Home

Its that time of year again.

MrWally

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'M BACK!

Yes, I know I said I was returning on August 16th, but, well... long story short I had some complications with classes and some school work so I wanted to return maybe 5 days or a week or so earlier, but since my car was back home I needed a ride. I called my parents but found out that my dad's going to be in Africa and my mother will in New Hampshire, so basically I'm out of luck. Then I find out that this friend of mine who's up there with me named Vasik (he's Czech) is leaving the 1st, and while I don't really want to leave THAT early, I decided it was my best bet, so I bummed a ride from him.

Anyways, that's why I'm home early. Now on to the trip itself.

Fantastic.

I spent my time split between two locations: Blair Lake and Spider Lake. Spider Lake is part of this camp and, while still being quite woodsy and in the middle of nowhere, there are still quite a bit more people around. Blair Lake on the other hand is much more... Rustic I guess you'd say. I stayed in this little cabin on a hill in the woods by the lake. Here's a picture or two of Blair Lake in case anyone wants a visual:

sunset3gu9.jpg

sunsetoverdocknormal2ks4.jpg

I was probably the only person in any direction for a good two miles at the time those photos were taken. And those were with my oooold Nikon Coolpix digital camera. I wish I had my father's D3 or something to just capture the beauty of it all. I took about 300 pictures that night.

I can't believe I'm home. This morning I woke up on my nice, comfortable mattress in my own air-conditioned room and I had to think for a moment to remember where I was. Time moves so much faster here. Days up there wouldn't drag, but they would be filled with so much work, adventure, excitement, relaxation, etc. Of course, I was up by 7 or 8 every morning, so the days seemed longer, but still... And I changed a lot while I was away. I mean, I'm still definitely me, but I had, what? About 7 weeks to just reflect on life and search myself and grow spiritually. I really feel as if I've really learned a lot about myself as a person while I've been gone, and in that sense I wish I was back, because I feel as if there's still so much to learn. But of course its nice to be home. So anyways, I'll post some more pictures when I get the chance and maybe tell an exciting story or two.

Cheers.

Man, I will say its nice to be back in The Swamp.

Hey everyone, I'm back. ^^ I had and absolutely awesome time. We managed to fit in pretty much everything we could in the 2 weeks we had.

Kennedy Space Center

Universal Islands of Adventure

Universal Studios

Walt Disney World Animal Kingdom

Walt Disney World Epcot

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Daytona Beach

Seaworld

The highlight of the trip for me was definately Kennedy Space Center. The sheer size and scale of everything was overwhelming, and it's the closest I'll ever get to actually going into space. It was completely mindblowing. If you ever get the chance to go, I can't recommend it enough.

Haven't loaded the pics on the pc yet, but when I do I'll post a few of the 600+ that I took. ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you who have been paying attention will remember that I'd been gone all last week on a trip to Los Angeles to attend SIGGRAPH, the huge computer graphics convention, so I could learn more about the industry and what I have to do to prepare for any future jobs. For those of you who haven't been paying attention: *CLAP CLAP* OI!

My sister decided to go with me to keep me company and so that we could do other things when I was done with the convention. Everything went according to plan, which was to go to the convention alone for 3 days (except the first day, where my sister went with me), then go together to Disneyland for 2 days. I also met up with Bongo, which was awesome. All in all it turned out to be an amazing trip. A lot happened and I learned tons. I've written up a huge blog post as a travel journal, so if you want to know what we all did and what awesome things I saw at the convention, you can read that. I wrote it to show to other friends and relatives too so I made it pretty long (too long for one blog post, in fact), but at least skim over it or something. :p

Part I

Part II

@MrWally: Wow, very nice pics, glad to see you had a good time! I hope maybe to do something like that one day...but...not in Wisconsin. =)

@lexx: Tampa kicks a major amount of ass doesnt it? I really liked it there when I went to Florida a few years ago. Tell me if you got to go to St. Petersburg or Tarpon Springs (my favorite place I went on that trip)

Archived