Home

Any FIREFLY fans out there?

MdKnightR

Pffft. firefly. I hate all things created by Joss Whedon...

<_<

>_>

That would work a lot better if you didn't have Nathan Fillion in your sig. :xp:

Anyway, I love Firefly, but I hate it too. Mostly 'cause of the fact that it's a reminder of something great that never was. Mind you, Joss Whedon had originally concieved Firefly to have seven seasons - by now, we'd be waiting for the final season to commence.

Oh well, at least I have the Serenity comics to look forward to reading. Possibly even Serenity II, provided something miraculous happens.

Also, for those who haven't seen the television series, all 14 episodes are hosted on Hulu.com.

And in lighter news, has anybody read the second comic? I heard the first wasn't very good, but am thinking about picking up the second.
I've seen them in the local shop, but I haven't picked up any. However good the story is, it just isn't the same as having those actors providing the delivery.

Huge Firefly fan. Best Sci-Fi series ever... Too bad it only made it to 14 episodes.

Honestly the name may have hurt it to. It doesn't scream sci fi. The rotating schedule didn't help either. I like the fact that there's no sound in space.

Of course, being that I am a bit sci fi with a bit of western.. It's a perfect fit for me.

The irony is that while Ron Glass plays a preacher, he's a buddhist. Personally I was kind of sad that he got killed in the movie. I really wanted to know how a preacher knew so much about crime. How was he so familiar with Niska? Why the bounty hunter knew he wasn't a shepard? Oh and just what was on that ident card that got him superb treatment from the Alliance?

Favorite scene:

.... The last thing you will see is my blade.

Darn (kick)

I really wanted to know how a preacher knew so much about crime. How was he so familiar with Niska? Why the bounty hunter knew he wasn't a shepard? Oh and just what was on that ident card that got him superb treatment from the Alliance?

In a way I'm quite happy that Book remains a mystery, it would be fun to know about him, but still...

But about Jubal Early, if I remember right, Joss Whedon said in the commentary something similar to that Early was in a way like River. But like 'the darkside' while River was the good. So the crew would understand that River isn't a bad girl, althou a bit wierd. Something like that I think he meant.

But Jubal Early was the best characters in the series of the none-crew. But he just appeared in one episode; does that seem right to you?

But about Jubal Early, if I remember right, Joss Whedon said in the commentary something similar to that Early was in a way like River. But like 'the darkside' while River was the good. So the crew would understand that River isn't a bad girl, althou a bit wierd. Something like that I think he meant.

The whole River/Early theme reminds me a lot of Exile/Nihilus for some reason, in that they are the same, and are equally dangerous, yet one is more benevolent than the other (assuming Exile is LS). Both River and the Exile are only accepted by those around them by fighting their evil incarnations.

But Jubal Early was the best characters in the series of the none-crew. But he just appeared in one episode; does that seem right to you?

:lol: Nothing seems right if you bring Jubal into the mix.

What's the content like? What kind of "parental advisory" would you give for the series?

I watched the series (on Sci-Fi, I think), and did not see anything that I would consider overly violent or suggestive. It is all subjective, of course, but I would give it the okie-dokie.

I would certainly consider this series tame in comparison with many other shows that are available on cable, and some that are on the Networks.

• 2 weeks later...

Firefly was a great show and it was a shame i like how it wasn't this advance society like star trek and humanity has basicly brought its problem out into the galaxy. There had such fantastic epsodies and character and the show really go f**ked over by fox.

I watched the film first and then brought the series but if you've got the choose you should watch the sereis first because you knw the characters better and feel for them more

Archived