Home

Disgruntled LucasArts Employees Leak Upcoming Titles...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the nerd rage in this thread makes me lawl. Just like announcement of a KOTOR MMO would.

Also, I don't trust the first source, and the second one is even less trustworthy on the matter because it cites the first. o_Q

LA would be better off just doing a Galaxies II than making K3 an MMO
What do you think a K3 MMO would be? :p

I'm still not convinced, personally. It's failsauce any way you slice it, though, so I can't bring myself to care too much.

But even if it is a rumor.... It's been the widespread opinion of fans that this Austin MMORPG would be in the KOTOR era for a while.

I would get it to try it out, but would quickly stop paying the monthly fee. No mods to keep my interest.

_EW_

I mean, we've known about the MMO for years.

I believe I speak for most everyone when I say *** ******, LucasArts. *** **** you straight to hell. :carms:

QFE.

I am sorry but that really stinks. No KotOR III for me. I would never pay to play and MMO, and I never will. I would rather buy the game once. I don't think that a KotOR III MMO will work. I think that it is a bad idea. :firemad:

Anyways, you captured my my thoughts...sorta....

I like how I'm the only person that ingores other people that speak in game.

MMO's are easy, if you want to pretend it's single-player, you can. :D Just don't interact with other players. Plus, not every MMO is like WoW.

What does Mr.Lucas care about more?

George Lucas doesn't actively run LucasArts, welcome to 1991

You all should probably get off your high-horses and smell reality. It can be quite refreshing.

Hard to ignore it when you can't turn it off in many games. Guild Wars is nice in that you can shut off any branch of the chat you don't want to see/read. Plus it's instanced, so no need to interact with the sillies at all if you don't want to. :)

However I don't suspect any LA MMO would be 'nice' like that.

You all should probably get off your high-horses and smell reality. It can be quite refreshing.

The air is fresher on my high-horse as I'm higher up.

To be honest if I had a choice of no KotOR 3 and a KotOR MMO, I would choose the latter, I could be tempted into online gaming, but play it single player style...

i don no y ur all mad abot kotor mmo im gona b a soopr jedi sith wit my quadrupl lghtsbr nd pwn u all caus my mom sad i cod stay up to 93o on it if i do my hw lolololololololloloololoololooool then im gona play runscap nd pwn u haha im probly lik teh bst plyer evr. ny1 wnt there shields trimmd

But seriously, do they really think they can succeed where galaxies completely failed, when at least galaxies had more than just video game players who knew what it was about.

*** sigh ***

Shades of 2004 "reboot" at LucasArts. Here we go again. :roleyess:

2004 May - Jim Ward assumes helm at LucasArts

2004 August - Mr. Ward initiates a round of layoffs at LucasArts later referring to the event as a "reboot" of the company.

2004 November - Jim Ward: we're going to focus on internal development (paraphrase)

2008 February - Jim Ward leaves LucasArts

2008 April - Darrell Rodriguez takes over as LucasArts' president

2008 June - another round of layoffs. LucasArts now apparently positioning itself to rely more on external development.

Round and round we go. Things sound like they are a real mess over at LucasArts right now.

As far as BioWare making a KotOR MMORPG goes, I'm interested. I've never played an MMORPG and BioWare seems like they'll be taking a more story-driven approach. Of course I would prefer a SPRPG but if that isn't going to happen then I may just decide to give a KotOR MMORPG a whirl.

EDIT: Also noticed on LucasArts' exec page that not only is Peter Hirschmann no longer listed but neither is the VP of Production Services, Atsuko Matsumoto. In any case, Mr. Rodriguez seems to have totally gutted LucasArts' production staff so it will be interesting to see if he hires any replacements or if he is indeed positioning LA to exclusively use third party developers.

A lot of potential, yes, but for those who are true KOTOR starwars gamers, it will be a waste of time to them. I will not pay a couple hundred a year for a game. It is not worth it, not with the idiots that would go play on it, not with the lag I'd get on it, and not with the stupid monthly payments. Actually, with my crappy computer, it's out of the question for now...

MMORPG KOTOR 3 project with BioWare
Did anybody get the impression that the MMO and RPG part of this are two separate things? A couple of my brothers and three of my nephews each have an Xbox360 and they have games they play online through Xbox Live and it also have either an adventure game or a role playing game too. I'm betting this could be the case and it's going to be an Xbox360 only release if this is true.

Whey is everybody getting mad and assuming this is already going to be a PC only release like Star Wars Galaxies?

Will wait for official word from LA before mourning KotOR 3.

I'm sure there's a market for a KotOR MMO, but the fact of the matter is they're going to leave the story began in the series to the vagaries of a fan/opinion poll hell rather than finishing the trilogy they began with such promise. That's the one big flaw in the KotOR 3 as MMO idea; an MMO has to keep some semblance of a story arc going for people to actually keep playing and paying, and that leaves the people who bought, played and became fans of the first two without closure in the whole Revan/Exile storyline. After the halfass non-finished ending to TSL, is just seems like an extra slap in the face.

KotOR 3 <> MMORPG

I just want to say that when I was playing WoW, it SAVED me a lot of money. I was buying at least £60 worth of games a month to cure by boredom, as oppose to paying £8 a month playing one game only.

As for this KotOR MMO, I'll wait for official word.

Archived