Home

OJP V1.3 Force Suggestion Thread

Maxstate

I can live with all caps :p. Anyway, you can change the gamespeed if you want to. I just forget the command. Ahhh, the days when I could point over to a wall 5 feet away and hit +forward in the consol, go out for lunch and laser tag for 5 hours and come back and be 7/8 of the way there :p. It involved many 0's.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Force Push/Pull

Any level. Increasing returns as points are invested into push, pull, and jump.

Design push so that it's possible to push or pull yourself while airborne.

Why?

• Being thrown over a pit of liquid hot magma doesn't have to be a death sentence. Recoveries like this would be equal parts of badass and awesome. The mental image here is Obi dangling down into the bottomless pit with Maul prancing around above. Right as things look like they can't get any worse Obi launches out of the pit and cuts Maul's **** in half. Maul always looked surprised to me. As if he was thinking Wtf, you can use pull to fly? instead of the more obvious Did my **** just get cut in half?
  • Push could allow you to change direction mid-jump (more so than you can already) or to increase the angle and distance of a long jump. The landing doesn't have to be too rough either if you use push to slow down a deadly velocity.

Why not?

• I'm imagining jedi pushing forward and back Mario-style jumping off their force push. It's too arcade-style-y for Luke and his buds.
  • My Obi correlation might be a bit weak. I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I know it wasn't from anything Star Wars. Not sure how well air acrobatics fit into the mod.

Well, that would be possible with a physics engine. The player would become an object that operates using a "rag doll" effect. The user controls the "skeleton" of the character and the character moves with the skeleton, the character being an object. When airborn the force push/pull powers would have a knock-back opposite of their effect. Pull would propel the player forward and push would slow the character until reversed.

Nah, ragdoll physics aren't required. Just check to see if the player is in the air. If so, then any push/pull done also propels the player as if he were the target of it. An example would be using force push aimed at the ground, which would propel your upward sort of like a jump while in midair.

This would add yet another dimension of combat to the game. I like the idea a lot.

I can live with all caps :p. Anyway, you can change the gamespeed if you want to. I just forget the command. Ahhh, the days when I could point over to a wall 5 feet away and hit +forward in the consol, go out for lunch and laser tag for 5 hours and come back and be 7/8 of the way there :p. It involved many 0's.

Ever tried to set it to a negative value? Nobody can aim properly, not even the NPCs. That's how I did the PotD June 6 2007 on JK3Files. All disruptor shots passed between the legs of the player.:lol:

I like Matta's idea. I also think that you should be able to launch oneself upwards while in-air... That could also be a "sudden-death-from-falling-saver". Maybe launching oneself upwards when in a ledge grab (the Obi reference)...

How about being able to use the force and pick people or things up...like instead of having the game decide which boxes you can push you just push like r and move the mouse around and whatever you were pointing at moves with wherever you look...like in the upcoming game TFU ;)

I think adding full telekinesis to the game would be very, very complicated.

But we can already push and pull powerups. I guess you could expand that to specially-tagged objects, like boxes, etc.

As for being able to force jump out of a pit like Obi-Wan, you just need some code to the effect of "if the player is in midair or ledge-grabbing, and force push/pull used by the player will have the opposite effect on the player." That way, you could just force pull yourself up, which would be sorta like a force jump.

It's not telekinesis or Force Flight (which would be awesome), but it's the easiest solution I think.

• 2 months later...
Yeah this is a nice idea, I remember thinking about expanding Force as a third axis of gameplay instead of limiting it to the current saberist/gunner paradigm. This'll definitely help.

I'm seriously contemplating getting rid of the bubble-based skill point selection screen right now. We can go for something smaller, almost like a power meter of sorts that can "branch out" to indicate the unlocking of different skills. For one, it'll free up a LOT more space to put in powers and have maybe 2 lines for description of powers (this will be a great boon especially for saber style descriptions + skills with extra lvl 3 bonuses). Not to mention it'll look more sci-fi and less Sim City-ish.

