Home

OJP 1.3 Roadmap

DarthDie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To reload you now do eg. bind r reload instead of bind r reload.

Rolling anim not working after second time has been fixed.

Absorb has been removed from force list when you scroll through them.

Grip 2 bug whar people float away no longer happenz, thankz to Grevious for teh fix.

And nau cloak makez you invisible unless your moving.

• 6 months later...

You have got to get rid of snipers in ojp 1.3. or make there shots less powerful, It's so annoying how a gunner kills a Jedi in like one shot, that's not what happens in the film. If you did get rid of it I think that would make the game between jedi and gunner more balanced, a gunner can still kill a jedi and a jedi can still kill a gunner, but at the moment they are taking the piss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Also, you can modify the gun stances in 1.3. Make them like disruptor or better said like clone-wars-stances-and-effects modv4. I remember if it was said but the double handguns need correction too (you shoot your enemy and yourself at the same time, the left hand angle is completely wrong). That's all I want, 1.2 is already good for me :)

Already taken care of my good man. :)

I already made gun stances like that for the rifle and a new pistol and dual pistol stances. The fires even have recoil added to them.

I don't know how the duals look in game right now, but if they look bad the team will let me know and I'll fix em.

Here is the thread with pics of what to expect:

http://ojp.squirrel-banter.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=120

Well I had some better leg positions originally and then I discovered that the shooting animation is a upper torso only animation. That means that no matter what I do with the legs they will use the legs animations from Both_stand1 or run/walk1. So I wish I could implement my origianl legs or your suggestion but it wouldn't matter. And I don't think altering the code to support the new legs is worth the work for the coders. Their time is better spent on features and bug fixes.

I shot guns IRL for the military. Well I did shoot guns, I'm out now. But you do want your arms straight when you shoot. If your arms are slack the recoil will be more pronounced and that will mess your aim up. So that's the reason for the straight arms. Hope you don't mind.

You're right, but I've never shot with two guns, hence the "rookieness" lol. But maybe we can change the animations of the guns because baseJKA animations for ranged weapons really is stupid. As for the one handed pistol, can you tweak that ?

Edit: The clone rifle is a little bit nasty too. In BF2, it's quite a strong weapon (an award, to be precise), here in OJP, it loses it's glamor. Maybe you should lower the rate of fire, and make the damage a little bit higher.

As for Co-Op. I love the idea, but it's quite buggy. Here and there, some things do not work and the map always restarts. If it's easy, can you make such that it continues the story (I have no skill or experience in modding, so I don't know if it's hard or not, just giving suggestions.) The cutscenes are a pain in the posterior too, but I understand why, it's way too hard to mod them.

What one handed pistol are you talking about? The default one? OJP is going to use a new two handed pistol grip I made for the pistol. Here it is in action:

If you have an idea on what a 1handed pistol animation could be like describe it for me, or better yet head over to the new forums and post a thread so the whole team can think it over.

http://www.ojp.squirrel-banter.co.uk/board

Ok, this the idea. Katanamaru, you said that the shooting animation stays the same right? I downloaded Hirmans animations long time agoand if I remember right, I saw that whenever I was shooting, the legs had the same position as the saber stance (most likely Shii-cho) and the disruptor stance for the upper part of the body. I only removed it because the saber stances and moves were quite buggy.

I'll check on the stance and edit the post if I was right or not.

I was wrong, the legstance stays the same.. too bad

• 6 months later...

That is a neat idea. It would really be good if we had a cover mechanic in the mod.

Unfortunetly OJP/JKE is on indefinite hold for now. The team wants to move onto other projects at the moment that aren't JA related.

The original idea for OJP was to be a source of premade functions and mods that would be "open" for anybody's use in their JA mods. Since then the team started putting all those ideas together into an actual mod.

So instead of thinking of this as a 'closing of the mod' think of it as going back to its main purpose.

As such I'm thinking of putting all my animations together along with some tweaks for a sp mod. This way people can play with the animations I spent time making.

There is a 1.3 beta around somewhere. Try google and if not I'll ask the other team members about posting it somewhere public.

Right now there isn't any plan to go back to working on it. The files are available for anybody to pick up and use in any mod they want. So if somebody did want to pick it up they could.

Archived