Home

If chancellor palpatine was never a sith would anakin still be on the light path?

Jedil3thal

That really, really depends on your opinion more than facts.

There's always the debate as to whether Palpatine planted the visions of Padme dying, let alone the fact that a lot of people think Palpatine actually created Anakin. I don't really have an opinion on the matter simply because that changes the core of the story, and I don't really know what would happen.

I doubt it. While Anakin was kind δf screwed up in his aversion for adhering to simple rules, I think that if not for Palpatine messing with his brain, the worst thing that could happen to him was he would become a nervous wreck.

I doubt it. While Anakin was kind δf screwed up in his aversion for adhering to simple rules, I think that if not for Palpatine messing with his brain, the worst thing that could happen to him was he would become a nervous wreck.

I agree with this. Without the Sith teaching Anakin how to be a Sith, how could he become a Sith?

In simpler terms, Anakin would just be a jerk. Not an evil jerk, just a plain old jerk.

I don't think that Anakin would've fallen. He had anger issues in Episode 2 that he seemingly got over mostly in Episode 3. He was also a number of years behind in his training, and not as mature as most Jedi his age. If Palpatine had not existed in the first place, Dooku wouldn't have sliced his arm off, and he wouldn't have been so bitter. Anakin's only choice besides Palpatine was to take Yoda's advice and learn to let go. He fought a powerful struggle when Palpatine told him that he could save Padme, and even with all the evil influence, he almost didn't go to the dark side. Overall, yes Anakin had to go to the Dark side, otherwise there would be no Star Wars. :(

• 2 weeks later...
:indif:If chancellor palpatine was never a sith would jedi anakin still be on the light path or would he still have become a sith?:sign2:

Nope it is quite simple really. If Sidious was never a sith then he would never had trained Maul or try and manipulate the galaxy starting in episode one. Actually come to think of it, if Palpatine was never a sith then Anakin would probably not have become jedi and most likely would have remained a slave on tattooine.

• 3 weeks later...

Anakin was already on the path to the darkside. Odds are that he would have not been satisfied to be a jedi and search for more power, less authority. In other words... he was destined to seek out the dark side. Palpatine just made it easier for him.

And when Anakin fell... he deserved everything he got. He chose his fate and did not deserve any sympathy.

Anakin was like the weak prototype version of Luke. Anakin screws over the galaxy because he doesn't want to lose his wife, Luke saves the galaxy because he wants to save his father. Anakin constantly tries to be stronger and "be the most powerful jedi", Luke accepts who he is. Anakin "takes him NOW!", Luke "will not fight you". Anakin is ambitious and gives in to his temptation for power (self-achieved and otherwise), Luke would rather throw himself off Cloud City (Oh wait, he does).

Anakin was a tragic hero to a tee who hadn't the slightest chance of staying in the light, Palpatine just made it happen sooner and made sure the galaxy paid for it when he did fall.

Archived