Couple ideas, variations on a theme:

Neutral Powers

Force Sense

-Force Sense (lvl 1): Like current Sense 3

-Knight Sense (lvl 2): Displays ally and enemy HP/SP/DP/FP; dodge full charge sniper shot at cost of half your DP (or some large set amount); 115 FP pool

-Master Sense (lvl 3):Knight Sense abilities, dodge full charge sniper shot at cost of 1/4 DP pool (or some more reduced amount); 125 FP pool

Force Resistance (Absorb): Passive power but can be used actively to repel

-Force Resist (lvl 1): Passive Force resistance lvl 1

-Knight Resist (lvl 2): Passive Force resist lvl 2, limited reflection of Force powers (a bit iffy on this, working out this idea)

-Master Resist (lvl 3): Passive Force resist lvl 3, reflect Force powers in wide arc

Force Speed (same as current)

Force Telekinesis (manipulate objects): enables chargeable Push/Pull, increasing level-> increased duration of moving manipulable object (like grip but without the HP damage) - good for moving objects in the path of gunner fire, all the other good stuff we've been experiencing using grip right now.

-Force Push (lvl 1): Like the current lvl 1 except with the force of a current lvl 2, affects 1 person; pushing people into walls and other objects hurts them

-Force Push (lvl 2): Like the current lvl 3, affects multiple people in forward arc

-Force Push (lvl 3): Force Wave, great for crowd control, velocity of current lvl 3 or maybe a little more, closer people are to the epicenter the higher the velocity of push

-Force Pull: Same principle as revised Push, except the fact that you can currently get knocked over a lot needs to be addressed

-Force Jump: Maybe Jump 3 can afford more horizontal forward direction if you do a running jump.

Light Side Powers: These tend to be more team-oriented, defensive powers.

Force Heal: Team heal incl. self, regens HP & DP, effect varies w/ level

Force Valor - Team energize

Temporarily boosts max DP pool, DP/FP regen, effect varies with level

(Lvl 3) Battle Meditation-like effect, extreme version of Team energize

-slightly slows DP/FP regen rates for opposing team in area if they are vulnerable to Force

Mind Trick

Mind Trick (lvl 1): Current Mind Trick lvl 1

(lvl 2): Current Mind Trick lvl 2

(lvl 3): Current Mind Trick lvl 3 - If enemy has deployed sentry or seeker, sentry/seeker will target enemy as well

Force Protect

Like current; reduces HP damage from high velocity impacts, punches; reduces DP damage from blaster bolts and saber strikes; slight increases per level, reduced activation cost & drain per level

Force Stasis: Slows enemy movement for fixed duration

Force Stasis (lvl 1): Slows targeted enemy movement to 85%, 4 seconds

Knight Stasis (lvl 2): Slows enemy movement to 70% in a limited arc and range, 8 seconds

Master Stasis (lvl 3): Slows enemy movement to 65% in moderate arc and range, 10 seconds

Dark Side Powers: These powers are meant to be offensive, not so team oriented but are aimed at attacking multiple opponents at their highest levels

Force Choke: same as current Grip, but a little different

Choke (lvl 1): same as current Grip 2

Choke (lvl 2): same as current Grip 3

Choke (lvl 3): can grip 3 multiple opponents, a hybrid of Grip 2 and 3 - enemies stay in air for about 1 or 2 seconds after end of Grip (this might be too much, the 1-2 sec hovering doesn't have to be there, it's meant to prevent people from immediately jumping out of the way after being temporarily asphyxiated, which doesn't make much sense)

Force Lightning: same as current Lightning but with a few changes

Lightning (lvl 1): Current Lightning 2

Lightning (lvl 2): Current Lightning 3

Lightning (lvl 3): 360-degree AoE lightning, same or shorter range than Lightning 2

Force Drain: Drains enemy FP and replenishes your own at cost of DP

(dependent on enemy Force vulnerability of course)

Force Rage: Faster strikes, regular strikes do extra DP/FP damage; high mishap from getting parried, but mishap cost is slightly reduced with level

Force Scream: Disorients (maybe veeery slight camera jarring) and temporarily increases mishap of enemies if enemy mishap >=5; can show affected duration by associating a shader effect on targets (like what's being used for Mind Trick) - This would be pretty devastating in conjunction with Makashi

I like this idea very much, btw is it possible to make new force powers not only replace?

• 1 month later...

I don't like betas of 1.3 but I still have one idea that you might find useful.

(I havent read this thread, so ignore this if it was posted b4)

Something like bodydodging, working same as Parrying but without saber ( or with saber) . You press and hold button ''x'', and walk to dodge hits, same as when you are parrying. It wont hurt your dodge, but one undodged hit will kill you. It should figure as new force power ( well, something similar to saber defend). First levels of it should take some dodge, last shouldnt. It may be useful for melee+ force users, and it could make gameplay more.. movielike ( as you want ).

