Home

The Apprentice's name

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I wonder what his first name is, it's probably some really, totally strange name that we'll never get :lol:...

Like Qui-gon for example?

But it probably is going to something really outlandish, considering that Episodes 1-3 were chock full of crazy names, while the original trilogy had fairly normal names. It's the direction that lucas wants it to go.

Yes, a good plot, storyline, and settings, I would like to fight on Kashyyyk, that would be fun...Also cool moves for "starkiller" to pull off while fighting, and his name should have at least some meaning...

Naw, you don't need to know his whole childhood to tell that his name sounds bad.

I think in this case you do need to know his background, since they are using a name that is related to the roots of Star Wars (Starkiller being Luke's original last name). However, if Starkiller is only a code name as I later posted, this point is moot.

While Starkiller may indeed work as a name, I think it detracts from it if you have to be familiar with the connection to Luke for it to make sense or be cool. I mean, probably a lot of the people who're going to play the game won't be "hardcore Star Wars fan" enough to research the history of the name. So if the coolness of the name is merely based on that, perhaps they should have picked something else.

Archived