Home

V1.2! Look here!

Tanqexe

....or, this'll be the closest you'll be getting to it for just a little while longer ;)

=====

http://files.filefront.com/OJPv12credwmv/;10585214;/fileinfo.html

(crap quality)

Edit: uploaded version with credits (sorry bjuster :( )

======

OJP Lightsaber Forms

======

Some of the things you'll be expecting in a day or two. Patched it together real quick because I don't have time to make something professional - leaving for Taiwan tomorrow.

Let this thread be for all discussions related to v1.2 prior to and after release. Leave your egos outside the house, please.

Yeah, keep in mind that from the perspective of people playing v1.0 or v1.1, a lot of the features will be pretty new or have been refined/balanced out from previous releases. A lot of the efx were tweaked thanks to Max; knockbacks from explosions have been a blast (no pun intended) to watch and experience.

This video was intended for the JK3Files review, which recommended that videos be no more than 2 minutes - I had to squeeze in an extra 30s because of credits, and that was probably pushing. There wasn't really much time to put together everything as well as I would have liked, but the vid's intended to only be a taste of what's in v1.2, not its entirety. As mentioned, I don't have the ability to put together something too professional with my current setup and on such short notice.

The last OJP version release on JK3Files was almost exactly 2 years ago, with 0.0.9b. A side by side comparison between combat feel of v1.2 versus v0.0.9b would reveal some very stark changes.

That said, I've found a new hobby: skeet-shooting stormtroopers x)

The form vid is nice as well, though I guess the only thing that I don't like is that the viewing angle is fixed on one spot all the time. Some different camera angles might've been a bit nicer. But yah, it's not bad, especially considering that people keep saying that you're about to leave lol.

Must plaaaay nooooooww....

Cannot waaait to get rid of ancient 1.2-beta filessssss.........

Hisssss

Noes, if I was compiling screenshots the quality wouldn't be as poor. Plus I didn't have time to muck with camera angles. For one thing, Pugmod/Redslush etc. doesn't like OJP very much, forcing me to work with what little's available to me. So you're stuck with a half-assed view unfortunately.

Maybe someone should make a user-friendly OJP camera system for easier demo recording/choreography *hint hint* ;)

Only problem is that combat is kind of camera dependant (As you probably want to see which direction to parry in.)

Unless you can make a demo of the whole thing, replay it and record whilst observing your own game.

I think basejka had this function, not entirely sure though.

Archived