Home

Permission thread

Maxstate

Hey again.

I'd like to ask our community members to help us get the permission we need to use maps, models, and skins. There are a number of great maps and models that we think would propel us upwards even faster, and make for just the right amount of eyecandy to attract more players.

So far I have gotten permission for:

-War_shark's DE-10 Blaster pistol

-LivingDeadJedi's maps

-OmeeWan's skins/models

And some other stuff I might've forgotten. I'll check out my e-mail and post anything else I might've gotten permission for.

Now it's your turn. Go out to http://www.jk3files.com and select your favourite map or model. E-mail the user with a friendly tone starting with "Hello %name%, I write this e-mail as a representative of the OJP community" and ask them whether they would like to give the OJP mod permission to use their mod/model/skin/map. Explain to them a little what OJP is and why you'd think his or her mod would suit our mod. Remember to mention that they will be credited.

If you're feeling extra saucy, ask them whether they would like a position on the team to use their skills!

When you're done, post what you have here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

max zegt:

I wanted to ax y' all whether we could make use of your dantooine enclave map?

max zegt:

all credit where credit si due of course

SMoKE zegt:

forgive me for not knowing about you I don't use that mod much :p

max zegt:

it's ok

SMoKE zegt:

go ahead

Jedi Enclave map, HOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

Edit: seems like tanq and darthdie already got permission for this map, but neither smoke nor me knew that ;P my bad

hey just a thought here, how about asking revandark if he'd let us add his hilt pack to the the mod, also i found cool crystal hilts. and it'd be nice if we could also include some models/skins of well known star wars characters, the jedi council & sith, han solo, mara jade, and some others.

revan's saber are better but this pack as quite a few more which could add to the mod, perhaps we should get permission and mix the two packs, what revan has and whatever she doesnt include that can be found in this pack. http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Star_Wars_Saber_pack;38699

also, Kahn, you make sabers, perhaps you could cook up a few to include, like the better known faces of OJP, DD, Maxstate, Omega, Xarthes, myself, you, and the rest

Lol, how could you forget 'bout RazorAze?! The founder of the mod?!

Anyways, those who wants custom sabers, sign up on the thread with designs, and maybe I'll make'em.

Also, I want to give all sabers we include with the mod a makeover, to save file space and make things a little more appealing. Trauma Sensei's sabers are awesome, but the names in the selection menu... Yuck!

Oh, and can you please upload the beta of my saber pack (link in my sig) on the server? I would like if I could test them there.

• 4 weeks later...
-0mega-;2512383']I sincerely hope for an "OJP Unlimited" version if this becomes a bloated version filled with maps and models lol.

Just in case you add too many and get the grand "Out of space" limitations.

p. sure that won't be necessary, anything that is included will be a necessity, no 400 padme skins et al. it's really a balance between "how do you get servers playing something other than mp/ffa3" and "why do we have 500 optional versions of a weapon and the release is 400mb".

edit: it's also a good way to keep filesizes down, for example if one map references assets used by another.

You didn't get the permission for OJP, you got it for yourself. I don't believe that Beast approved the DL-44 pistol model for our use, especially with our friction.

Oh yes? *Copy&Paste from email conversation with George Lee, a.k.a. Beast, retired from the MB2 team*:

Hi again, George!

Now I've joined developing OJP Enhanced, and I want to use your excellent DL-44 models once again. Can I do that?

Oh, and do you still have the source files for the third person models of the gun? I can't import .glm:s. It's the blaster_three model I'm interested in.

~ Jesper a.k.a. Kahn D'halaine ~

His reply, 15 days later... :(

oo. must have missed this. sorry. yeah, go ahead, just credit it, same

with that other mod. sorry i dont have the source files though, they

were made like a year and a half ago and i got a new computer.

There. Good to go for OJP, yay! And now I've used his models as a base for mine (as just ripping it from MB2 wouldn't work at all), plus that I've made a lefthanded model to get rid of the 'see-through holes in gun' issue you get when using the same model for both right and left hand models.

Archived