Home

Uh oh, invalid force power/weapon/item string :C

When I create a server with duel gametype, and a friend of mine joins, I get this error in console (with cadency of like 100 errors per second): Uh oh, invalid force power/weapon/item string :C

Friend ends stuck at loading screen and we cannot play.

We have the same version of OJP (1.2, installer used) and clean installs of JA, also FFA and Coop works great. Where is the problem ?

you need the JKA 1.01 patch.

Of course we have..

and make sure you both have the JKA cd in the drive or a mini image mounted.

Without it the game will not even allow to create the game, no ?

Also disable "Allow downloads" in the game options on both computers.

Well we had it off, I changed one cvar in OJPEnhancedServer.cfg though (set sv_AllowDownloads) to 0 and the result is, he joins, but gets kicked right after with "server command overflow" :( Yes, I am using the .cfg to create the game.

Well problem is I need to play duel, because during this gametype the map is refreshed each time new duel starts. And that is a key feature needed for "Fearis incident" map :( In fearis there are scripted objects you can push or pull, resulting in creates throwing at your enemy and such, but once they are used they are dead and until refresh its out of order.

In FFA I would have to restart the server each time someone dies :S

Well as i've said, it isn't a problem its just a debug message you can ignore, I forgot to take it out before release :p.

It isnt a problem ? So this debug message has nothing to do with it ?

Anyway, what is "server command overflow" supossed to mean ? :(

Archived