Home

K1's canon story

Racter

Does anyone else think the LS ending of K1 makes no sense, given the whole True Sith bit introduced in the second game?

Um, hi. I started a war to take over the Republic so I could make it strong enough to withstand a massive assault in the near future, then I just gave up in the middle of it and left to fight them by myself...

I personally feel the "left to fight them alone" angle is completely ridiculous too, not to mention leaving the Ebon Hawk... Can he teleport now?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've always thought that during and shortly after K1, Revan was completly schyzophrenic. One part of him was the cunning and clever Revan who had carefully planned the invasion of the Republic, the other part the stupid Light-Sider through and through who had not the wisdom the former Revan had, created by the Council.

So my guess is that when the latter recovered Revan's memories about the True Sith, that stupid moron decided to fight them the poor lonesome cowboy way, not wanting anyone he cared about to be harmed.

I could totally imagine Revan's original personality struggling to get control over the stupid Jedi-created one, and suddenly awakening in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by hostile True Sith, thousands of light-years from help, feeling "pwn'd".

was the true sith, tsl story taken into consideration by bioware? no, because it wasn't written by them or thought of until a year after k1 was released.

The canon ending was established solely for the benefit of future non customizable/rpg projects, ie. Comics, Novels etc, the fact that it's lightside did not surprise me as 'most' star wars stories have a neat happy ending

Um, hi. I started a war to take over the Republic so I could make it strong enough to withstand a massive assault in the near future, then I just gave up in the middle of it and left to fight them by myself...

If it's someone fault, it's certainly not Bioware's. How would it? As you yourself said, the True Sith babbling was introduced on the second game.

No oηe can answer this question because there's not enough information.

I say the same for darkside

:):D :D :)

if it's someone fault, it's certainly not Bioware's. How would it? As you yourself said, the True Sith babbling was introduced on the second game

Actually, two plot points in K2 are mentioned as far back as K1. Dorak says that nobody knows how Revan corrupted so many to his side (hinting at the true purpose of the Battle of Malachor V), and Ajunta Pall indirectly mentions the True Sith when speaking to him.

Just thinking out loud - I might be totally off base... but I think I remember Kreia mentioning Revan "going off to fight the true Sith in his own way", and something like, "Revan has gone where no one he loves can follow"... maybe that means something different than the obvious (leaving the known galaxy). Maybe it means he had to die. Perhaps its some spiritual battle. Or maybe he had to die to end the line of the teachings of the "true Sith". Like TKA-001 said, no one can answer this because we lack sufficient information.

I don't understand what's wrong with the KoToR 1 LS ending really. Revan starts remembering things about his old identity after they save the galaxy. Then Revan finally remembers what happened in the unknown regions. Revan leaves everybody he/she loves behind and takes the ebon hawk with him/her. Apparantly something happened cuz the driod thingy takes the ship back to the 'known' galaxy to search for help. What's not to get? :confused:

I never said the fault was Bioware's, it belongs to whoever decided to make the LS ending for K1 the cannon story.

If memory serves, and it might not, the LS ending to the game was made canon long before TSL was even created. It's also an homage (or a rip off depending on your point of view) to the ending of A New Hope.

And honestly I don't see how the LS ending would make any less sense in the context of TSL than the DS ending would. In fact the DS ending makes less. I mean Revan has an unlimited army at his/her beck and call, an apprentice that can perform Battle Meditation, and s/he abandons it all to go fight this threat to his/her power by him/herself? That makes no sense to me.

I say the same for darkside

O'rly, after going trough all the trouble geting to the star forge, you can get (almost) unlimited power to do as you please with, and a decent looking gal. Alternatively, you can give up the power and browbeat the gal into folowing you, which is going to do so much good for the galaxy. A galaxy with only a cripled navy to defend it.

What was that about being in their right mind:xp:

And people,this is the star wars universe which means that whenever the light/dark siders get a big advantage, they'll always screw up in the name of fair play.

