Home

Saber going though what?

Ok, I have no idea whats the current intention or idea is right now about sabers penetrating though common brushes. But when doing some private testing, I noticed that the most recent package that came with the enhanced stuff had no problems with sabers bouncing off though walls. It was like 1.1 where the saber would only bounce if you arm or hilt was trying to go though the wall and I have no problems there. However, In Maxstate's current MSN comment and what I believe to be the most recent DLLs, Sabers can not go though the ground when doing certain uppercuts on certain styles. I think this to be very game breaking if it can render your very ability to saber and not to mention increase randomness, unpredictability, and lack of control.

Sabers should be able to go though anything unless its a forcefield, saber or blaster fire, in movies and stuff, things get shred to pieces with light sabers. Yet even the smallest pillar/brush can not be penetrated in the latest build.

Then why are the DLLs in your MSN comment if you don't want people to download it. Then does that mean you are testing 1.3 before 1.2's release?

How is it useless?

And a more important question, what is the intent of the whole sabers not going though the ground on a few uppercut swings? Are you trying to nerf and randomize sabering? This issue has been on and off the whole time I have been testing 1.2, sometimes its there, and sometimes it is not. I don't believe a thread that addresses a huge game play issue that might slip by for 1.2 could not be considered useless.

It's a link? Yes it is. "mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm" looks pretty "linky" to me

It's meant for you? Well I think I am trying to help beta test...

Was V1.2 released? "we're not troubleshooting them until after the release of v1.2." What does that mean in regards to your "link" then.

It's a link? Yes it is. "mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm" looks pretty "linky" to me

It's meant for you? Well I think I am trying to help beta test...

Was V1.2 released? "we're not troubleshooting them until after the release of v1.2." What does that mean in regards to your "link" then.

You would have to add at least the world wide web part, if not the entire http:// section of it, for it to become a link. In its original state, it's also just a message that can not be clicked (at least in my MSN) and has to be copied manually. That's a lot of work right there for something as easy as a link!

Give it up, it's not a link.

I don't see how you can take the beta-testing reigns into your own hands, considering that the developers usually handpick the beta testers. By that logic, anyone could download it from my link and become a "beta tester". No one did though, only you.

It doesn't mean anything in regards to my link. Unless you try to make it mean something that it doesn't.

You would have to add at least the world wide web part, if not the entire http:// section of it, for it to become a link. In its original state, it's also just a message that can not be clicked (at least in my MSN) and has to be copied manually.

Funny you should say that because when I put that "link" in it adds http://www. to it. So I guess it is a link. Not to mention the .com part kinda gives it away as being an internet address of some sort.

http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/

Here I took the time and effort to make you a link and a whole website

That's a lot of work right there for something as easy as a link!

Well I guess I work really hard for this mod then.

I don't see how you can take the beta-testing reigns into your own hands, considering that the developers usually handpick the beta testers. By that logic, anyone could download it from my link and become a "beta tester". No one did though, only you.

Keep your beta closed then because you just leaked your whole mod.

dont mind zero guys he's one of our best beta testers. He's found some crazy hacky stuff so far but luckily he hasnt found too many bugs that we didnt intend for. we must be doing something right ;) He's also the master of the unrivaled exploiding kitten idea! :p

Funny you should say that because when I put that "link" in it adds http://www. to it. So I guess it is a link. Not to mention the .com part kinda gives it away as being an internet address of some sort.

The questions were whether it was a link and whether someone asked you to download the files from my personal message. Again, it is not a link. It requires the reader to re-type it or otherwise copypaste it into his browser. This shows that the reader didn't stumble upon the dlls, but typed the address into his browser with intent, knowing full-well the agreements that have been made about pre v1.2 files and the troubleshooting thereof.

If it was a link, all you'd have to do is click it. No one asked you to download, nor test nor post about the files in my IM message. Again, you knew full well what was agreed about these files because you've been at some of our playtests.

Here I took the time and effort to make you a link and a whole website

Well I guess I work really hard for this mod then.

Keep your beta closed then because you just leaked your whole mod.

I haven't leaked anything. Notice how you're, so far, the only one that has downloaded it and posted about it? The rest of the downloaders are actual betatesters that aren't universally loathed by the rest of the team. You don't see them posting threads on a beta version, do you? Ever stop to think about what you're doing?

all i have to say to this situation between max state and ZeroOfTheFour... is LOL

especially the Maxstate got owned part... cause that is a link max, even though not a fully fuctional one it still works if you fill in the blanks. which any retard can... :D

bad mistake on your part

If only bug testing capability correlated in directed proportion to good etiquette.

