Home

and Bao-Dur dies...

Burnseyy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, even on Kashyyyk Zaalbar was useless.

I'm not sure why, but LucasArts seems to hate Wookies in general.

_EW_

They're just bitter that Return of the Jedi was ruined by the fact they couldn't pull off Wookies at the time, so had Ewoks instead, and everyone knows it sucked and made no sense. So as revenge LA has decided to make the Wookies pay for the incompetence (well someone has to take the fall, but never the big suit who's responsible!)

Well they're not Jedi (for no particular reason). ;)

Also, show the Wookiees some love yourself. Two E's ftw. :D

Yeah, they weren't Jedi - but I tried to like Hanharr. I tried to use him, and I turned him into a pretty good fighter. But plain and simple, his storyline sucks.

_EW_

(well someone has to take the fall, but never the big suit who's responsible!)
I don't know about that... I think a Wookiee would wear a bigger suit than anybody working for LucasArts. :D

But plain and simple, his storyline sucks.
What storyline? o.O He has about as much story as Bao Dur. xD

On the topic of Hanharr, I thoυght he was cooler than Zaalbar by several orders of magnitude, if for no reason other than the fact that he wasn't a goody-two-shoes lightsided rip-off of Chewbacca.

On the actual topic of this thread, I probably would've thought Bao-Dur was a decent character if he got a decent amount of dialogue like everyone else.

It's hard to tell what happened to Bao, because the plot is utter crap by the time you get to the end. I mean, how do you know to go to Malachor in the first place? There's just so many plot twists in such a short amount of space, that the plot makes no sense. It's like MGS2. Jae can vouch for me there as a big MGS fan.

On the topic of Bao-dur, he followed Kreia to Malachor and got killed. this will be shown in TSLCR.
I'm sorry, but AFAIK that's just pure BS. There is no reference whatsoever to Bao-Dur's fate in the game files, and Avellone & Co. aren't saying squat, most likely because they are bound to secrecy by an NDA while the story of TSL gets retconned to hell by talentless hacks who didn't write it. And what is TSLCR?

Oh. Well, in that case he should have mentioned that the scenario he was talking about was his own invention because it certainly wasn't Obsidian's. We really don't have a clue what happened to Bao-Dur and probably never will. That is, until one of the afore-mentioned talentless hacks thinks up yet another not-so-clever retcon. :roleyess:

BTW: In Bao-Dur's case he's not restoring anything because there is nothing to restore. He's conjuring it out of thin air.

They're never going to retcon anything about KOTOR. They never have before, and they won't start now. They prefer to skirt around the questions of what actually happened with everything important in the KOTOR era. The closest they'll ever come to information on the KOTOR era besides vagυe mention in sourcebooks and other such material is the comics, in which they follow the stories of the uninteresting, cookie-cutter characters that nobody actually cares about (like Lucien Draay and Zayne Carrick), rather than the ones that actually made KOTOR worth caring about.

Wow, such a heated debate...

Ok look, in cut material that TSLRP is restoring Bao-Dur mentions returning to Malachor to activate the Generator again. Then after you deal with the Atris problem, Grenn notices Bao-dur is gone. And in another cut line, Bao-Dur asks the remote to "Make my Sacrifice matter".

And so based upon those three things* it is easy to assume he followed Kreia to Malachor while you were on Telos, tried to activate the generator, but was killed. And even if this isn't EXACTLY** what OE intended, every other party member has a end-game resolution; Mira, Hanharr, Atton, Brianna, Mical, HK-47, Remote, Go-To, Visas Marr, and Kreia. And like Bao-dur every ones ending was cut or trimmed down to a shell of what it could have been.

So don't come complaining that this is BS, it makes perfect sense if you look at Bao-dur's character. He thought he could keep Czerka from messing up Telos on his own, he thought he could stop the Republic's enemies with his OWN creations, AND he very much regrets having made the generator in the first place.

There enjoy my argument.

*There are more but not worth mentioning here.

**Not everything in TSLRP, M4-78RP, or TSLCR is EXACTLY like Obsidian Intended.

There enjoy my argument.

And it's actually a pretty good one. If you can put it in the game and make it seamless and therefore believeable it might provide closure for a lot of people.

Excepting Melly, of course. ;)

BTW: In Bao-Dur's case he's not restoring anything because there is nothing to restore. He's conjuring it out of thin air.

That's what I was saying. :)

Wow, such a heated debate...

Ok look, in cut material that TSLRP is restoring Bao-Dur mentions returning to Malachor to activate the Generator again. Then after you deal with the Atris problem, Grenn notices Bao-dur is gone. And in another cut line, Bao-Dur asks the remote to "Make my Sacrifice matter".

And so based upon those three things* it is easy to assume he followed Kreia to Malachor while you were on Telos, tried to activate the generator, but was killed. And even if this isn't EXACTLY** what OE intended, every other party member has a end-game resolution; Mira, Hanharr, Atton, Brianna, Mical, HK-47, Remote, Go-To, Visas Marr, and Kreia. And like Bao-dur every ones ending was cut or trimmed down to a shell of what it could have been.

So don't come complaining that this is BS, it makes perfect sense if you look at Bao-dur's character. He thought he could keep Czerka from messing up Telos on his own, he thought he could stop the Republic's enemies with his OWN creations, AND he very much regrets having made the generator in the first place.

There enjoy my argument.

*There are more but not worth mentioning here.

**Not everything in TSLRP, M4-78RP, or TSLCR is EXACTLY like Obsidian Intended.

Could you provide concrete proof of this cut line, please? I wasn't aware it existed. Please make available either the sound file or the TLK entry or whatnot where it says this.

Thanks in Advance.

As for your argument, you're drawing conclusions. You can't call your project 'Content Restoration' if you're not restoring cut content. In this case, you're creating a mod. Which is fine, as long as you identify it as such.

That's just from my point of view - I don't actually care if you rename your project or anything, but I thought you were saying there was cut information about Bao-Dur. Until you provide that dialog, that still seems to be false.

And it's actually a pretty good one. If you can put it in the game and make it seamless and therefore believeable it might provide closure for a lot of people.

Excepting Melly, of course. ;)

I disagree. And it might provide closure, but they have to remember that it's not cut content, it's someone's interpretation of events that was modded in.

_EW_

I generally like Bao Dur, especially as a fanfiction writer. He had the potential to be a sincearly kickass character, with a lot of backstory, a pimpin robot arm, and a spherical floating friend. But instead, he was that "Character you never use" and whenever ou tried to talk to him, the only option was "Never mind."

I hope he didn't die, so him and his 2nd remote can go on adventures fixing things throughout the galexy.

Archived