Home

[K1] Dantooine Ruins

JediMaster76

Hey everybody. Now, I understand that modeling new areas is generally something you should do yourself if you want to change the appearance of the area, but I phail at modeling. :p Enough of my rambling, here's the request. For K1, I would be grateful if someone could model the inside (only, I don't plan on having the outside of the Enclave be explorable) of Dantooine's Jedi Enclave to look like it's just been bombarded (a la KOTOR 2) and remove things like trees, doors, etc. so the PC could return to the Enclave after its been bombed and at least have the look of a destroyed Enclave. Thanks again!

Hey everybody. Now, I understand that modeling new areas is generally something you should do yourself if you want to change the appearance of the area, but I phail at modeling. :p Enough of my rambling, here's the request. For K1, I would be grateful if someone could model the inside (only, I don't plan on having the outside of the Enclave be explorable) of Dantooine's Jedi Enclave to look like it's just been bombarded (a la KOTOR 2) and remove things like trees, doors, etc. so the PC could return to the Enclave after its been bombed and at least have the look of a destroyed Enclave. Thanks again!

It would be better if there was a given story because not many people would go to a planet just to look at a destroyed Enclave. Another problem is that you can't land on a destroyed building.

"Oh no! I realised that I left my favorite pair of socks in the room!"

"I told you not to unpack your stuff when we were there. I just knew you were going to forget something. Just forget about them, they're only socks."

"But...but...they're my favorite pair."

"You want us to go back to a planet that's just been ravaged by an orbital bombardment just to get you a pair of socks?"

"Uh, yeah."

"What kind of socks were they?"

"'My First Pony' limited collector edition."

"Alright, we're going."

Good enough?

On a more serious note; you could make it a DS/LS choice. The DS would be to leave the planet and all its survivors to die, but the LS choice would be to go down there and help out, maybe even establish some kind of order. That kind of thing.

Well, in my mod, you can return to Dantooine with a team of Jedi and attempt to rid the Enclave of the Dark Jedi.

*Edit - Ah, Randydg did something like this? Maybe I'll ask him.

He did do something of the sort, but at that time we couldn't retexture areas. (It was like 2004 :lol:)

But he's said that he doesn't have a copy of it anymore. I used to have one... but I don't even know if I have it either.

_EW_

Don't worry, that comes with time and practice. ;)

No one's good when they start out. :D

_EW_

Too true. I asked the stupidest questions when I began modding.

Hi, how do you place an npc?

How do you reskin?

Much of this stuff you learn by doing.

@topic: I'd love to see this done, and I would have done it at first glance. Tragically I busy with three other mods. :(

No, as far as I know there is no cut content for Dantooine post bombardment. The screen shot(s) Dan provided suggest that there have been some (rough?) ideas though (although the background doesn't look very ruinous).

Nevertheless I am very interested to do this mod if any steps are taken in that direction. But:

- We'd need a new (re)skinned Dantooine.

- Maybe the landing/daparting could stay the same. It is a long time that I played both games, and I don't know how those scenes differ between K1 and K2.

- There are no voice overs for the party NPCs.

- Some scripting must be done to make Dantooine reappeare and the Ebon Hawk must land in the "proper" module.

- Some interesting quests must be done to make the visit worthwile.

To be honest the amount of work gets the dimension of *cough* Sleheyron...

I was sure that it was under the cut content? Maybe I was wrong, I'll have to double check it.

I'm pretty sure it was never an option to go back to Dantooine after bombardment. ;)

I think that if this mod were to be done, you could also maybe help some Jedi get off-planet? As we know, both Masters Vandar and Vrook got off the planet somehow.

I think that if this mod were to be done, you could also maybe help some Jedi get off-planet? As we know, both Masters Vandar and Vrook got off the planet somehow.

That is an interesting idea. But as we don't have voice overs, its not a good idea to use established NPCs.

- We'd need a new (re)skinned Dantooine.

- Maybe the landing/daparting could stay the same. It is a long time that I played both games, and I don't know how those scenes differ between K1 and K2.

- There are no voice overs for the party NPCs.

- Some scripting must be done to make Dantooine reappeare and the Ebon Hawk must land in the "proper" module.

- Some interesting quests must be done to make the visit worthwile.

You could keep the same modules, but you'd definitely need some major reskinning at the very least, and probably some re-moddelling of several of the areas. Like the whole Jedi Enclave would have to be mostly destroyed.

Archived