Home

My 0.1.2 Overview

A sigh of relief that we finally have it, some things to note that the "Sticky: Get OJP Here!" thread needs to be updated with the link for 0.1.2.. as well as Maxstates sig.

Now lets begin. Before i jump for joy and fly in the mods beauty lets starts with a few initial disappointments. To my dismay the docs folder hasn't been updated, since version 0.1.1 :( ow well, if anyone has version 0.1.2 make sure to read the latest revision of the guide here.... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169198

Less ammo. Now this I don't like IMHO. I was hoping it would be more like KOTOR in which you never run out of ammo. in the movie we never see anyone run out of ammo ever, the battery packs are meant to last many years. we never see anyone reloading cause theres no need to reload a battery pack that never runs out. As a game implement its ok but it really isn't Starwars. And the ammo counts are buggy, sometimes displays the right ammo sometimes not. also reloading is very buggy specially with the rocket launcher in that you don't know exactly when it finishes reloading, and it slows you down even if you change weapons while reloading it.

I've also been wondering why gunnery skills don't give you any Dodge points. For the sake if simplicity why doesn't everyone have 100 dodge points. This seems to nerf Mercenary characters unnecessarily.

The Dual pistols... holding them your hands are demented though i'm sure alot of work is put into making them look right. I think perhaps Dual Pistols should be as a upgrade instead of gotten at level 3.

Backhand attack is useless, i prefer the back kick.

Now for what we've all been waiting for the mod and its improvements, I've read the readme, it doesn't list everything. So i'll do my best to mention everything.

The first thing i noticed was Force Protect and Dark Rage. Just when you think the mod could get better.. it does. Badly in need of more force powers and our wish comes true. This adds alot more depth to combat and makes force a much better thing to specialize in. even though force protect was not seen in the movies it is a worthy addition. Dark Rage is very reasonable, to use your anger in combat is very important for any dark side lightsaber user. (the only missing force powers are Heal, Drain, Energies, heal other.)

Higher levels of force sense increases your maximum Force points by 15. This makes it a must have instead of useless.

All force powers have 3 levels now, and have been rebalanced. The only 2 level skills is Bacta and Det pack.

Lightning level 1 now works, excellent.

Grip is awesome, flinging players around FTW it's very Count Dooku. :D

Saber throw is no longer useless. level 3 saber throw is incredible, in which not only does the saber come back but you can keep it spinning for ages until you let go of the button. :xp:

Lightsaber styles... wow, 8 points, this is quite a change from 1 point (shi cho still remains 1 point). This means that there really is choice. Before lightsaber styles where all taken at once, now we really can distinguish which player uses what style. This here breathes variety into the game. Though the perks for styles are alot more noticable, which justifies the skill cost. Lightsaber defend to me should be incorporated into the styles instead of separate skill IMO. Perhaps we could cover all the light saber styles in detail in the OJP enhanced saber manual.

The new special effects are amazing and a very noticeable edition. along with the nice graphics for the clone rifle and T-21. Thermal detonator WOW what a big explosion :D.

Better distinguished E-11 blaster and Bowcaster. E-11 fires rapidly through all levels, Bowcaster doesn't anymore however at level 3 it gains a charge attack on its primary fire, and a scope on the secondary fire. Strangely enough the gun fires when going into scope... a bug?

The bug with the Disruptor has been fixed. Which when tapping the fire button in scope could kill anyone with only 1 ammo per shot. This has been changed and all damage depends on amount of ammo charged into the shot.

Light weapons and heavy weapon are categorized in the weapon selection menu. Perhaps a In game OJP manual could help reiterate the difference between heavy and light weapons so noobs understand the difference.

T-21 seems to have been very different, its not really a shotgun in that it doesn't shoot alot pershot, instead it fires as fast as you can click the mouse though very inaccurate. At level 3 the secondary attack fires the weapon as fast as it can and you only need to hold the button down.