Look, that .dll file was not meant for the public. If that was the case, then we'd have put a link here on the forums. Max put up that link two days ago on MSN for ease of access to the people we asked to take part in a demo for Nozyspy and Kouen, who were very nice and spent much time playing with us so that they could write a review.

That message was intended for the people who were invited to take part in the demonstration of OJP's major gameplay elements. It wasn't even a troubleshooting session, and you were not asked to download or take part in said demo. Even if it was an internal beta testing session (as opposed to an open beta publicly posted here):

What happens in beta testing hell, stays in beta testing hell.

I think we've learned a lesson in the past few months regarding the release of our beta builds - with too many versions floating around, client-server incompatibility bugs show up, among numerous other headaches which discourage new players from playing. People unable to spawn because of changes to the costs for certain skills, etc., all that could be avoided if normal players didn't get caught up in trying to get the newest beta build.

Oh, did someone mention to you yet that Max's .dll link was actually 4 bug revisions old? It was used on the tntclan server to bypass the very problem I was talking about regarding multiple builds. It wasn't even the "most recent package." We weren't even intending on releasing a "most recent package" for everyone until the official release on JK3Files. Why? To prevent threads like these.

all i have to say to this situation between max state and ZeroOfTheFour... is LOL

especially the Maxstate got owned part... cause that is a link max, even though not a fully fuctional one it still works if you fill in the blanks. which any retard can... :D

bad mistake on your part

So it's a link when you fill in the blanks? Yes, like a piece of wood is a guitar body - you just have to fill in the blanks :giveup:

No. Zero typed out the link and added what was necessary for it to become a link, knowingly downloaded it despite knowing the proper code of conduct regarding betas, then posts a thread about it where he goes into offensive mode versus me for allowing *people* to download a beta from my msn personal message that he just happened to come across, download, play and review. Again, despite knowing the agreements that were laid out regarding the betatesting process.

Haven't you noticed that there wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for this thread? He not only made people aware of where to get a bugged out beta, offended me and the team, but also accused me of making some kind of mistake because he happened to go ahead and download, play and review something that wasn't meant for him. Then he posted a thread about it.

Even with everything working against him he's still being stubborn, disrespectful and insulting.

This is not betatester material.

K both of you calm down. Since Zero is not a "official" beta tester he is now declared one, from what i've seen he seems to be a pretty good bug finder/beta tester.

*rzrace smilie*

That doesn't mean he'd be a good betatester. Read the mailing list I sent out this morning; we need to re-assess who gets to be a betatester and who doesn't. This won't work.

One link says it all.

http://www.maxstate.justgotowned.com/

If only bug testing capability correlated in directed proportion to good etiquette.

If only it was directly proportionate to anything redeemable for Zero's position.

Look, that .dll file was not meant for the public. If that was the case, then we'd have put a link here on the forums. Max put up that link two days ago on MSN for ease of access to the people we asked to take part in a demo for Nozyspy and Kouen, who were very nice and spent much time playing with us so that they could write a review.

You don't have to treat him like a kid, Tanq. He knows exactly what he did and why he did it.

That message was intended for the people who were invited to take part in the demonstration of OJP's major gameplay elements. It wasn't even a troubleshooting session, and you were not asked to download or take part in said demo. Even if it was an internal beta testing session (as opposed to an open beta publicly posted here):

As you've noticed yesterday, he tends to invite himself to betatesting sessions.

What happens in beta testing hell, stays in beta testing hell.

VVVV

You don't have to treat him like a kid, Tanq. He knows exactly what he did and why he did it.

VVVV

I think we've learned a lesson in the past few months regarding the release of our beta builds - with too many versions floating around, client-server incompatibility bugs show up, among numerous other headaches which discourage new players from playing. People unable to spawn because of changes to the costs for certain skills, etc., all that could be avoided if normal players didn't get caught up in trying to get the newest beta build.

If he hasn't noticed himself being the only person to post about this and make such a big fuss about it, I doubt he'd be able to understand the finer details of why and how we've been working the way we have. Which is why I'm beginning to feel sympathy for his case; don't think he knows any better.

Oh, did someone mention to you yet that Max's .dll link was actually 4 bug revisions old? It was used on the tntclan server to bypass the very problem I was talking about regarding multiple builds. It wasn't even the "most recent package." We weren't even intending on releasing a "most recent package" for everyone until the official release on JK3Files. Why? To prevent threads like these.

That's what I've been trying to tell him.

Tanqexe is right as usual. His wisdom belies his years.

