Home

and Bao-Dur dies...

Burnseyy

i'm so gutted that Bao-Dur probably dies at the end of KOTOR2.

:(

he was one of my fav characters!

is it possible that he has gone on some kind of secret mission, much like the Exile's, alone?

or is that just me wishful thinking? :xp:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I refuse to believe my Bao is dead. Until I see indisputable proof in game, or actually hear it, in person, from Chris Avellone's mouth I refuse to believe it. :xp:

Someone's in denial. :xp:

I say that there is a 50% chance that he lived, and a 50% chance the hit the bucket.

Yeah. Really, the whole ending is so cur-fuddled that anything's possible. I think Bao-Dur died, either in the crash or on Telos in some way related to the cut HK factory. I can't think of any other explanation for why he wouldn't be on Malachor. But what I think doesn't matter, because as of now there's just not enough information to tell either way.

I don't understand the fascination with him either. He's of little use (apart from the shield breaker ability, which is pointless after you get a Lightsaber), he has nothing to say, he can't seem to get past his army days 'Yes, General?', and, along with his remote, he provides what is, on the whole a pretty boring part of the game.

Let's be honest, would anyone notice if he died?

As I understand it, both Bao Dur and HK-47 "disappear" when you go to Citadel Station / Telos for the second time (before going to the Ravager). HK-47 goes off to the HK Factory, but I don't think there's any evidence of where BD disappeared to, even among the cut content. But that's evidence enough that he didn't die when the ship crashed on Malachor, anyway. I doubt he managed to sneak back onboard without anyone noticing (though easy enough for Remote to be hiding onboard). All of the above is cut content, of course.

Doesn't nessicarily mean he's not dead, though. It seems that through cut content (or a few that are actually still in-game) almost every character has some sort of "climax" during the final part of the game. Minus T3, which could be explained by the fact that he has so many important parts through the game already and didn't need one, and Bao Dur (and possibly Desciple, can't remember, but who cares about him anyway :p). Unless you count Remote as Bao Dur's, but I don't. So maybe in the early stages of the game he was meant to have his own little portion at some point, but it got cut early. Maybe he was supposed to die, and it was deemed too "harsh", and thus cut.

There has to be something to the whole disappearence thing.

Yeah. Really, the whole ending is so cur-fuddled that anything's possible. I think Bao-Dur died, either in the crash or on Telos in some way related to the cut HK factory. I can't think of any other explanation for why he wouldn't be on Malachor. But what I think doesn't matter, because as of now there's just not enough information to tell either way.

Yeah, I tend to believe that Bao-Dur died too. I think that he made his remote sut down the shadow generator because he died and was unable to. I could be mis-interpreting it though....anything is possible though...:D

It seems that through cut content (or a few that are actually still in-game) almost every character has some sort of "climax" during the final part of the game. Minus T3, which could be explained by the fact that he has so many important parts through the game already and didn't need one, and Bao Dur (and possibly Desciple, can't remember, but who cares about him anyway :p).

Disciple and Hanharr got squat, and the others were all cut (save Visas and Brianna). But yeah, it seems like something's missing with Bao-Dur.

Maybe he was supposed to die, and it was deemed too "harsh", and thus cut.

Nah, there were a lot of NPC deaths that were cut, purely due to time constraints. And Visas can still die in the final version of the game.

There has to be something to the whole disappearence thing.

Indeed.

I could be mis-interpreting it though....anything is possible though...:D

Yup.

Hanharr gets... to lose to Mira if you play lightside. Yah, that.

I've only played Dark Side twice, one of them being my current playthrough which I'm still in the process of playing and the other being quite a while back, so I couldn't remember if he did or not. I thought I remembered him basically taking Mira's place, and fighting another greater storm beast instead of having a Mira fight.

I forgot about Visas' possible death. Though they built that up all throughout the game, what with her saying she was going to die for you a bajillion times. Bao Dur would be a bit more unexpected, and maybe that's why. Or maybe it was just cut for the sake of being cut, I dunno. Maybe they never even had a plot for it, maybe his disappearence is supposed to be a mystery.

^^ Melly would.

Yeah, me! :xp: And several other ladies on other boards. Seriously, Bao-Dur is my favorite character and I would be completely hacked :fist: and loathe this game that I love now, if it turned out he died. :cry6:

That's way back on Nar Shaddaa, though.

I thought I remembered him basically taking Mira's place, and fighting another greater storm beast instead of having a Mira fight.

Hmm...never actually had him in my party, but still, that's not as big as any of the others. And Disciple's got squat. Mr Avellone did say in an interview a while back (forgive me...don't have the link) that if he had to do it over again, he'd drop Hanharr and Disciple as party members.

They don't fight on Malachor if Hanharr's in your party. Mira is long dead.

He says if you're lightside. That would mean Mira's in your party, and then they fight on Malachor.

See, look:

_EW_

Archived