Home

The Apprentice's name

I remember reading on a thread somewhere around here that it had been leaked the Apprentice's name started with an "S". That led to some discussion about it being "Starkiller", or Luke's alter-ego had he turned DS in Episode VI.

I just read this on the Soulcalibur IV wiki:

A recent trailer reveals that Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice from Lucasarts' upcoming video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be included as a playable character on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions

I don't know if it's incorrect, already been released, or an accidental leak confirming the name, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Here's the link.

EDIT:

Maybe it's more common knowledge that I thought - I found this on TFU wiki:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed tells the story of Darth Vader's secret apprentice, Starkiller, as he hunts down the Jedi remaining after Emperor Palpatine orders them killed.[7] Set in the dark times between Episode III and Episode IV, the story explores the aftermath of the Great Jedi Purge as well as the rise of Darth Vader, leading into the Original Trilogy.[1]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of 'Starkiller'. It sounds like a silly name - and it doesn't really say 'Secret' either. They maybe should have stuck with just 'Apprentice', like the KOTOR series - him not having a name would add to the mystery.

True, but out of the doubtless hundreds of names they could have used, they used 'Starkiller'.

I maybe should have phrased it a bit better. 'Subtle' would have been a better word than secret. It's just that Starkiller is about as unsubtle as you could get for a character whose very existence is only apparently known by around six people.

I also know that Starkiller, is what Luke would have been had he joined Vader and Sidious
I don't think thats literal, I think they're saying more that the apprentice is what Luke would be like had he chosen the Dark side, hence giving him a name that was originally meant for Luke. I don't believe Starkiller has ever made it into Star Wars before.

I don't think thats literal, I think they're saying more that the apprentice is what Luke would be like had he chosen the Dark side, hence giving him a name that was originally meant for Luke. I don't believe Starkiller has ever made it into Star Wars before.

Same thing...

Before I declare it lame I will need to know his backstory in full. I wish they had picked something that hand't been used before, but if the story fits then I'm ok with it. I think the key will be finding out who his mother is (if he really is the son of Kento).

**Update: I just read this on the Starkiller wiki**

Vader's apprentice is the main protagonist of the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. His name is reported to be Starkiller but it was stated by Adam Kahn (Senior PR Manager at LucasArts) that it is just a code name. His real name is yet to be revealed.

Archived