Home

Which character would you train to be a Jedi?

MacTavish

Who would you train to be a Jedi/Sith?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you train to be a Jedi/Sith?

• Carth
    • Canderous
    • Mission
    • Zaalbar

Zaalbar, He would also make a good Jedi personality-wise. Now, getting him away from Mission would be a problem though.

(After posting this, I realize GL's assassains are coming after me, so I am bringing my cortosis katana, just in case.)

Mission would be the best for training, but she would probably hate all those rules and things of the Old Republic Jedis. She would work much much better soaring in space with freedom on her side.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No the question is "Who would you TRAIN to be a Jedi?"

Stats don't matter at this point, throw them out of the window and approach this like it was real life. You know these four people, you are a Jedi, and you can train a number of the four. Who would you train?

As for me, Mission and/or Zaalbar are my choices.

Mission: Thinks on her feet, and she is young enough to take the training without having to destroy too many pre-concieved notions. (I'm guessing that's why they take 'em when they're young... any other ideas?)

Zaalbar: Walking carpet with forcepowers and a lightsaber (Or sabers.) Need I say more?

Zaalbar would not be a good jedi in terms of force. He's too angry all the time and would be more of a guardian. So that is basically just giving him a lightsaber and saying "Hit this guy with this". I know, I know. The "training" thing. It's just that I don't see Zaalbar being able to be taught how to control himself or anything.

Mission is not cut out to be a jedi. She needs to be a little more wiser, and she isn't strong enough. She is best as a scoundrel.

Canderous would be a killer guy with a lightsaber, but he too would not be cut out for using the force. He gets pissed off too much.

Carth would probably be the best. He's smart. He's a leader. He can control himself usually. He isn't a weakling. He seems like the logical choice.

Well yeah Mission is immature but then again I'm sure most of the jedi her age are not much better. As for not being strong enough...well the point of training her would be to make her strong.

Zalbaar would probably be a guardian as you said, but guardians do have force powers, they just focus on sabers. Although not controlling emotions...well he could be a good dark jedi I suppose

Carth would be good except for the fact that he resents the order for not aiding in the Mandelorian Wars and seems not to like any of the jedi. But he could be trained...given that I had about 3 years to help him get over his trust issues.

As for Canderous...what do you think he would say I you asked him? :xp: Yeah definatly not jedi material.

Since when has anger been a bad thing for force users?

I thought this was train to be a jedi. Also, when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

Also, it's assuming a lot that just because you can train Mission to be a jedi, she's going to be all buffed up. She is not good with melee, so there would be no point in training her with a lightsaber (unless you use the TSL feat, Finesse, which was a horrible idea).

Since when has anger been a bad thing for force users?

Well, it screwed Darth Vader up pretty bad.

I thought this was train to be a jedi.

I'm pretty sure the word "Jedi" is more properly in this context used as a general term for a force user, since neither the Exile nor Revan had any official place in the Jedi Order as of the games, so technically, training (for example) Atton does not make him a Jedi per se.

when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

1. Jerec and his seven henchman had pretty long lives (with the exception of Yun, but he wasn't as evil as the rest of them).

2. Joruus C'baoth lived long enough to be as old as the original C'baoth had been when he died.

3. Cronal lived long enough to disappear for unknown reasons a few years after the Battle of Endor.

4. Carnor Jax survived long enough to become a Sith Lord.

5. Antinnis Tremayne lived past the Battle of Endor and his fate is unknown.

Et cetera.

Also, when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

When they are the player, or in his/her party.

And with regards to the finesse feat, in KOTOR1, it's automatical for lightsaber use, so she would be an excelent chopping machine. And why is finesse a bad idea? Never understood why strenght made you better at using an almost weightless weapon.

I thought this was train to be a jedi. Also, when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

Marka Ragnos lived to be over one hundred, I believe, and his spirit survived for even longer.

(unless you use the TSL feat, Finesse, which was a horrible idea).

Hey, that's one of the best feats in the game, next to the cross-class skill feats. :¬:

Also, it's assuming a lot that just because you can train Mission to be a jedi, she's going to be all buffed up. She is not good with melee, so there would be no point in training her with a lightsaber (unless you use the TSL feat, Finesse, which was a horrible idea).