• 1 month later...

Universal.

Force Push

1lvl-Pushes target away but dont knocks him down

2lvl-Pushes multiple targets far away but dont knocks them down

3lvl-Pushes multiple targets far away and knocks them down

4lvl-Pushes multiple targets far away,knoks them down and does 20 HP damage

Pushin with mele doubles the strength of lvl 4 push and fp cost.

Buying cost 15pts.

Force Pull

1lvl-Pulls target away but dont knocks him down

2lvl-Pulls targetbut dont knocks them down

3lvl-Pulls target and knocks them down 20% chance to steal weapon

4lvl-Pulls target and knocks them down 35% chance to steal weapon

Pullin with mele doubles the strength of lvl 4 Pull and fp cost.70% chance to steal weapon

Buying cost 15pts.

Force Grip

Grip dont deal any damage

1lvl-Slowly lifts target in the air and imobilizes him.

2lvl-Lifts target in the air and allows you to move him and smash in other players.

3lvl-Lifts target in the air and allows move him fast (Almost like in sp) in the

air.Hold ''USE''button while griping starts choking target but you cant move him and you cant

move too.

4lvl-Lifts target in the air and allows move him fast (Almost like in sp) in the

air.Hold ''USE''button while griping starts choking target but you cant move him and you cant

move too.If you are in mele the in stead of choke you crush opponent which does 9999 damage.

(When you press 'use' it chokes 2 secs and then crushes)Spends 80fp.(almost 110 with all grip time)

Force Speed

1lvl-Same as now

2lvl-Same as now

3lvl-Same as now

4lvl-1.5 times faster than lvl3

Force Jump

1lvl-Same as now

2lvl-Same as now

3lvl-Same as now

4lvl-1.5 times highter than lvl3

Force Seeing

1lvl-Same as now

2lvl-Same as now

3lvl-Same as now

4lvl-You can see opponents clearly.

Force Absorb

1lvl-Protects from lvl1 force powers if you dont have mishap

2lvl-Protects from lvl2 force powers if you dont have mishap

3lvl-Protects from lvl3 force powers if you dont have mishap

4lvl-Protects from lvl4 force powers if you dont have mishap

Dark.

Force Lightning

1lvl-Same as now

2lvl-Same as now

3lvl-Longer range.Slightly improved damage.

4lvl-Stronger damage than lvl3.30% chance to disarm opponents saber.

Mele double handed lightning doubles damage and gives 60% to disarm saber.

Force Destruction (Replaces force drain)

Shoots red lightning ball from your hand which explodes on impact.Ball can be pushed back.

Explosion range is bigger than TD's.

1lvl-Extreme force usage low damage

2lvl-Extreme force usage averange damage

3lvl-Extreme force usage high damage

4lvl-Extreme force usage deadly damage

Force Dark Rage

Rage is on your own... only make lvl4 fater hp drain but make tahat jedi cant be killed.

4lvl-

Force Choke/Crush (Replaces Team Energize)

If its imposible to code grip system i described before then use this variation.

This power can only be used while target is griped.You cant move and you

cant move opponent while you use this power.

1lvl-Chokes target with low damage.

2lvl-Chokes target with averange damage.

3lvl-Chokes with hight damage.

4lvl-Crushes opponent killing him instantly (Costs 80FP and u need Grip LVL4)

Light.

Force Mindtrick

1lvl-Same as now

2lvl-Same as now

3lvl-Same as now

4lvl-Same as now but can attack while invisible.

Force Heal

1lvl-Heals 5 hp in sec

2lvl-Heals 10 hp in sec

3lvl-Heals 15 hp in sec

4lvl-Heals 25 hp in sec

Force Protection

1lvl-Protects 20% damage

2lvl-Protects 40% damage

3lvl-Protects 60% damage

4lvl-Protects 90% damage

Force Wall Of Light (Replaces team heal)

1lvl-Target cannot use lvl 1 force powers for 20 sec.

2lvl-Target cannot use lvl 2 force powers for 20 sec.

3lvl-Target cannot use lvl 3 force powers for 20 sec.

4lvl-Target cannot use lvl 4 force powers for 20 sec.

And you could rename Juyo to Vaapad and make it even faster than now.And give Djem So ability to disarm opponent becouse

of his brutal strength.

Archived