Home

Wow, The Incredible Hulk sucked!

Achilles

When compared to other shows of the period, it wasn't too bad. TV just sucked in general back then. :p And Bixby could act and made a credible Banner. I do admit that it could have been far better.

ok no offense to anyone who did not like the new hulk but what is wrong with u do u have no eyes? it was visually stunning and i'll admit that they had no chemistry (norton and tyler) but the rest of the movie was great. a hell of a lot better than that eric bana piece a **** and i can't wait for the avengers movie

i loved it.

i admit i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if i wasn't a fan of edward norton.

can't wait for the DVD, apparently there was about 70 minutes cut from the final release and the director has said he wants to put as much of it on the DVD as possible.

Hey, I was a kid at the time--what do you expect? :lol: [/Quote] Better taste. :D
Bixby actually could be a decent actor if given a good script. It's too bad he died so young, though.
Really liked him in reruns of “My Favorite Martian” and “The Courtship of Eddie’s Father,” but was not crazy about the “Hulk.” As to TV shows of the 70’s I’d rather watch “Mash,” “The Rockford Files,” “The Six Million Dollar Man,” or “The Bionic Woman.” Not the best scripts in those either. Bionic Bigfoot anyone?

I have to go see "The Incredible Hulk" this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it.

The problem seems to be that the movie feels as though it was written by two different writers with two different agendas

If I recall correctly the original writer of the script (one or two people removed from the final) had 2 scenes in the movie...

First:

The falling from the helicopter scene.

Second:

The hotel room scene where his heart monitor goes crazy.

My lack of knowledge in how to use the spoiler tags appropriately well make for poor spacing in my post, my apologies. :(

Anyway...

Also, from what I understand Norton was more concerned about character development than the studio. In fact, there is going to be about 50 minutes worth of extra footage on the DVD (extras or uncut, who knows) where Norton was heavily involved in what happened.

Besides, I'm waiting to see Get Smart.

Good thing Anne Hathaway is in it or it might not be worth seeing...j/k...

i'm looking forward to this one as well. :)

If I recall correctly the original writer of the script (one or two people removed from the final) had 2 scenes in the movie...<snip>
This would tend to suggest that the original writer had a lot more than just those two scenes. I cannot vouch for the source, but since you didn't even provide one in the first place...:D

Also, from what I understand Norton was more concerned about character development than the studio. In fact, there is going to be about 50 minutes worth of extra footage on the DVD (extras or uncut, who knows) where Norton was heavily involved in what happened.
Sweet! It'll be just like I Am Legend where the only version worth seeing is the one that comes out on DVD :(

i'm looking forward to this one as well. :)

You do realize that she isn't nekkid in this one, right? :)

I have heard nothing but crap about this movie...maybe a hulk movie is impossible to make decent....

Pfft, just the thought of an incarnation of Agent Michael Scarn (Albiet not in Threat Level: Midnight) seems AWESOME. Steve Carell is going to tear this movie apart with his awesome.

This would tend to suggest that the original writer had a lot more than just those two scenes. I cannot vouch for the source, but since you didn't even provide one in the first place...:D

Bah...I misread...my bad...actually, I blame Ang Lee for making a sub-par first movie to where you can't even remember that it actually happened, hence my confusion :)

Anyways...here ya go...Sourcey Magoo :)

Sweet! It'll be just like I Am Legend where the only version worth seeing is the one that comes out on DVD :(

Nope, that means that like I Am Legend the only version worth seeing will be the one that comes out on DVD...oh wait...let's agree to agree.

You do realize that she isn't nekkid in this one, right? :)

:confused:

I have heard nothing but crap about this movie...maybe a hulk movie is impossible to make decent....
*shrugs*

They allowed the writer of Frida to do a last minute re-write of a film that was going to be directed by the man that brought us Transporter 2 and Danny the Dog. I don't blame the franchise :D

I haven't seen The Incredible Hulk yet, but it has a pretty high rating on imDb. So everyone doesn't hate it :p apparently.
This is the same mob that votes Gladiator and Pirates of the Carribean into the Top 250 :rolleyes:

Bah...I misread...my bad...actually, I blame Ang Lee for making a sub-par first movie to where you can't even remember that it actually happened, hence my confusion :)
Well, you see there's this guy named Bruce and he gets exposed to gamma radiation and then... :D

Anyways...here ya go...Sourcey Magoo :)
I'm using that and I'm not paying you royalties. Try to stop me.

