Home

Woman Dead for 42 Years Before Someone Noticed

Shem

That's crepy. The stange thing is, she must have died when she was 42, (if we take the year of death from the birth year), so didn't she have any family?

I can understand why many might have not have known she was there, though. 42 years is a long time for someone to live in one place, so her neighbours might not even have been aware of her.

I looked at the source article, it explains everything:

But she was found by police and bailiffs who had broken in to help the authorities establish who owned the flat.
Ahhh...a bailiff..not surprising...I guess they wanted to "update" the tax roll. Taxes and death...two unavoidable things. It's surprising she was able to "escape" the former for 42 years!

That "Want to see some women who knock 'em dead? How about our readers choice for the sexiest pinups ever?" cracked me up.

:lol: I thought the same thing.

I call a coηspiracy of some sort. I've heard of people's bodies being unnoticed in apartments for weeks or even months, but there's no freaking way that this individual's corpse would stay unnoticed for four and a quarter decades before anyone suspects a thing by a freak coincidence.

Agreed.

I have to say that is just a little bit strange. The smell must have been horrible for the people that searched her house. :(

Actually, the smell would have abated within a few months or so (depending on the heat or cold), and all that was left at this point was probably a skeleton.

Archived