Home

"Pregnancy Pact" in Gloucester

JCarter426

Please do. I don't know whether or not this makes it better or worse. The idiocy shifts from the kids to the principal. Good role model.
Not necessarily. If he made some off the cuff comment such as, "I don't know. Heck, maybe they made a pact or something." that got spun into "Principal declares that increased pregnancy rate can be attributed to 'secret pact'" by the 24/7 news cycle machine, then I don't think he's entirely to blame.

Would have said hypothetical comment been less-than-ideal? Sure. Is the principal a moron for what hypothetical news-whores did to his hypothetical comment? No, not really. I think that's the point our penguin-loving friend was trying to make.

Not necessarily. If he made some off the cuff comment such as, "I don't know. Heck, maybe they made a pact or something." that got spun into "Principle declares that increased pregnancy rate can be attributed to 'secret pact'" by the 24/7 news cycle machine, then I don't think he's entirely to blame.

Would have said hypothetical comment been less-than-ideal? Sure. Is the principle a moron for what hypothetical news-whores did to his hypothetical comment? No, not really. I think that's the point our penguin-loving friend was trying to make.

Very true. I didn't think of it like that.

_EW_

Lol... I know the water is horrible in Boston, and now we know what happens if you drink it. Lol... Stupidity, under aged precnancy, and nieve perception of reality. Thank god I live in the southern portion of the state.

I cannot believe that some of them actually believe this is a good thing. Massachusetts allways wanted to be in the news, but for god sakes parents, "Please put a chastity belt on your children." Lol...

Massachusetts Rules!

:lol::lol::lol:

I need a new state to live in. Grrr... We need to invest in one of those "Spaceballs" virgin alarms.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ Woah, there... Mel Brook's version of reality is very strange. But, if you really want to go there, watch his other movie "Men in Tights". My opinion has gotten by now that I almost believe the only good part of those things are the songs

I don't think that it is really our business, to tell you the truth. I'm really not sure if there is anything that we can really do to stop this. We cannot stop these people from having sex, and getting pregnant. We can educate them on the matter, but I don't think that there is much else that we can do. I certainly wish that there is something that we could do.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're not wrong. But we're not saying that much was done. Somebody should educate these people, for Force's sake! (And probably aren't right now.) Of course the school can't be expected to take responsibility for that, and neither can the families, or anyone, if you know what I mean.

Relenzo...did you really mean that families can't be expected to take responsibility for educating children?

If that's the case..I'm sorry, but you're incorrect. It is very much the parents responsibility to educate their children on sex, and the consequences that can arise from having unprotected sex. They can't stop their kids from doing the things they do but they can and should make damn sure they are educated properly.

Relenzo...did you really mean that families can't be expected to take responsibility for educating children?

Immediate Reply: Of Course not! I was being sarcastic, 100%. I was just saying that few people are actually going to step up and take responsibility for lapses like this, because there are so many people to push the blame on.

Just checking!

Couldn't agree more, and as I said in a previous response I think that too many parents are afraid to sit their kids down and talk to them about stuff like this. I've already told myself that when my kids are old enough they will have all the information that I can give them. After that if they still go out and do something stupid...well I'll have to deal with that if it happens :)

Archived