Home

OJP V1.3 Force Suggestion Thread

Maxstate

Additional idea to my Force TK idea: Instead of having push/pull binds, let's make the 'forcenext' bind 'push' when using TK, and the 'forceprev' bind 'pull'. This would work very good if you use the mouse wheel as Force selection (that's what I do). Rolling the wheel towards you causes affected objects ingame to be pulled towards you, while rolling the wheel away from you does the opposite.

And I still think that Force Choke should work like something similar to Force Stasis at lower ranks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggestion: offical Linux distro :D THE ULTIMATE FORCE POWAH!!111!!!11!

want someone to test? look no further than

<<<<

lol but seriously I'd quite like a stasis type power, as long as it had some kinda effect on the person using it too, so it wasn't OP

I've always believed certain force powers should work a bit differently. I don't plan it from the get-go, but I might end up ranting throughout this post, so bare with me. :D

-Force Jump

I believe Force Jump should follow the original Jedi Knight's system. Rather than jump and keep jumping (almost floating higher), you charge your jump while you're on the ground. The more you charge, the higher you go. Higher levels would allow for quicker charging and higher jumps.

-Force Push/ Pull

As someone mentioned above, this would be better off as a combined ability, "Telekinesis." Hitting the button would send the player into a "hands out" animation where they can select the target(s), and, a separate control scheme would temporarily take over.

Holding primary fire in this mode would be a "grab." Rather than push or pull them around, you simply use your mouse to move them around (grip-style, but with no damage). Holding down secondary fire and then moving your mouse in a direction would cause you to push/ pull/ slide the target in the desired direction. Although it adds a bit of an extra step, it allows for more functionality and requires more thought than just pushing a button, which is good. (I'm pretty sure Jedi had to think about what they were doing :xp:).

-Force Seeing

Not much to do with sense, I guess, but there's a couple of cool features that could be added, I think. Call me crazy, but the feature I want most is a rear-view mirror. If you have Seeing 3, you just sit the "mirror" at the top of the screen and it lets you see behind you. The stuff is being drawn any way, might as well make use of it if you can earn such an ability. ;)

-Mind Trick

Once again, call me crazy, but I'd love to be able to literally take over someone's body for a certain amount of time. You just kinda warp over to the person you're targeting and control them. They could have some mini-game to try to get out of it, for fairness, I suppose.

-Heal

I say just make heal a mini-game, gets easier and more effective the higher level you go.

-Absorb

Absorb against all the powers should require specific timing, Yoda-blocking-lightning-style. If it's held down for several seconds and the player isn't hit by a force ability, the player should automatically start 'sharing' the force with others around.

Dependent upon the effected players' Absorb level, the action player should gain 10 force points per 50 skill points the targets have. If this number goes above 100, it simply stays there until it moves under 100 (it doesn't refresh to this amount, nor does it decay).

-Protect

Alright, there is absolutely no evidence in any Star Wars movie or non-game that protection could logically exist. In my opinion, it should be changed to a more appropriate name and use. Now, I'm not sure of a plausible name, but I'm sure someone would know something.

Essentially, this could reflect a Jedi enhancing his/her concentration during battle. It works similarly to protect, but a tad bit different. Mishap would regen at a higher rate, as would DP, at the cost of Force Points over time. Simple yet effective, in my opinion.

-Drain

Could work essentially the opposite of Absorb; no lightning-style effect, but rather, within a radius, you steal the force of others and put it to your health. Up close and personal, using this ability would trigger the good ol' "Grab and Gank" Drain that steals force by grabbing the target and full-on stealing their force.

I think the other Dark Powers are pretty good- except Rage, but I'm not quite sure what could be done to it.

Anyway, hope I didn't bore you all while you were reading through this. Some of it may be a bit... impossible, but, you never know, so I figured I'd post it anyway. :D

As long as you can still parry and block whilst charging.

Would be hell to try and charge and keep getting pwnt by random blaster shots from mercs.

I think that charge should be possible if Jedi stand without a move. Or maybe we can make a skill - 1 lvl you must stand to charge Force Power, 2 lvl you can run but not attack, 3 lvl you can do everything.

we should make it more of a battle meditation type power. perhaps you attack say 10-15%faster/stronger and take a percentage less damage. almost like a lightside dark rage.

And it should help teammates, that was the point of battle meditation.

Now, I'm not sure of a plausible name, but I'm sure someone would know something.

Maybe just concentration? :D

To be honest, I was thinking of making protect a power that just lets you use your Force points to negate a bit of DP and HP damage, much like base. I don't see why we'd need another Force Rage. I'm planning to change the effects on Force Rage though, since it seems like something any Jedi could use when needed. Take Obi-Wan vs Maul for example. Obi was being pretty emo there.

I don't think we should be changing the push and pull mechanics just yet. We could seperate grip as telekinesis and choke as just the choking power it is now, but to spend so much time coding on a single part of the system would be inefficient. But as I said, we could tweak grip to be a bit more responsive and activate a different control scheme. We were planning to do so for the quickparry button anyway.

If we add heal, I'd like it to be a passive Force power that heals the user x HP per x seconds while meditating. I don't think it should be a seperate, active power. What is your opinion on this guys?

I'm liking the ideas thus far. If we do plan to go where we want to go, battle meditation sounds like a pretty cool in-theme idea.

Well, gunners can use bacta's whilst running as well, no need to stop and apply the bacta canister to their wounds, so I don't see why Jedi's would have to stop to ''focus'' on their wounds to heal them.

