Home

any Malak haters/fans out there?

Burnseyy

well, you know the whole situation with Malak being Revan's apprentice.

D'yo reckon Malak would make a good main character of a story? :xp:

I'm considering doing a comic on how Revan and Malak betrayed the Jedis.

give yr opinions. :)

I've always believed Malak is a better Sith Apprentice than Dark Lord.

QFE.

I also think that Malak is a little annoying. I think that he abused his power, but I guess that all Sith Lords are like that. I guess that he just isn't that great of a Sith.

Well, everyone has a story. However, not everyones story is enjoyable to know about. I would love to know why Malak is Malak. :)

I think Malak had tons of potential and BioWare dropped the ball by making him into a horribly cliche villian. :(

Agreed. The only part I liked about him in K1 was how he viewed Revan as blind and stupid for holding back on the Republic and not using the Star Forge to its fullest potential. But of course we only get that for about two minutes at the very end of the game. They could have delved into it a bit more.

The other aspect of Malak that I didn't like is that he was annoying as a Jedi too, before he fell. He was just pompous. His lack of a jaw was creepy and kind of cool, but that's about all I liked about him as the Dark Lord of the Sith. Plus, when I found out I was Revan, I knew he was always my <female dog> anyway.

I never hated Malak nor did I ever like him much. His tactics were too wreckless (i.e. bombing Taris) which was in vain since Bastila had escaped anyway :S If he were more methodical like Revan or dare I say, Kreia, then I think he could have made a much better villain.

Let me make my point clear. The:

KotOR game Malak wasn't much more than a Vader rip-off. Even his cruelty acts didn't surprise me a bit because Vader had already done that all before.

KotOR comics Malak is something else. In fact, if that Malak had a solo Jedi game somewhere it would be a successful one. Right, I'm pushing it a little, but the fact stands: comics Malak is way deeper than the Sith Lord shown on the game.

I despise Malak. I just hate seeing that character so full of hate with no source. The reason why Yuthura Ban is my favorite sith is because she had every reason to fall to the DS. With all the injustices she suffered, I would agree with everything she said about anger and hate being deserved and right. Malak's hate and anger seemed more from greed than anything else. I hate greed above almost anything else, so my opinion may be biased.

Well I think it's a little harsh to criticize Malak as being a "Vader ripoff" when most of KOTOR was influenced heavily by the Original Trilogy. I personally think the creators managed to mimic what made Star Wars so great without copying everything verbatim. All the characters hint at their counterparts in the original saga without being mere clones. Unlike Anakin Skywalker, Malak before becoming the Dark Lord, was very cautious about delving into forbidden knowledge despite being tempted by it. Without Revan, I doubt Malak would have fallen.

Malak, while being less subtle and more direct in his actions, was not a simpleton. He discovered the true nature of the Star Forge and created a new strategy for conquest instead of simply taking the easy route and following Revan's initial plan. I am not saying Malak was a genius but he was not ignorant of strategy either.

I overall liked Darth Malak despite his somewhat cliched nature but as I said, I do not think he was a complete cliche since he was unwary about pursuing power during his fall to the dark side unlike Vader. While Anakin/Vader did have moments of doubt, he wanted more power against the wishes of his Jedi teachers, while Alek was not so quick to abandon his mentor's warnings.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a statement earlier that I would take back, but it's already been stated so...

I would find it interesting to see a story of how a noble jedi did become so full of anger and hate. I would read a fiction such as this, but I only would be less enthused to see the character 'develop.' The end is known, but I'd be interested to know your take on Malak.

Archived