While Cloaked holstered weapons are no longer visible HURRAY!!! bots can still see you though :(

Force powers VS gunnery restriction. If you get force seeing then level 3 gunnery skills cannot be gotten (along with the upgrades). If you put way to much into jedi skills then level 2 gunnery skills cannot be gotten. This nerfs jedi/mercenary characters because they prove to be to powerful otherwise. (along with the fact that carrying Heavy weapons means you cannot use force absorb). jetpack/force jump restriction is also a addition. force jump level 1 is alot better now in terms of control. how ever it doesn't make you fly as high as before thank god. jetpack has alot more control and seems more realistic in flight, I was hoping its sound effects would be taken from the starwars movies. Because its current sound effect is the sound of a fire place... :lol:

The mod has grown and the 0.1.1 was a start of something really great, though this version does have a little to much bugs for comfort, it does however make heaps of improvements that add variety and depth. And theres probably tons of changes i missed, The mod begun to shine not to long ago, now its beauty few see but admire. The game is more sleek than before, and some of the menu problems in 0.1.1 has been fixed, along with the Quick parry control, so there aren't any hassles or confusion there.

Keep up the good work OJP team, and god bless the retired coder Razorace who if it not for him the mod would not exist.

Now if you excuse me im going to go duel. :lsduel:

Thanks for reviewing, bro. And thanks for the heads up - I'll change my sig as soon as I'm home.

A sigh of relief that we finally have it, some things to note that the "Sticky: Get OJP Here!" thread needs to be updated with the link for 0.1.2.. as well as Maxstates sig.

Now lets begin. Before i jump for joy and fly in the mods beauty lets starts with a few initial disappointments. To my dismay the docs folder hasn't been updated, since version 0.1.1 :( ow well, if anyone has version 0.1.2 make sure to read the latest revision of the guide here.... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169198

Documentation was added in the form of a new OJP_readme, theDestroyer has made a new ingame-manual and there are like 3 sites where the manual is hosted. Unless you're a pr0-1337 m0dd3r I don't think there's any rush for the documentation to be upgraded yet. Besides, we're planning tot put all of the documentation on handy wikipages soon.

Less ammo. Now this I don't like IMHO. I was hoping it would be more like KOTOR in which you never run out of ammo. in the movie we never see anyone run out of ammo ever, the battery packs are meant to last many years. we never see anyone reloading cause theres no need to reload a battery pack that never runs out. As a game implement its ok but it really isn't Starwars. And the ammo counts are buggy, sometimes displays the right ammo sometimes not. also reloading is very buggy specially with the rocket launcher in that you don't know exactly when it finishes reloading, and it slows you down even if you change weapons while reloading it.

You can look up any star wars weapon and it'll tell you that they do indeed have ammo packs that need changing. Every star wars game has had this and every star wars game will have this. The T-21, if I'm not mistaken, has the capacity for 30 shots ONLY unless you carry a 20 kilo backpack on your ass the entire time. KOTOR doesn't have ammo because it's an RPG game. That's like asking why JKA doesn't have round-based combat.

I agree that we need to re-evaluate the ammo sizes and make reloading work a little better though. Reloading can get you stuck in the animation often, happens with the rocket launcher a lot.

I've also been wondering why gunnery skills don't give you any Dodge points. For the sake if simplicity why doesn't everyone have 100 dodge points. This seems to nerf Mercenary characters unnecessarily.

Because they don't need it nor use it. Unlike a jedi, who has to pay attention to 4 bars - mishap, FP, DP and HP - and has to pay attention to when he can attack, use his force powers etc. , gunners only have to pay attention to HP and mishap. Gunners don't have to deflect shots or saber duel. Trust me when I say that mercenary characters (gunners) have all-but drawn the short straw on this one.

As to question number 2: because changing the amount of DP you start with would require us to take on a different approach to how damage is currently calculated. Since, if you think about it, we'd have to calibrate the damages to change according to a person's level of DP, instead of just having to change his DP amount.

The Dual pistols... holding them your hands are demented though i'm sure alot of work is put into making them look right. I think perhaps Dual Pistols should be as a upgrade instead of gotten at level 3.

Backhand attack is useless, i prefer the back kick.

You mean to say that the way you're holding the pistol is a bit weird? This is true, and we will try to take care of this problem. More upgrades and skills will be added as OJP progresses.

The backhand 'slap' was supposed to get a big buff to its range as to make it more useful, I guess this slipped our minds.

Now for what we've all been waiting for the mod and its improvements, I've read the readme, it doesn't list everything. So i'll do my best to mention everything.

This is partly to blame on the turbulent weeks we've all had during V1.2's progress. I assure you that we will improve in the future.