O'rly' date=' after going trough all the trouble geting to the star forge, you can get (almost) unlimited power to do as you please with, and a decent looking gal. Alternatively, you can give up the power and browbeat the gal into folowing you, which is going to do [b']so [/b]much good for the galaxy. A galaxy with only a cripled navy to defend it.

What was that about being in their right mind:xp:

And people,this is the star wars universe which means that whenever the light/dark siders get a big advantage, they'll always screw up in the name of fair play.

Comprehension is not a prerequisite of co-operation.

Besides, why bother going DS, what does all that power get you in the end? And in my universe Revan is a woman :p

Without a K3 to answer our questions, we're really left fumbling in the dark.

Personally, I think the DS ending is even more inconsistent. Revan unifies the Sith, is posed to crush the Republic, and then lets the whole thing fall to pieces by leaving without establishing any sort of heir.

Le sigh, K3. About 3.5 years and no answers. :(

Comprehension is not a prerequisite of co-operation.

Must........not......sound.........stupid.......

It seems my terrible english strikes again, what did you mean by that?:headbump

Besides, why bother going DS, what does all that power get you in the end?

The joy of having no one to blame but myself for all the woes in the galaxy:D

And in my universe Revan is a woman

It changes little, as lord of tha oooniverze it wouldn't take long to, *ahem* get even with the male version:D

Must........not......sound.........stupid.......

It seems my terrible english strikes again, what did you mean by that?:headbump

Basically we don't have to understand each other to get on :)

The joy of having no one to blame but myself for all the woes in the galaxy:D

Isn't that the same either way? :p

It changes little' date=' as lord of tha oooniverze it wouldn't take long to, *ahem* get even with the male version:D[/quote']

I'm a nancy lightsider.... sorry! :D

Basically we don't have to understand each other to get on

:thumbsup:

Isn't that the same either way?

Lets asume a battle betwen cerka corp and some poor exploited locals turn into a full blown "civil" war.

Darksider: "Bad lotu, your fault, don't let that happen again." *Proceeds to use his powa to make peace*.

Lightsider: "Well, it's not like I could have done anything, because I was wise enough to give up what could have prevented it and ended it. A well, I'll try to make things right." *Grabs lightsaber, takes the first ship to cerka hq only to realize what happens to heroes who take on impossible odds once they become expendable*.

I'm a nancy lightsider.... sorry!

:coffee:

Well, in the context of TSL, the KotOR endings make no sense, however, if you've played TSL twice (Like myself) and disliked the game except for the updated graphics, then you don't really care and call it the bastard child of the franchise.

mur'phon, liked the comparison.

What I've never understood about the Lightside/Darkside, is why the Lightside is always Pro-Republic, and the Dark Side is always Anti-Republic. You'd think that the Jedi Council would have some Dark Jedi on their side that they can just call out when needed... E.G. the Assassination of Revan. Just a thought....

This kind of thing is why I think TSL is such a massive failure. They basically spat out everything Bioware had done (Not TOTALLY unreasonable, I daresay getting rid of some stuff makes good sense, but good grief, they threw the baby out with the bathwater) and basically ignored logic in favor of the bloody 'True Sith' plotline. I swear, if the True Sith turn out to be Yuuzhan Vong I'm going to find Avellone and eat his eyes.

:lol: I think you just made my day!

Anyway, maybe the mythical KotOR 3 will explain it... somehow... doubtful, but hey, we can wish, right?

Why is it that your actions in K1 don't affect anything in K2 except if Revan was male/female or dark/light... Wouldn't it be better if there was someway for it to check K1's data too? So if you helped kill the Mandies on Dantooine as Revan, the Jedi aren't hated with such a passion? Or something like that...

Nah, just crazy talk.

Oh, what about the GenoHarraden (Sp?) in K1, why couldn't there have been more to it? Maybe a mod idea for later?

Archived