Home

OJP enhanced server?

Kelldar

Hi guys,

Im renting a 12 slot from DSi-Gaming and was wondering wether its possible to get OJPenhanced to run on it?

I've installed it and the "ojpenhanced" folder contains both .pk3's and the .cfg

When it run the server it appears to start but it's not showing up on the list and the console viewer seems to hang not even showing me the usual spam i get when i start base or ja+

any help appreciated in advance, :)

I had made one, however its quite bugged and im not sure why. In a email a guy said he had a friend that might be able to compile it for linux, I asked him to let me know if he succeeds.

I found your version DarthDie, and with some amazing support from the DSi-gaming tech people we were able to get the server up and running.

So far i have not encountered any bugs what so ever. It does raise a question in my mind why a linux build has not be rolled out offically as OJP effectivley shoots itself in the foot by not doing so. Many server providers for JKA (what few are left) use mainly Linux for two reasons:

(1) Its a lot cheaper than getting a licence from microsoft thefore cheaper rates for the customer.

(2) Linux servers do generally out perform their windows counterparts, sometimes by a long shot.

I'd suggest darthDie's file gets sticky'd so other Linux users may find it untill maybe you guys can sort out an official build?

Anyway it's all up and running now, The proof: http://www.dsi-gaming.com/SQuery/?ip=87.117.202.110&port=29070&game=Jedi+Knight+3&block=0 (yes another rp server, live with it xD) notice "JAmp: v1.0.1.1 linux-i386" running ojp

So thanks again DarthDie, I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more servers around with a real Linux distro.

No errors? Hmm, last I heard it was full of problems and such. If it is fully functional then we'll defantly release a linux compile :).

@zero, it should have all the files, as we've not added new files in a long time

Well since yesterday we've discovered two bugs so far, (1) the doors and brushes will sometimes dissapear when moving away from them (2) force sounds are known to occasionally not play, so NINJA LIGHTNING ftw! so maybe a new compile would be best, but there isn't anything that makes it unplayable as such, just annoying features if you will :lol:

Linux thread spotted

Yar! And a big one it be! It must be over 20 yards!

Well since yesterday we've discovered two bugs so far, (1) the doors and brushes will sometimes dissapear when moving away from them (2) force sounds are known to occasionally not play, so NINJA LIGHTNING ftw! so maybe a new compile would be best, but there isn't anything that makes it unplayable as such, just annoying features if you will :lol:

Only with the linux server running?

Only with the linux server running?

Not exactly sure what you mean by that.. erm yea it's only occuring on the Linux server..

you're free to jump into the server and test it yourself @ 87.117.202.110:29070 It's up 24/7 so no time zone issues, the only thing may be lag as its EU.

I've procured another 'jampgamei386.so' which I haven't yet been able to try due to FTP issues, if anyone wants to give that a try and then let me know I'd appreciate it. http://files.filefront.com/jampgamei386so/;10811190;/fileinfo.html

Archived