Home

[k1]White Sith Troopers.

Fredi

Well I have being having this problem since I bough the game, but now I really want to fix it … the thing is that everything that is suppose to be silver is turn white … for example the armor of the Sith Troopers … the hilt’s of the lightsabers … some robots and other things … is there is something I can do? … Thanks :D

It sounds like you're having an issue with CM_Baremetal. I would say it's most likely a mod causing your issue. If you have any mods you've installed recently, check for a CM_Baremetal.txi file or a 2DA file. A modder may have accidentally modded something improperly, or you may have a mod conflict causing the problem.

• 7 months later...

I am bringing back this tread since I still have the problem I have not found a solution to it. Can someone please help me.

I am sorry you aren't receiving help but we do not allow 'bumping' threads here, so no more ok? Also if you really wish help from people then you need to provide far more info than what you have, that is the likely reason your thread has gotten no responses. You could at least post your computer specs if this isn't a mod issue, but without any new info your are simply 'bumping' the thread and that is not allowed, sorry. -RH

I got the sam issue once.

I'd bet my left ass cheek your graphics card doesn't support uhm... "shiny" surfaces.

In that case, the troopers, hilts, vibro blades, different types of armour, water in ponds, anything that's reflecting light would be a plain surface without much detail.

Did I get it right?

Ah, probable solution: Get a new card, ner'vod

I've that that problem consistently on one computer - my laptop. This I ascribe to the fact of it having an integrated (therefore awful) graphics card. My old desktop had a separate graphics/video card (probably not the correct terminology, but anyway...), and had none of that problem.

So in short, the problem is, as said, most likely that your graphics card simply cannot deal with the sheens on certain surfaces. Regrettably, I ave not seen anything to correct this.:(

• 3 weeks later...

When I first played KotOR, all of the Sith Troopers where white. When I later added a high end video card, they all turned a silver metal color. It may be all you have is a video card setting that needs to be adjusted to whichever you prefer.

I prefer the white; probably because of the contrast between the (white) Sith troopers and the (silver metal) droids. If you do also, you can run your video card on high and add the following mod to your game. That's what I do.

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/pseudostormtrooper.html

If you prefer the silver metal color, I'd recommend reviewing your video card set up. Some have "post processing" which can be turned on or off. This is where the "shiny" function usually is. Review yours to see if it has any settings. The instructions may be in the documentation that came with your card, they may be in a "read me" file where your driver software loaded, or they may be online at the manufacturer's website. If your card has no adjustable settings, then you may not be able to fix this. My only advice (more like a guess) in that case would be to first reload the driver software (make sure you update it from the manufacturer's website), then reload Knights of the Old Republic.

Archived