittedly a KotOR MMORPG -could- be good if it was a mythical "cool people only" MMO, but even then my relationship with MMOs in general is tenuous and best.

I refused a long time ago to ever pay monthly for a game and this will be no exception.

I agree. Having to pay all that money that adds up to a huge crapload of money each year is total BS, a scam, and a ripoff. This raises the question- What does Mr.Lucas care about more? The incredible story of starwars, or the money?

I have to say, I probably did overreact to this a bit, but it gets my point across; what I said in my other post in this thread.

Have you forgotten that not only do they have to pay a development team, but they also have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to upkeep the servers that are serving hundreds of thousands of players? A $15 monthly fee is not even close to unreasonable for a game like that -- if they didn't charge it they'd probably not be able to continue hosting the servers.

I won't pay $15 a month to play a game, but certainly not because I think it's unreasonable. I just don't feel like I would get $15 worth of fun each month out of a game that's going to cause me nothing but frustrations because (a) it won't have a plot, and (b) it will be full of a bunch of 11 year olds named something like Darth Joey hitting on my character because it has eBoobs.

Archived