Tanq said exactly the same as I did. You should stop sucking up to him for plagiarizing his and Hockney's work, you're as bad as Zero is in a lot of books.

this thread should be closed. And Max should remove that link from the MSN account.. thens everyones happy :D

Since when have you been in a position to order anyone or anything around? I've never demanded recognition or respect from anyone, but the level of disrespect you're showing with your miserable combination of brown-nosing and insulting is getting really aggravating, really fast.

ow and we need a OJP 0.1.2 changes log :)

Weird, wasn't it in my "link" together with the rest of OJP? Hmmmm...........

I felt like wasting some time.

One: A link, what is a link? Something that CONNECTS some things.

His personal message connects nothing. It only connects to a website when filled in *in a browser* (And may even require adding http:// or www. to it), but the message itself in his personal message is not a link. For it links to nothing (as mentioned before). The best you could claim is that it refers to a site. (Referring != linking)

I see nothing to blame on Maxstate, unless you want to blame him for "ignorance about the existence of foolish people who complain about unofficial "links"."

And do not dare to go against me, for I am God. "If you fill in the blanks."

p.s: Zero's counter to Maxstate with his abuse of the yougotowned site is weak imo.

Point two of my post contains a disclaimer with random points to avoid this crap in the future lol, and can be completely ignored unless you have time to kill and just want to read some stuff:

==================================================================

Two:

Maybe you need to add a disclaimer to the beta version:

*By filling in this personal message on my msn in your web browser and by downloading the file associated with beforementioned personal message (when typed out in a browser), you agree that you have downloaded a beta, and as such, you agree that we hold no responsibility for any game related issues that you may or may not have. Also, the following points apply:

1.: You will agree (not whine about) this Beta product as it is, beta, and as such, it is not meant for release to the general public. (However the potential to download *is* available to the public, as beforementioned this is done on your own risk, and we take no responsibility whatsoever)

2.: You will not act like it is the final product, as it is a beta product.

3.: You will agree with (not whine about) this disclaimer, or about not having read it. It applies whether you have read it or not.

4.: For every successive post in a whine thread made by the downloader, the downloader grants the OJP team permission to redeem 20 euros per post from the downloader.

If you do not agree, delete this file now or face ultimate nubbishness.*

So it's a link when you fill in the blanks? Yes, like a piece of wood is a guitar body - you just have to fill in the blanks :giveup:

No. Zero typed out the link and added what was necessary for it to become a link, knowingly downloaded it despite knowing the proper code of conduct regarding betas, then posts a thread about it where he goes into offensive mode versus me for allowing *people* to download a beta from my msn personal message that he just happened to come across, download, play and review. Again, despite knowing the agreements that were laid out regarding the betatesting process.

ok relax, I wasn't really been that serious. This is nothing don't worry about it. Best thing to do is forget that this thread is here, respond once clearing it up and leave. Dragging this along like some sort of big a deal is ridiculous. lets just all kiss and make up now. :D

and theres a big difference between demand and ask thank you very much :lol:

Tanqexe has taught me alot, about plagiarizism and how to saber fight. I've learned from his experience, i respect him alot now, and perhaps my attitude in general is more light hearted. I think things are good between us now.

-0mega-;2475776']

*By filling in this personal message on my msn in your web browser and by downloading the file associated with beforementioned personal message (when typed out in a browser), you agree that you have downloaded a beta, and as such, you agree that we hold no responsibility for any game related issues that you may or may not have. Also, the following points apply:

1.: You will agree (not whine about) this Beta product as it is, beta, and as such, it is not meant for release to the general public. (However the potential to download *is* available to the public, as beforementioned this is done on your own risk, and we take no responsibility whatsoever)

3.: You will agree with (not whine about) this disclaimer, or about not having read it. It applies whether you have read it or not.

4.: For every successive post in a whine thread made by the downloader, the downloader grants the OJP team permission to redeem 20 euros per post from the downloader.

Damn, I absolutely loathe legalese, but that is gold.

Well, this is an open source mod, and we certainly have nothing against people troubleshooting on their own time (when we finally make that commit to the repository). However, this should only extend to open betas and public releases. Internal betas are done for a reason - we're testing out some new ideas or tweaking old ones, things not meant to be committed just yet to the repository. They aren't intended for "public consumption."

'Course we haven't committed to the repository just yet, but that will most likely change following v1.2 release.

-0mega-;2475776']I felt like wasting some time.

One: A link, what is a link? Something that CONNECTS some things.

