Home

Firefox 3

igyman

Just curious to see how many local Firefox users have switched to Firefox 3.

What are your impressions?

As for my own impression, so far I have no complaints. The final version looks great and works great too. It also has some nice improvements that make working with it easier and though you might think it has little difference compared to Firefox 2, the differences are there.

I'm happy with it; one of my security add ons isn't compatible but hopefully that will be rectified by the maker of it. As always I'm impressed with the ease of installation and the compatibility, No Script, ABP blocker and Geotool, all automatically installed and ready to use :)

If only Microsoft made software this good; ah well at least its free :)

For those who use it, their is an update of SpywareBlaster out now as well...

I quite like it, although a decent number of the random addons that I have installed dont work with it, but at least the big ones that I actually use still do. It seems about as fast as 2 with fasterfox, but that could just be my internet fluctuating for some reason.

Downloading it now. :D I wish they would make firefox stuffed animals.

Firefox the lunchbox.

Firefox the flame-thrower.

Firefox Action Figures...

xD

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh......... pretty...

Just installed it. Pretty darn slick. My one complaint so for is that I wish it didn't list your bookmarks in the drop down navigation bar.

Thats easy to remove, click on your bookmarks tab, booknarks toolbar. Right click the offending "bookmark" and click delete. :)

For some unexplained reason, my computer has always conflicted with firefox... It's crashed my computer the two times in the past when I've tried it.. I'm not sure if I trust the new version either... It's probably cool, but my stupid computer just doesn't like it... :(

Thats easy to remove, click on your bookmarks tab, booknarks toolbar. Right click the offending "bookmark" and click delete. :)

Deleting all my bookmarks is not a viable option. :xp: Anyways, here's how you fix it if anyone else is as annoyed by it as I am:

1. In URL box type about:config

2. Find the entry browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped

3. Double click on it so that it is set to true.

Bingo Bango.

Umm... thats not what I said. Ill explain it again... and its easier than that mess you just typed up.

Your toolbar at the top. You have File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help.

You want Bookmarks. Click on that.

You will see the following:

Bookmark this page

Subscribe to this page

Bookmark all tabs

Organize bookmarks

----------------------

Bookmarks Toolbar

----------------------

Click on the Toolbar menu that I bolded there. You will see the navigation bar folder thingy... whatever you want to call it at the top. Right click that and delete it.

The above there does not delete all your bookmarks...

Archived