The first thing i noticed was Force Protect and Dark Rage. Just when you think the mod could get better.. it does. Badly in need of more force powers and our wish comes true. This adds alot more depth to combat and makes force a much better thing to specialize in. even though force protect was not seen in the movies it is a worthy addition. Dark Rage is very reasonable, to use your anger in combat is very important for any dark side lightsaber user. (the only missing force powers are Heal, Drain, Energies, heal other.)

I was, and still am against these powers being added. I've told Darthdie a gajillion times to take them out but it never happened, so I assume that there was a lot of resistance from the American side of the feature thinktank.

My reason for leaving these powers out, is that we will be in the position to create far newer, better powers with better effects and proper gameplay value by using the code and slots available from the existing powers. In simple terms, we could've reworked dark rage into something much like Force speed, giving the user a quick burst of extra power. Or we could've taken a complete different route and used its slot for creating a Force Push Wave power that'd push people around you in a 360 degree radius.

The addition of these powers is practically useless, as the novelty of using them will wear off within a few days. The players attracted by the powers will lose interest because their [the powers'] wow!-factor is high, but their staying power is abysmally low.

You have to understand that it's easier just to use an existing part of code, slot, function and whatever than it is to create a brand new one from scratch. :(

Force Sense power higher levels increase your Force capabilities by a 25% magnitude, in turn allowing you to make use of your Force powers longer. This makes it a must instead of a option.

?????

All force powers have 3 levels now, and have been rebalanced. The only 2 level skills is Bacta and Det pack.

True that. Don't worry, we gots plans.

Lightning level 1 now works, excellent.

;d

Grip is awesome, flinging players around FTW it's very Count Dooku. :D

Try gripping someone, damaging them by flinging your saber, juggling them with lightning then finally pushing them into someone else and killing them both :chinaman:

Saber throw is no longer useless. (you'll see why) ;)

So what's the community's impression on the current saberthrow?

Lightsaber styles... wow, 8 points, this is quite a change from 1 point (shi cho still remains 1 point). this means that there really is choice. Before lightsaber styles where all taken at once, now we really can distinguish which player uses what style. this here breathes variety into the game. Lightsaber defend to me should be incorporated into the styles instead of separate skill IMO. Perhaps we could cover all the light saber styles in detail in the OJP enhanced saber manual.

My internship is drawing towards completion and I'll be a free man in about 3 days from now. Taking, also, the Saturday off will allow me to concentrate on making OJP even better for you guys. We've got a lot of ideas piled up for V1.3 and later versions, one of these ideas is to make the graphics of the game slightly better. Graphics, as in textures and lighting effects, but also the menu-related graphics that are used to display skills and items.

One of the ideas I have is to make a template in photoshop, that looks kind of like a three-bar HUD. Horizontal gauge bars and everything. At the top of this little template could stand the name of the Form in question, and below it, the gauges would inform the player on the perks and cons of the specific form.

The point costs are for good reason; ALL of the saber forms have perks that are literally mind-blowing (lol boom) if used in the right situations. Ataru has a 3x damage multiplier for ****'s sake. This makes it one of the most dangerously fun styles you can adhere too. Just yesterday I was running around with speed 3, jumping and slashing like a lunatic. No matter what you hit - they WILL feel it. Juyo's power attacks are lightning-fast, powerful and do mishap damage if unparried. The efficiency of your repertoire of Force powers doubles as soon as you get your opponent to half mishap - which is approximately the moment where they'll become susceptible to your powers if you're using Juyo.

Makashi has the potential to disarm your opponent with about 4 to 5 strikes if you're good at it. Djem-So will drain your opponent's FP whenever he fails to parry. And so on, and so on.

You get what you pay for.

The new special effects are amazing and a very noticeable edition. along with the nice graphics for the clone rifle and T-21. Thermal detonator WOW what a big explosion :D.

They could still use some minor re-working here and there. Knowing myself though, they'll probably be very different in V1.3.

Better distinguished E-11 blaster and Bowcaster. E-11 fires rapidly through all levels, Bowcaster doesn't anymore however at level 3 it gains a charge attack on its primary fire, and a scope on the secondary fire. Strangely enough the gun fires when going into scope... a bug?

Yeah I noticed this too. I bet it doesn't happen to DarthDie.

The bug with the Disruptor has been fixed. Which when tapping the fire button in scope could kill anyone with only 1 ammo per shot. This has been changed and all damage depends on amount of ammo charged into the shot.