His personal message connects nothing. It only connects to a website when filled in *in a browser* (And may even require adding http:// or www. to it), but the message itself in his personal message is not a link. For it links to nothing (as mentioned before). The best you could claim is that it refers to a site. (Referring != linking)

I see nothing to blame on Maxstate, unless you want to blame him for "ignorance about the existence of foolish people who complain about unofficial "links"."

And do not dare to go against me, for I am God. "If you fill in the blanks."

p.s: Zero's counter to Maxstate with his abuse of the yougotowned site is weak imo.

Point two of my post contains a disclaimer with random points to avoid this crap in the future lol, and can be completely ignored unless you have time to kill and just want to read some stuff:

==================================================================

Two:

____ _____ ____ __

/\ _`\ /\ __`\ /\ _` \/\ \

\ \ \L\ \ \ \/\ \ \ \L\_ \ \ \

\ \ , / \ \ \ \ \ \ _\/ \ \ \ __

\ \ \\ \\ \ \_\ \ \ \/ \ \ \L\ \

\ \_\ \_ \ \____\ \_\ \ \____/

\/_/\/ / \/_____/\/_/ \/___/

edit: it borked my rofl :(

____ _____ ____ __

/\ _`\ /\ __`\ /\ _` \/\ \

\ \ \L\ \ \ \/\ \ \ \L\_ \ \ \

\ \ , / \ \ \ \ \ \ _\/ \ \ \ __

\ \ \\ \\ \ \_\ \ \ \/ \ \ \L\ \

\ \_\ \_ \ \____\ \_\ \ \____/

\/_/\/ / \/_____/\/_/ \/___/

edit: it borked my rofl :(

Gawd, that actually made me chuckle.

I can read it when I quote you though :p.

Ok not once did I post that link on this thread, I only made note of something that was in your own MSN comment. Don’t give a statement with assumptions. You have a comment on you MSN its only natural for people to look into it deeper. You by far leaked something. Don’t blame it on me. It was on your MSN comment for the whole world to view. And any person with half a brain can type it in and get it. I on my part made a mistake to download it because I assumed that it was the most recent version after testing with that JK3 guy.

I also have never been given the proper code of conducts for OJP beta testing. I just played with Jon and got invited and stuff.

So Haven't you noticed that there wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for this thread? He not only made people aware of where to get a bugged out beta, offended me and the team, but also accused me of making some kind of mistake because he happened to go ahead and download, play and review something that wasn't meant for him. Then he posted a thread about it.

Even with everything working against him he's still being stubborn, disrespectful and insulting.

No one hates me, only you do. Jon said I was a good tester. Die said he will make me a declared beta tester. You if anything are being stubborn, respectful and insulting. The link for you ownage was only a joke. Get over it.

This is not betatester material.

Like finding certain bugs and crashes with about 1 month of testing is not betatester material… Okay…

That doesn't mean he'd be a good betatester. Read the mailing list I sent out this morning; we need to re-assess who gets to be a betatester and who doesn't. This won't work.

Jon and Die say otherwise.

If only it was directly proportionate to anything redeemable for Zero's position.

So basically I am a bad person now?

Yeah… I copied your comment to do some testing on it, and I did it because I love OJP.

As you've noticed yesterday, he tends to invite himself to betatesting sessions.

Not really, Die lets me come on. Until this point which you turned the whole team against me to follow your own private agenda.

If he hasn't noticed himself being the only person to post about this and make such a big fuss about it, I doubt he'd be able to understand the finer details of why and how we've been working the way we have. Which is why I'm beginning to feel sympathy for his case; don't think he knows any better.

There was nothing fussy about this it. I posted politely and respectfully, read the 1st post. Nothing bad was said. But you proceeded to deem my efforts “useless”. And because of your own action, you are making things spin out of control.

That's what I've been trying to tell him.

No one said anything to me of the sort. However Max, you made a dumb move by posting that in you MSN comment and suspecting no one to look into it or download it.

I now know that its not the most recent package. My mistake. But is that mistake worth being off of OJP and its beta team? While you Max, still have that comment on your MSN. Isn’t that an even bigger mistake?

Tanq said exactly the same as I did. You should stop sucking up to him for plagiarizing his and Hockney's work, you're as bad as Zero is in a lot of books.

I can feel your anger… Use it strike me off the beta team and the whole mod will be yours…

Good Good….

Since when have you been in a position to order anyone or anything around? I've never demanded recognition or respect from anyone, but the level of disrespect you're showing with your miserable combination of brown-nosing and insulting is getting really aggravating, really fast.

Your path to the dark side is complete. The future of OJP will be ruled by the Iron Fist of Maxstate for ages to come… The Last Hope has failed us…

Archived