Home

JA Models

Stevo712

This is my first post being new to the community so first of all hello everyone.:)

I was wondering if there is a way to change a single players model without changing every players model.

Lets say a player is using a model that has annoying taunts or is unappealing to the eye. I would like to be able to change the model of this player without having to use cg_forcemodel 1 on the entire server.

I know this is possible but I'm not sure how it can be done. I have talked with someone who suggested modifying the configstring but he wasn't sure how it should be done.

I have looked through the sdk and have been unable to identify the particular line that retrieves the modelName from the client.

trap_GetUserinfo( clientNum, userinfo, sizeof(userinfo) );
modelname = Info_ValueForKey (userinfo, "model");
SetupGameGhoul2Model(ent, modelname, NULL);

This is the closest I believe I have come to finding the line that I can use to change the model, but I'm not sure if this is what i need or not.

I was think I might be able to trap_SetUserinfo with the model I want.

If anyone could share there idea's any help is appreciated.

Hey :),

Yes that is what im trying to do is make it so I can change a single clients model without setting everyones model to the default.

I am aware it can be done server wide with "cg_forcemodel" but there are models I like seeing and others I don't.

But thanks for the attempt anyway. :xp:

Archived