Home

Revan Request

Chevron 7 locke

Well after about 3 months of attempted modding and editing...i have discovered i have no modding skills at all. so i'm making a request.

I need someone to make revan's robes lightisde instead of dark side. or in simplier terms make the dark side robes able to be worn by a light side player.

Thanks a bunch in advance hopefully

Also if anyone could make a seperate model with out the hood that would be great too

Well after about 3 months of attempted modding and editing...i have discovered i have no modding skills at all. so i'm making a request.

I need someone to make revan's robes lightisde instead of dark side. or in simplier terms make the dark side robes able to be worn by a light side player.

Thanks a bunch in advance hopefully

Also if anyone could make a seperate model with out the hood that would be great too

I'm pretty sure that you can use this with KOTOR Tool and no downloaded mods. The only problem is that I don't know what is the code for the item (like g_a_clothes01). I know that this mod has been accomplished, but I'm just wondering because I want to also do this, but by myself.

Unless Revan's robes are a mod and aren't in the game.

I'm pretty sure that you can use this with KOTOR Tool and no downloaded mods. The only problem is that I don't know what is the code for the item (like g_a_clothes01). I know that this mod has been accomplished, but I'm just wondering because I want to also do this, but by myself.

Unless Revan's robes are a mod and aren't in the game.

I did this for him. It's g_a_mstrrobe06, I believe. I just removed the alignment restriction.

well i have the brotherhood of shadow mod installed and i found out that none of the changes seem to take effect except for the removal of the aligment restriction (thank Enderwiggin!) so can i dont know can someone fix this?

Are you telling me that you had a mod that already affected the Revan's Robes item? That's the reason. The one I sent you was just the stock one from the game. If you overwrote one then all those BoS effects were deleted.

_EW_

Okay...something here just isnt working. i put the modified file in and now the hood doesnt show up...i'm trying to get this robe with the hood, light sided and no cape.

Sorry for any confusion

I'm using Kristy Kistic's K1 revan without cape so the force powers don't come out of the feet

Let me get this straight. So you downloaded EW's mod for it to be lightside. You put it in override, and there was already a file there. You replaced the file, and you tried it out. All of the previous effects are missing except for lightside.

I don't know about the hood thing you are talking about, but to explain what happened to the robe: the file that was in the folder before had certain effects. When you replaced with the new file, it completely replaced all those old ones. This is known as mod incompatibility.

Could you please explain your hood situation?

nothing was overwritten when i downleaded EW's mod. but there was no hood to frame the mask when i put it on

That's because Kristy's mod is a completely different item. The one I sent you was the one from the Star Forge, not the cutscene one.

You didn't tell me you wanted me to edit Kristy's mod, you just said you wanted the alignment restriction to come off of Revan's Robes.

_EW_

Just an FYI. My mod contains model files only so there is no uti to edit.

If you want to wear the masked Revan's Robes, you can use the uti that EW gave you - just add a disguise property that points to the Revan appearance.

If you want to wear the unmasked Revan's Robes, you will need to make changes to your appearance.2da. At least this is the most common way. Alternately you could rename the model files to match the modelj column of the appearance.2da.

Ok can someone edit her model with her permission and release it as a private mod not to be released publicly

Actually, her mod just fixes the force power stuff. For the actual robes, you may download it from filefront, or search it here (also, you can do what Kristy suggested, but I'm guessing that none of that made sense for you). Then, go to Kotor Tool and go to file->Open GFF Files. Select the revan robe from your Override folder (or if it isn't in Override for some reason, select the file from the different folder), and select open. This brings up a new window that shows a bunch of tabs. Go to Properties, and double click on the box next to the row. It should be self-explanatory from here, but tell me if there is more trouble.

Actually, her mod just fixes the force power stuff. For the actual robes, you may download it from filefront, or search it here (also, you can do what Kristy suggested, but I'm guessing that none of that made sense for you). Then, go to Kotor Tool and go to file->Open GFF Files. Select the revan robe from your Override folder (or if it isn't in Override for some reason, select the file from the different folder), and select open. This brings up a new window that shows a bunch of tabs. Go to Properties, and double click on the box next to the row. It should be self-explanatory from here, but tell me if there is more trouble.

That won't help him; it's what I've already done.

_EW_

He said he wanted a hooded Revan robe. Or did you already send him that too?

I didn't read what you wrote clearly, sorry. But it doesn't matter... look what Kristy wrote:

Just an FYI. My mod contains model files only so there is no uti to edit.

He can't do what you said.

I'm going to look at it today for him; yesterday was a bit busy, if you know what I mean.

_EW_

Archived