Home

and Bao-Dur dies...

Burnseyy

Ok look, in cut material that TSLRP is restoring Bao-Dur mentions returning to Malachor to activate the Generator again. Then after you deal with the Atris problem, Grenn notices Bao-dur is gone. And in another cut line, Bao-Dur asks the remote to "Make my Sacrifice matter".

And so based upon those three things* it is easy to assume he followed Kreia to Malachor while you were on Telos, tried to activate the generator, but was killed. And even if this isn't EXACTLY** what OE intended, every other party member has a end-game resolution; Mira, Hanharr, Atton, Brianna, Mical, HK-47, Remote, Go-To, Visas Marr, and Kreia. And like Bao-dur every ones ending was cut or trimmed down to a shell of what it could have been.

So don't come complaining that this is BS, it makes perfect sense if you look at Bao-dur's character. He thought he could keep Czerka from messing up Telos on his own, he thought he could stop the Republic's enemies with his OWN creations, AND he very much regrets having made the generator in the first place.

There enjoy my argument.[/Quote]

I'm with Ender on this. You're making suppositions regarding Bao-Dur. If you can show us the appropriate cut content, I'll retract that statement. And you missed out a party member - Mandalore. He doesn't have a resolution at the end of his story.

Okay, Bao-Dur took on Czerka's destruction of the Telos Project. But I don't think that, even with his strong morals, he would have been foolish enough to take on the Dark Lord of the Sith.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok look, in cut material that TSLRP is restoring Bao-Dur mentions returning to Malachor to activate the Generator again. Then after you deal with the Atris problem, Grenn notices Bao-dur is gone. And in another cut line, Bao-Dur asks the remote to "Make my Sacrifice matter".

And so based upon those three things* it is easy to assume he followed Kreia to Malachor while you were on Telos, tried to activate the generator, but was killed. And even if this isn't EXACTLY** what OE intended, every other party member has a end-game resolution; Mira, Hanharr, Atton, Brianna, Mical, HK-47, Remote, Go-To, Visas Marr, and Kreia. And like Bao-dur every ones ending was cut or trimmed down to a shell of what it could have been.

So don't come complaining that this is BS, it makes perfect sense if you look at Bao-dur's character. He thought he could keep Czerka from messing up Telos on his own, he thought he could stop the Republic's enemies with his OWN creations, AND he very much regrets having made the generator in the first place.

I'm sorry, buψ as the others said, without additional proof for it originally being exactly as you described, your hypothesis is speculation like everyone else's here.

Link to where you can here the cut dialog: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/kotor2/download_6117573.html

Also eben though I didn't name Canderous he sorta had a resolution as well, if you had Visas with you on Malachor then he woudl have another scene with her and then when she heads into the Academy along with the others, he would stay outside to guard the entrance.

Otherwise, he would stay on the ship.

Also for M4-78 Dstoney had to conjecture some about the story to finish the planet. And parts of TSLRP have been moved(and partly re-created) so that it fits with the rest of the game.

If you are against it, I'll add it as an option.

Also eben though I didn't name Canderous he sorta had a resolution as well, if you had Visas with you on Malachor then he woudl have another scene with her and then when she heads into the Academy along with the others, he would stay outside to guard the entrance.

That never happens in the released game, or at least i've never seen it. Is that cut content? If it is, it doesn't count as a resolution.

It's the voice, it can melt the hearts of both women AND men.

I never really cared about Bao-Dur much.

His VOICE?! His voice made me die inside. I wanted to scream at him to talk louder or something. He was so annoying.

Sorry I just get worked up when it comes to him.

Hmm, I found Bao-Dur's voice to be very indicative of a man who seems calm on the surface, but in reality who's anger is barely held in check. Funny how different people see things, isn't it?

indeed!

though it did get annoying when all you could say was 'nothing nevermind'

I like to think that all of the characters, including Bao-Dur, will be considered alive in KotOR III because all the endings were cut. I think there's really no way to argue anything here, seeing as there is little to nothing to support either side- the game just doesn't care about your friends in the end.

Hmm... I always thought it was likely that Bao-Dur was originally going to die, whether it was at Malachor V or at M4-78. It just seemed to be heading that way until half way through the game-which is when there is nothing more to say to the guy...

I don't mind his voice so much, but the volume and quality is terrible at times. Seriously, I thought he was whispering or something before I turned up the volume and realised... wow, they didn't work too hard on that voice did they?

• 3 weeks later...

I personally totally disliked Bao-Dur, I got him, used him for a bit, then switched him off. Completely useless to me. This hapened to Visas as well. Never used any droids.(droids suck ass) Just me, Atton, Handmaiden and Hanharr was all I needed.

Hanharr was so boring lol

I hate the wookies on the game. Zalbaar was the same. guhh. T.T;

(just to clarify, that line rhymed.)

Seriously. Here's what I got from the wookies in the games.

Hanharr - RAWR. YOU NOT READY FOR TEH SHADOWLANDZ, NOOB.

Zalbaar - MY BROTHER = DOUCHEBAG, MISSION GET AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT HAIRBRUSH, OMFG I SWEAR.

Seriously. Here's what I got from the wookies in the games.

Hanharr - RAWR. YOU NOT READY FOR TEH SHADOWLANDZ, NOOB.

Zalbaar - MY BROTHER = DOUCHEBAG, MISSION GET AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT HAIRBRUSH, OMFG I SWEAR.

haha.

too true.

i'm so glad you could at least kind of 'decide' whether to have Hanharr or not.

haha.

too true.

i'm so glad you could at least kind of 'decide' whether to have Hanharr or not.

The only thing I like about Hanharr is that in his little picture thingy in the party selection page, he sorta looks like my dog.... but then again, I dislike my dog....

yeah, the point of this post is nothing. Except I still like bao-dur...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yknow, the first time i played, i couldnt have cared less about bao. my friend thought he was awesome but i was like, "what?! he does nothing! you cant even talk to him!"

but it was crazy... in my second playthrough, i just... thought he was great! he just suddenly looked really neat, and MAN, he looks AWESOME when he's darkside!! i now think bao-dur is great!! it would SO annoying if they really killed him!:migraine: if that happened... i would be SO ticked. first they go mess up the ending sacrificing quality for their wallets, and then to go kill bao-dur?? i wouldnt stand it! :headbump

is this thread necromancy? there seems to be a trend right now... how old is too old for resurrection? this thread is on the first page... and besides, when i saw it i *had* to post my annoyance :firemad:

im with melly on this

Archived