Home

Which character would you train to be a Jedi?

MacTavish

Who would you train to be a Jedi/Sith?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you train to be a Jedi/Sith?

• Carth
    • Canderous
    • Mission
    • Zaalbar

I saw this poll on filefront and I just thought it would be a good topic for the forums. So, of the characters besides Bastila, Juhani, Jolee, and the droids, who would you train to either become a Jedi or Sith? I also made the poll multiple choice for those who can't decide :D.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mission Vao would be the one that I would train. She has good street smarts which lays a good foundation, plus she is only fourteen, which I know is old by Jedi standards but certainly more managable then say Carth at 38. I like Canderous better as a Mandelorian, and I can't even see him excepting jedi training. I just see myself getting along with her better then the others. Although me and Mission would probably end up playing pranks on the council. *sticks a whoopie cushion (sp?) on Vrook's chair*

~HOP

Greivous uses them. Though I don't know if its programming or the fact that he has human parts that actually allows it. If nothing else they could probably design droid-only lightsabers that use the droid's power supply rather than "the Force".

Greivous uses them. Though I don't know if its programming or the fact that he has human parts that actually allows it. If nothing else they could probably design droid-only lightsabers that use the droid's power supply rather than "the Force".

Grirevous wasn't a droid, he was an actual alien species but has robotic life support systems due to an injury and Count Dooku taught him how to use a lightsaber.

Do you know how difficult it is to program a simple calculator to work?

We're talking about Star Wars universe here. Robots literally walk around and shoot things, talk to humans, ect. What makes it so hard to hold a lightsaber and hit people with it?

Mission for sure, she's still young, Canderous is Mandalorian, they dont need or want the Force, I don't think Wookiees (Nor does GL ftm) should be Jedi, and Carth is the cynical Han Solo character "Hokey Religions and ancient weaponry are no match for a Good Blaster at your side, Kid".

We're talking about Star Wars universe here. Robots literally walk around and shoot things, talk to humans, ect. What makes it so hard to hold a lightsaber and hit people with it?

Nothing. But there is alot more to lightsaber combat than just swinging it around like a stick. Thats pretty much what Greivous did, but he had four sabers so he could get away with it and still be dangerous. Droids just lack the finesse, and they cant really dodge or do any advanced acrobatics. Also jedi all need the force, and HK being a droid does not have it. I suppose he could be trained to use a lightsaber in theory...but I just don't see it.

Nothing. But there is alot more to lightsaber combat than just swinging it around like a stick. Thats pretty much what Greivous did, but he had four sabers so he could get away with it and still be dangerous. Droids just lack the finesse, and they cant really dodge or do any advanced acrobatics. Also jedi all need the force, and HK being a droid does not have it. I suppose he could be trained to use a lightsaber in theory...but I just don't see it.

Why do jedi need the force to hold a lightsaber? I'm sure that HK could hold one and slash at people. Actually, he should be able to use normal melee weapons too. I don't know why droids aren't allowed to have melee weapons either.

So if anyone, I would have HK as a lightsaber weilder, to make him useful.

Why do jedi need the force to hold a lightsaber? I'm sure that HK could hold one and slash at people. Actually, he should be able to use normal melee weapons too. I don't know why droids aren't allowed to have melee weapons either.

HIGH ON PIE 14 nailed it with the part where droids don't have the same body motions that make a lightsaber actually useful.

How good would HK be when he can barely move his joints in any direction against a enemy with a saber?

You can program droids all you want to do whatever, but if they can't move, they're no good.

But the question is who would you train to be a jedi?, not who would you give a lightsaber.

When seeing Greivous for the first time whith his four lightsabers I was like oooh he's gonna be tough to beat! But Obi-Wan beat him in like 5 minutes, just taking out one saber after another. Finesse ultimatly beat strength and number of weapons.

That and as previously stated HK would not have force powers. Although he could be equipped with a shocker and an anti-gravity generator or something...but I would say you have to have the force to be classified as a jedi or sith.

@jonathan7: Yeah big Z would be quite a force to be reckoned with. I could see him being a jedi or a sith. I have a make Zalbaar a jedi mod and I have to agree that a wookie jedi = awesomeness. :D

I know Obi-Wan made a fool of Grievous in RotS, but Grievous did "win" those lightsabers from other Jedi based on the Clone Wars cartoons.

I see no reason a droid couldn't be outfitted with a functional lightsaber. The effectiveness of a droid wielding a melee weapon is questionable due to limited maneuverability, but simply keeping it on and swinging it back and forth doesn't require any particular aptitude with the Force (Han Solo, The Empire Strikes Back). IMO Jedis are effective with lightsabers because the Force allows their actions to flow with the moment and anticipate hostile actions. Not to mention that they are specifically trained to fight with them.

Anyway, I would train Mission.

I know Obi-Wan made a fool of Grievous in RotS, but Grievous did "win" those lightsabers from other Jedi based on the Clone Wars cartoons.

Yes, but how do we know he actually fought them. What if he just picked up those lightsabers from Jedi killed in battle.

But the question is who would you train to be a jedi?, not who would you give a lightsaber.

It basically is just who would you give a lightsaber because all of the choices don't have the right stats to be force users. Thus, it is who would you give a lightsaber to.

I don't want to get in-depth into if HK could use a lightsaber. I don't want to argue if it could be canon or whatever. I would just like to see it in the game.

No the question is "Who would you TRAIN to be a Jedi?"

Stats don't matter at this point, throw them out of the window and approach this like it was real life. You know these four people, you are a Jedi, and you can train a number of the four. Who would you train?

As for me, Mission and/or Zaalbar are my choices.

Mission: Thinks on her feet, and she is young enough to take the training without having to destroy too many pre-concieved notions. (I'm guessing that's why they take 'em when they're young... any other ideas?)

Zaalbar: Walking carpet with forcepowers and a lightsaber (Or sabers.) Need I say more?

Archived