Home

Call of Duty: World at War

Da_Man_2423

Any Call of Duty fans out there? IGN brings us some details about the next in the series with an early preview of the game:

June 23, 2008 - It's not easy following a blockbuster, particularly one that sold 10 million copies in only about six months. Last year, Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare blew away gamers with its deafening intensity, gorgeous graphics, and addictive multiplayer suite. But now it's Treyarch's turn with Call of Duty: World at War, a game that marks a return for the franchise to its World War II roots. The fact that it's Treyarch and not Infinity Ward making the game, as well as the fact that you shoot an M1 Garand instead of an M-16, has stirred an intense debate amongst gamers. It's something that Mark Lamia, Treyarch's studio head, understands. "People don't want to play the same World War II game that they've played before," he told us, just before he gave us a first look at World at War. His message: Treyarch wants to redefine what to expect from a World War II shooter.

The rest of the article can be found here.

The release date (as of now) is set to be sometime before the end of Activision's 4th quarter, which is usually March 31st.

I'm really excited about this one, because I didn't think it would be coming out so soon. When you got 2 game developers to work with I guess you can crank them out.

I know a lot of people are beefing about this game already for at least 2 of the following 3 reasons:

1. It's Treyarch making the game.

2. It's set in WWII again.

3. It won't be on the PC.

I always thought that Treyarch's games were of slightly lesser quality than Infinity Ward's, but they were still fun nonetheless and in no way sucky as many people label them.

Since this one is set in the Pacific, hopefully that will ease a bit of the "ANOTHER WWII GAME?!" criticism, since most WWII games take place in Europe and the Pacific has been relatively untouched.

As for the third one, well, I have a 360, so buy a console if you don't have one. :)

Looks pretty fun. I have played COD4 at my friend's house, and I have to say that it is an awesome game. I think that these guys have gotten all that they can from the WWII. I've played it on the Xbox 360 though...cool game. :D

My mistake about it not being on the PC...IGN didn't have it listed as a PC title when I read the article.

I agree with Kilppari. Even though I am a Yank, a lot of it gets old after awhile.

Fortunately for game makers, there are tons of WWII battles that have never been seen in a game before. Unfortunately for gamers, they usually do the same big battles/operations over and over.

I'm really happy that it's back in WWII again. Call of Duty 4 for me was a major let-down.

CoD has always been about WWII and it should remain about WWII.

Really? You're like the opposite of everyone else :lol:.

I don't mind it being WWII at all, as long as they come up with innovative features and new battles that are rarely/never seen in a game, I'm all up for it then.

When it's the same crap over and over and when they don't do anything new is it when it really gets boring.

Games like Medal of Honor: Airborne. Those of you that have played it shouldn't need an explanation on why it's a bad game. Yeah the whole parachuting thing is cool and all, but everything else was dissapointing.

Archived