Home

Lightsaber combat for the Wii

Pie™

The graphics looked pretty cool, this should be a fun one. I'll definitely get it.

Also, since this is one of the titles that a LA employee leaked, it makes me wonder if that makes the rumor of a KotOR 3 / MMO more likely to be true.

It doesn't appear to be 1-to-1 saber control. I bet it's going to be along the lines of:

"<<<Swing Wiimote LEFT to perform action!>>>"

And your jedi automatically does a double forward twirl flip and stabs two sith minions in the face.

Why can't they utilize the wii control tech for some kicking rad for real 1-to-1 control? It's what we're all wanting.

It's probably harder than it seems. But if they would at least have a sort of "clock" motion. Swinging the saber in one direction tranlsates to swinging in the "10 o'clock" position on the screen, or something. Stabbing and thrusting being what they are, too. Still sounds like a step in the right direction, I guess.

It doesn't appear to be 1-to-1 saber control. I bet it's going to be along the lines of:

"<<<Swing Wiimote LEFT to perform action!>>>"

And your jedi automatically does a double forward twirl flip and stabs two sith minions in the face.

Why can't they utilize the wii control tech for some kicking rad for real 1-to-1 control? It's what we're all wanting.

I always figured the feel of that would be lacking, since there will be no resistance from the other saber or objects. Wouldn't it just be kind of flailing the controller around?

Because Wii fails, Rhett. Because Wii fails.

Quoted for emphasis. Nintendo has been sending false promises of a bad ass light saber game for wii ever since before the wii launched. I had one for about a year, and after countless games of fail and boredom I traded the damn thing in. All the controls on the Wii are like Rhett says. Swing it this way slightly left to perform 1-3 functions. They even screwed up Mortal Kombat....which could have been sooooooooo cool if there was a punching motion. But nope, swing it left and right and press A to perform a special move-LAME!

The Wii is the stupidest fly by night gimmick that isn't worth the quart of goat piss it costs to produce. The biggest problem with the Wii is that developers don't know what to do with the gimmicky controls so most of the games fail. Seriously, why bother?

I will hold out for Force Unleashed on the 360 thank you. And in the mean time, I will have Soul Caliber 4 on both 360, AND PS3 to tide me over.

Archived