Home

Anyone else here play an instrument?

Bass guitar player, over 20 years experience. Metal.

Can play clarinet, saxophone, keyboards and guitar with various levels of competence.

Did the whole Indie band thing in the early 90's. Recorded a couple of CDs, played lots of gigs, watched Vancouver's live music scene shrivel up and die, eventually fell out of the music circles and settled down (so to speak). Had to sell most of my gear years ago to pay rent. :cry8:

Main gig gear in my prime:

Ibanez SG-400 tuned A-440

Ibanez Iceman tuned drop C#

Hartke 3500 mosfet head unit

Trace Elliot 4x10 cab

Warwick 2x15 cab

Bass Wah pedal

BlueTube distortion pedal

Only have the first guitar and a small practice amp now. Still play sometimes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeellllll......

Here I go, I sort of see myself as a Musical Maestro ;D

(Kidding btw :p)

I Play guitar, piano, drums, bass guitar, saxophone, violin, harp, banjo (;D), flute and the SPOONS! No kidding, i can actually play the spoons properly :p

I'm in love with my guitars the most.

I have 4 ;]

Les Paul Standard Premium Plus

Gibson True Vintage Hummingbird

Gibson SJ-200

Taylor 414ce

;]

I'm a drummer, a guitarist and I play some bass and vocals on the side.

I have DW Pacific CX series drum kit, with Sabien cymbals (switching to Paiste ASAP)

I have a Fender Strat, looks almost exactly like Hendrix's guitar, I also have a Ibanez acoustic, and a fender 12-string acoustic guitar. And I forget what kind of bass I have... hahaha.

• 1 month later...

I'm just curious: does anyone else here play the harmonica? I'm self-taught; I first started playing when I was a little girl, around nine or ten. I've gone through different harps over the years: A, C, G and chromatic G.

I also have an acoustic guitar and a violin, but I have no idea how to use them and they're just sitting around gathering dust.

Hmmm.... I've been playing a Concert Pitch Euphonium for... five years now, took a year and a half of piano, and I'm trying to teach myself to play the guitar. Yeah, my parents aren't the happiest about that little project!

Other than that, nothing, except for a half year of viola about six years ago! (I can't remember anything about it now.)

One thing that gets me about people who are able to play the piano though, how in the nine levels are you able to move your hands independently at the same time!!! I've never been able to get that down properly....

And, yes, it frustrates me to this day, especially when I get delusional enough to trying pounding out anything on our piano. My sister usually runs in telling me to stop after a minute or two. That and reading Treble Clef... Bass just makes that much more sense to me.

Mostly just guitar - both the electric and acoustic variety. Love me tricked-out Epiphone Les Paul Classic. If anyone wants to get an extremely kickass clean sound, almost like a Fender, out of their mahogany guitar, put in a Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell in the neck position with a coil split. Pure clean.

I can actually play the guitar decently, too - most pop songs are easy enough(RHCP, Beatles, Led Zeppelin rhythm, ect). Little band experience and I suck at soloing, though. Might just be my Les Paul, though, as access to the higher frets sucks.

Other than that, a year of piano and an extremely crappy baritone voice. I can include bass guitar and banjo, I guess, as they're similar enough to a guitar.

Archived