Actually I have RH's make Mission a jedi mod which allows you to make Mission whatever class you want. I found she worked very well as a sentinel with a mere 2 points more to strength. (and she probly didnt even need that.) I guess she would be a bad consular b/c of the low wisdom but she worked great for me.

@mur'phon: I always wondered that too...I think finesse is a good feat and you do get it for free in K1 but no in K2 for some reason...anyway if your not maxed out on strength its a good feat to have especially for people like Visas who have high dexterity.

Yeah I wouln't count Marka Ragnos spirit as living either, but 100 years of actual life is still a long time.

Mission of Zalbaar; I voted for the wookee, as really what could be cooler than a giant furball with a lightsabre?

Not much. :lol:

I voted Mission or Zalbaar. Out of those two, I would probably have to go with Mission because she is younger, I guess. It just seems to me that she would be trainable. :giveup:

Zalbaar as a Jedi would be pretty cool though...

Nothing. But there is alot more to lightsaber combat than just swinging it around like a stick. Thats pretty much what Greivous did, but he had four sabers so he could get away with it and still be dangerous. Droids just lack the finesse, and they cant really dodge or do any advanced acrobatics. Also jedi all need the force, and HK being a droid does not have it. I suppose he could be trained to use a lightsaber in theory...but I just don't see it.

Grievous was trained by Dooku and told him that he needed other elements such as fear and surprise to be successful and make up for his zero force potential and he became one of the most successful jedi killers all of time. That said a droid that uses a lightsaber probably cost so much money to build so they can be flexible. Grievous's body guards use those electrostaffs which are similar to using a lightsaber. Then in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy you fight a droid wielding a lightsaber in the training grounds and Katarn said if it was set to Luke's training level than Jaden Korr could have been killed.

Carth and Canderous would make good guardians, as well as Zaalbar. Mission would make a good Sentinel or even Counselor.

*Edit* However, Canderous is Mandalorian, and I think their armor, and rigid thinking would not make for a good Jedi. Maybe a neutral force user might come out of a Mandalorian.

• 1 month later...

While I have RedHawke's Mission cross-classing mod, and think it's pretty nifty, especially in the light of the Vaos we see in the Legacy series, she's not the one I can make the clearest argument for in regards to cross-classing. If anyone on K1 crew is a closet-Sensitive, it's Carth.

For one, he is able to see and understand Ajunta Pall. All the sources I've been able to pull up state that while droids can read Force Ghosts as off EM fields, sentients have to have a modicum of Force-Sensitivity to perceive them and more than that to actually understand them.

Secondly, he has strange luck. This is a guy who's stumbled into two Jedi coverups (Revan's and Carrick's) and lived to tell the tale. Aside from Revan and Bastila, he's the last survivor of the Endar Spire. Also, the odds of surviving that massacre, getting the last escape pod, sharing it with the amnesiac Dark Lord, crashing in the Upper City, managing a getaway, and finding a dump of an apartment where the landlord's not asking questions...those are all pretty steep. A more disturbing scene that points to possible Force enhancement is on the Leviathan. IIRC, Bastila draws on the Force consciously to withstand the torture cage. With a F!Revan, Carth's subjected to a lot of pain, but Karath comments that it's somewhat strange for someone to withstand so much abuse and stay conscious.

Thirdly? Strange intuition. Some of it is his distrust and paranoia talking, but he turns out to be dead-on about something not being right about your character. He also admits to a female Revan that something's still not right and that the Council is setting her up for a fall. He is also dead-on when telling Revan that s/he'll have to make a choice soon, and that there won't be any going back. If Revan chooses LS, then he stammers out "That was IT, I can feel it!" In K2, if Exile tells Carth that Revan's likely dead, he will insist otherwise, saying he "would know if [Revan] were dead." Wishful thinking, or could there be something behind it?

Speaking of K2, Telos was a place crawling with Sensitives that weren't cut out for the Jedi in one form or another. Now, Dustil DEFINITELY got the Force Sensitivity switched on, but you could just as easily argue it came from Morgana. However, with Carth also being Telosian and the other points above? Maybe the kid didn't get it entirely from Mom's side...

Archived