We'll release a patch for this on the forums soon. For now I guess you can just disable disruptor or learn how to use your Force powers - it's a heavy weapon.

Light weapons and heavy weapon are categorized in the weapon selection menu. Perhaps a In game OJP manual could help reiterate the difference between heavy and light weapons so noobs understand the difference.

Yeah

T-21 seems to have been very different, its not really a shotgun in that it doesn't shoot alot pershot, instead it fires as fast as you can click the mouse though very inaccurate. At level 3 the secondary attack fires the weapon as fast as it can and you only need to hold the button down.

It needs some re-adjusting though.

While Cloaked holstered weapons are no longer visible HURRAY!!! bots can still see you though :(

Force powers VS gunnery restriction. If you get force seeing then level 3 gunnery skills cannot be gotten (along with the upgrades). If you put way to much into jedi skills then level 2 gunnery skills cannot be gotten. This nerfs jedi/mercenary characters because they prove to be to powerful otherwise. (along with the fact that carrying Heavy weapons means you cannot use force absorb). jetpack/force jump restriction is also a addition. force jump level 1 is alot better now in terms of control. how ever it doesn't make you fly as high as before thank god. jetpack has alot more control and seems more realistic in flight, I was hoping its sound effects would be taken from the starwars movies. Because its current sound effect is the sound of a fire place... :lol:

Haven't worked on sound effects for a while. Should be able to whip something up soon.

The mod has grown and the 0.1.1 was a start of something really great, though this version does have a little to much bugs for comfort, it does however make heaps of improvements that add variety and depth. And theres probably tons of changes i missed, The mod begun to shine not to long ago, now its beauty few see but admire. The game is more sleek than before, and some of the menu problems in 0.1.1 has been fixed, along with the Quick parry control, so there aren't any hassles or confusion there.

I'm just so excited about having like 600 downloads so far. That's more than in the last 2 years!

Keep up the good work OJP team, and god bless the retired coder Razorace who if it not for him the mod would not exist.

Now if you excuse me im going to go duel. :lsduel:

oh shi-

Saber throw is no longer useless. level 3 saber throw is incredible, in which not only does the saber come back but you can keep it spinning for ages until you let go of the button. :xp:

Higher levels of force sense increases your maximum Force points by 15. This makes it a must have instead of useless.

perhaps Dark Rage and Protection aren't necessary, and I understand that their novelty wares off but I still like it none the less, more choice = more variety = happy players :D

The point costs are for good reason; ALL of the saber forms have perks that are literally mind-blowing (lol boom) if used in the right situations. Ataru has a 3x damage multiplier for ****'s sake. This makes it one of the most dangerously fun styles you can adhere too. Just yesterday I was running around with speed 3, jumping and slashing like a lunatic. No matter what you hit - they WILL feel it. Juyo's power attacks are lightning-fast, powerful and do mishap damage if unparried. The efficiency of your repertoire of Force powers doubles as soon as you get your opponent to half mishap - which is approximately the moment where they'll become susceptible to your powers if you're using Juyo.

Makashi has the potential to disarm your opponent with about 4 to 5 strikes if you're good at it. Djem-So will drain your opponent's FP whenever he fails to parry. And so on, and so on.

You get what you pay for.

thanks for telling me otherwise i would be clueless... i was wondering why i disarmed someone so easily with makashi LOL :p

So far I've had fun with this mod. The saber combat is amazing, but (as a merc) I'm having issues with the jetpack.

If you hold down jump, the jetpack turns on, but (unless you don't jump off a cliff or something) you end up hitting the ground before you actually begin flying (and you just waste fuel).

That really isn't helping me fly to/from anything.

UltimateWeapons... Just make a search for it on JK3Files, install the main mod+DC-15A replacement in the OJP folder and make some name changes of the Flechette files in UW.

I'll soon post a thread of 'joining forces with OJP', as I'm the creator of UltimateWeapons, and I want to join developing OJP.

UltimateWeapons... Just make a search for it on JK3Files, install the main mod+DC-15A replacement in the OJP folder and make some name changes of the Flechette files in UW.

I'll soon post a thread of 'joining forces with OJP', as I'm the creator of UltimateWeapons, and I want to join developing OJP.

Your effects RULE dude. Though the smoke effects can slow fps quite a bit since they linger a bit, everything is beautifully done. I think most of us would be honored to have you work with us.

Archived