Nope, that means that like I Am Legend the only version worth seeing will be the one that comes out on DVD...oh wait...let's agree to agree.
I'll think about it.

:confused:
Probably better off renting Havoc and/or Brokeback Mountain.

so its marvel's fault so much was cut out.

its a shame, cause they've set up a sequel, introducing Samuel Sterns (AKA The Leader) and they've set-up a cross-over or avengers movie and it looks like Edward Norton wont want to be involved in either... unless they try and make amends by giving him credit on the DVD and using his cut.

I thought it was standard action movie fare. Deeper than Transformers, but not as awesome as Iron Man.

Next, we have Will Smith In Box Office poison...err I mean Hancock. The Infinite Wall-E awesomeness. The Dark Knight(This will pwn everything else in the entire year) And The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button(Yeah It won't be a smash but its the guy who directed Fight Club,Zodiac,and Se7en) Though Button is a winter release so never mind.

True, how old were you when you saw the show on tv? Cause adults will see the show alot differently than children will. I might find the show just as tacky and bleh as you did now. But when I was a kid, I was glued to the set while it was on.

I think Ed Norton looked quite good as the Hulk... also thought he looked rather sexy with glowing green eyes. hehe

Haha, true. But I wouldn't look at the things I saw as a kid and say "Nothing in the future could ever be as good as this".

I mean, look at Transformers. Thought that was the bomb as a kid. Looking back on it now, it was ridiculous and I would wholeheartedly consider the movie to be a great equal to it. I still love the old one for nostalgia purposes, but it was terribly written and there was just a lot of hilariously bad things about it.

Doesn't make it any less fun to look back on though.

Now, back on the Hulk TV show. In its own way it had charm, but it has charm through, as my friends would say, "nostagia goggles." Its great to look back on and see now and then, but at this point in time you realize how ridiculous and bad it really was.

Can the movie do better than that show? Hell yes it can. Did it? I believe it did.

That sums up my appraisal of the first film to the letter. It was a good movie with great actors and a decent script up until the Hulk sequences. Then it flushed itself down the toilet.

Honestly, what were you all expecting?

This is the Hulk we are talking about. His power amounts to "Hulk Smash."

Were you expecting deep philosophical debates and sensitive subjects to bring you to tears?

Haha, this is the Hulk! If you went to the theater hoping the Hulk wouldn't show up, then why did you go at all? Its like going to see Iron Man and saying "God I hope we don't see that ridiculous suit."

The movie did exactly what it set out to do. I think everybody just had high hopes for a movie that has the depth of "Hulk Smash." Hell, not even the comics were all that deep. The Hulk really only got interesting when he joined the Avengers and World War Hulk happened.

The Infinite Wall-E awesomeness.
You rock. I asked my kids for permission to see the Thursday 12:01 showing without them. They said "yes" :bounce1:

The Dark Knight(This will pwn everything else in the entire year)
As far as non-Pixar summer films, yes, I agree.

And The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button(Yeah It won't be a smash but its the guy who directed Fight Club,Zodiac,and Se7en) Though Button is a winter release so never mind.
Which is awards season. Which means they'll probably be submitting to the Academy for something or another. The previews look amazing. While I very much enjoy Fincher's thrillers it will be interesting to see what he does with fantasy/drama. Hopefully we have another Burton on our hands.

And several Madonna music videos, but we're trying to forgive and forget remember? Focus on the positive and all that. :)

You eternal optimists:xp:

Of course, who could forget The new 'Clone Wars' Movie coming out:confused: I mean... Why? Is he trying to make us suffer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I went to see The Incredible Hulk yesterday. I couldn't wait for the DVD when I saw it was playing at the local $1.99 theatre. I was impressed with it. So, its just one more thing for me to disagree with Achilles on. :xp:

Things I liked:

The special effects

The storyline

The joke about the purple pants that was inserted as an "inside joke" for fans of the comics.

The tie-ins with the original TV series...

***the machine that doses him with gamma

***the wandering from place to place to keep his cover as he searches for a cure

***the eye shots as his metamorphosis occurs (Norton's eyes look a lot like Bill Bixby's)

***Bill Bixby's posthumous cameo by way of an episode of The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

***The original theme song! (of course)

Things I didn't like

Hulk wasn't green enough.

The way the Hulk walked down the stream carrying Betsy Ross....The CG where his feet met the water was really not done very well IMHO.

What happened to Abomination after the fight? Hulk didn't kill him, so what are they doing to contain him?

Archived