Though in the end I don't think it matters *that* much, Passive allows the gunner to get away or try and chase the jedi.(IF you manage to prevent getting shot) Active allows the jedi to keep attacking the gunner. (Which can still get away).

I would prefer active or *fast* passive as when you need to use it it's usually too late to run away without being shot. (With visual cue of course)

(Note how I'm looking at this as pure saber vs. gunner situations, I think Jedi vs Jedi situations will require a lot less healing in comparison, or at least tend to use heals a lot less.)

As of now Jedi's use bacta's found in maps anyway, though very rarely. I've only seen (heard, rather) a few occasions where a Jedi heals mid-battle, as compared to jedi gunnar fights.

So: Active for usefulness.

Passive for.. well... balancedness?

Force Heal change:

Okay, really, is force heal movie like? I mean come on! If "force heal" was canon then Dara, that jedi apprentice from one of the star wars books would have survived the battle she died in. Sorry, not realistic.

The change:

Force heal would become a "passive" ability.

Force Heal LVL 1: Force user heals 1 point of health every 5 seconds, meditating bumps this to 2 points every 5 seconds.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 8.25 minutes w/o meditation.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 4.125 minutes w/ meditation.

Force Heal LVL 2: Force user heals 1 point of health every 4 seconds, meditating bumps this up to 3 points every 5 seconds.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 6.6 minutes w/o meditation.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.75 minutes w/ meditation.

Force Heal LVL 3: Force user heals 1 point of health every 3 seconds, meditating bumps this up to 3 points every 4 seconds.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 4.95 minutes w/o meditation.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.2 minutes w/ meditation.

And to even it out for mercs:

Once applied bacta takes time to work (and only works on wounds taken at the time, a coding nightmare no doubt).

Once applied:

Bacta lvl 1: User is healed 3 points of health every 5 seconds. No meditation allowed :p.

Bacta lvl 2: User is healed 4 points of health every 5 seconds. No meditation allowed.

At lvl 1 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.75 minutes.

At lvl 2 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.06 minutes.

Maybe the Jedi's heal can be turn offable and uses 1 force point per heal rate set (heal rate set is like 1 hp per 5 seconds, that would be 1 force every 5 seconds. 3 hp for 4 seconds would be a set of 4 seconds, 1 force per 4 seconds)

Forgive me for math mistakes, I'm typing this while I have to go. Suggestions to this? Comments?

Yea, healing others would be plausible. Problem: How do you target the person. What happens when someone steps in front of you and the healing goes to that person? If there is the ability to heal others there should be a way to target a person to heal within a certain area. This would be retroactive for lightning and grip. That way you can target the person and then grip will target the person if that person is within 85 degrees of your front. I was role playing as the sith apprentice Bob Irontoad (don't laugh at the name, I got metallic amphibians from a friend :p) and got lightning raped by a dark lord who had lightning 3 (at the peak of the fight there were 3 people with me :p). So, targeting would be nice to pick that one kyle out of all those other kyles and pwn him with targeting lightning and grip. If the target passes out of sight it should break the target lock.

*Targets Dark Lord Dalom and unleashes a bout of lightning* <- Dalom = that sith lord w/ level 3 lightning. He'd be hit unless he moved really fast. Targeting should have a delay of about .8 seconds when the person starts moving or changes direction. Also realistic because you focus on your enemy when fighting and your enemy looks different from your allies 99% of the time.

Force Heal change:

Okay, really, is force heal movie like? I mean come on! If "force heal" was canon then Dara, that jedi apprentice from one of the star wars books would have survived the battle she died in. Sorry, not realistic.

The change:

Force heal would become a "passive" ability.

Force Heal LVL 1: Force user heals 1 point of health every 5 seconds, meditating bumps this to 2 points every 5 seconds.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 8.25 minutes w/o meditation.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 4.125 minutes w/ meditation.

Force Heal LVL 2: Force user heals 1 point of health every 4 seconds, meditating bumps this up to 3 points every 5 seconds.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 6.6 minutes w/o meditation.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.75 minutes w/ meditation.

Force Heal LVL 3: Force user heals 1 point of health every 3 seconds, meditating bumps this up to 3 points every 4 seconds.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 4.95 minutes w/o meditation.

From 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.2 minutes w/ meditation.

And to even it out for mercs:

Once applied bacta takes time to work (and only works on wounds taken at the time, a coding nightmare no doubt).

Once applied:

Bacta lvl 1: User is healed 3 points of health every 5 seconds. No meditation allowed :p.

Bacta lvl 2: User is healed 4 points of health every 5 seconds. No meditation allowed.

At lvl 1 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.75 minutes.

At lvl 2 1 hp to 100 hp takes 2.06 minutes.

The heal suggestion is tops.

as for Force rage, increases saber attack speed and saber damage. if you run into someone it knocks them down.

I reckon force protection, damage goes to force points instead of health.

Remove the medpacks then... I mean' date=' we've discussed buyable shields, bacta canisters and droppable medpacks so why should there be stuff lying around the map?[/quote']

Finally, we can make maps clean. If this idea comes in fruition i will kiss you all :xp:

instead of picking up shields make them buyable for mercenaries :D

That second thing has already been fixed. In 3rd person mode, the gun stance has also been fixed. Don't know about the first person Md3 or why it's all ****ty.

But can you at least use my left handed DL-44 model? And maybe you can have a look at the MBII code, as 'tis working fine there.

Archived