Home

How good are snipers?

Relenzo2

Snipers suck, they weren't there in the movies.

And online it would be totally wrong man cuz when u have skilled snipers on the server, then fighting is impossible.

Theres only 1 map I can think of where a good sniper can dominate a team of no good snipers and thats Kamino, everywhere else the sniper looses a lot of value.

Theres only 1 map I can think of where a good sniper can dominate a team of no good snipers and thats Kamino, everywhere else the sniper looses a lot of value.

Well maybe you are right, i don't play online though.

But i think that: Utapau, Kashyyyk, Kamino and also Hoth could be very difficult with normal infantry.

Tell me if i am wrong but that is my opinion

In the movies there aren't snipers as well, so show some skill and fight with honour and not from a large distance!!!!!

Eh, what? Shipers suck? They were in the movies dude, mainly the 3rd one, but so what if they weren't there alot? That's a illogical reason to say snipers 'sucks'.

Snipers in the movie????

Dude tell me now!!!!!

I hope u don't want to tell me that you conclude there are snipers in the movie by that scene that a clone ( that looks like the snipers in the game ) says to his commander that they can't find obi wan kenobi and that he couldn't have survived that fall.

Double posting is awesome, man. Keep up the good work and ignore everyone who tells you that there is an edit button for a reason. And if you either had enough time to check that movie scene or watched it enough that you have it memorized, something is wrong. So very wrong...

--------Smoki'n weed everyday-------

Maybe that's it. And you may not have noticed, but most snipers use close-range combat without a reticule, which is hard. On maps like Geonosis, what do you expect?

Ooh, no a sniper! They're cheap! Using a sniper on a map made for snipers is SOOO much worse than using an engineer in Polis Masa or Tantive IV!

Double posting is awesome, man. Keep up the good work and ignore everyone who tells you that there is an edit button for a reason. And if you either had enough time to check that movie scene or watched it enough that you have it memorized, something is wrong. So very wrong...

--------Smoki'n weed everyday-------

Maybe that's it. And you may not have noticed, but most snipers use close-range combat without a reticule, which is hard. On maps like Geonosis, what do you expect?

Ooh, no a sniper! They're cheap! Using a sniper on a map made for snipers is SOOO much worse than using an engineer in Polis Masa or Tantive IV!

Damm man why are u talking to me anyway wiseguy,

Double posting is awesome, yes indeed if i reply to 2 different posts. And the thing where u talk about 'something is wrong. very very wrong'. Plz explain, i don't get it.

And maps aren't made for snipers only, just fight normal with standard inf, and not from a distance, and if u do close combat with sniper, so be it that is ur own stupidity.

why are u talking to me anyway wiseguy?

Forgive me. It is possible to respond to more than one post without double posting.

Off topic again this thread failed from the start anyway, there is no topic to follow.

Relatively true, since it's making a nonexistent game into insane reality.

Former point proven. And, Jawa, I'm aware that my post was both off-topic and pointless (although this whole topic is, for the most part, pointless). The part about "using skill and honor" just pissed me off. Indulge me one last off-topic post in this thread. Unless I have to further defend online snipers.

Sudentor. A sniper is a part of the game. It was intended as a long-range combatant, so there's really no shame in using it from a long distance, any more than there is in a heavy trooper mining a narrow choke point. However, using a sniper at a close distance is not "your own stupidity," it merely requires more skill than using "standard inf." If you'd ever fought Bs|Rogue52 or [GFAQ]Rogue52 and then tried it yourself, then you'd realize that a close-range sniper takes quite a lot of practice and skill...more so than the spray'n'pray capabilities of the "standard inf." In fact, most people that play as snipers tend to use close range, so you don't have much to complain about except on sniper-specialized maps.

Unless, of course (going back on topic), a sniper using [the rapid-fire sniper rifle that has a reticule] included in SWBF3 comes after you. Then you can call them cheap.

Archived