Home

Anyone played Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II recently?

I installed this last night, because I remember liking this game a lot in the past and I wanted to play it again. My thoughts on the game in 2008 are below.

I've just finished playing the light side version of this game, without cheating (well, except for the health/armour cheat) and despite the fact the game sometimes crashes after saving and the live action cutscenes have black pixels on them, it's still a great game after all these years. Why?

- Storyline: Brilliant. Certainly put a lot more effort than the two sequels.

- Graphics: Not as good as the next two games, but at least it isn't off-putting like Dark Forces (I still can't play that, because the graphics for that game gave me a headache).

- Levels: Each of them get better with each playthrough.

- Villians: A lot more interesting than Desann, Tavion or the Disciples of Ragnos, that's for sure. Jerec scared me (okay, I was seven or eight when I first played the game) and each of the Dark Jedi were great characters. I remember liking Yun and Sariss a lot.

So has anyone else played this recently? I'm tempted to play the dark side again (I used to think the ending for that was quite good) and of course, play Mysteries of the Sith.

DF2 was actually what got me really into starwars

I want to play it again so bad, but I'm redoing my computer in the next day or two so i don't want to install it just to beat the first level.

I love that the cutscenes are actual movies/actors instead of completely digital too

Thats odd, i get that black pixels problem too.

- Graphics: Not as good as the next two games, but at least it isn't off-putting like Dark Forces (I still can't play that, because the graphics for that game gave me a headache).

Go to Nar Shaddaa, look into the sky and move the view around abit. First and only time I've felt physically sick while playing a game. Still class though, i remember all the crafty hiding places of the npc's and that sneaky gran hiding round the corner after the bar ready to box my face in.

My single almost lifelong question about that game however was why did the gran at the beginning turn into a Tusken.

Gran gets shot in the cutscene, dead tusken on the table. Think that's what he meant. :p

Indeed. I never accepted it as a mistake because it's the first thing you see so they can't say no one testing the game didn't notice it...

Archived