Home

Revan/Exile Romance

chaosapiant

It's been a while since I've played these games, but i've decided to go back through them again. I searched a bit but couldn't find anything on this; maybe I'm just not looking for the right words. Anyway, after realising that Revan is a canonically LS male, and the Exile a canonically LS female, and she served under him in the Mandolorian wars and also was entrusted with the MSG on Malachor, i'm wondering if the two of them had a romance? Obviously Revan later falls in love with Bastillal, canonically speaking, but the history between the two suggests their relationship could very well have been more than "professional." Any thoughts?

Anyway, after realising that Revan is a canonically LS male, and the Exile a canonically LS female, and she served under him in the Mandolorian wars and also was entrusted with the MSG on Malachor, i'm wondering if the two of them had a romance?

Fixed. ;)

Any thoughts?

No. Please, no. Hell, no. :xp:

Obviously Revan later falls in love with Bastilla, canonically speaking.

When was this made canon? Is it in the New Essential Chronology?

EDIT: By the way JCarter, the LS ending is canon. In the New Essential Chronology it says Malachor V explodes, which only happens in the LS ending.

EDIT 2: :p Never mind.

EDIT: By the way JCarter, the LS ending is canon.

No it isn't. ;) Not yet, anyway.

I'm not even sure what that is. I saw it in the lengthy Revan article on Wookepedia.

Wookieepedia isn't exactly known for its reliability, but Bastila's appearance in K2 (the hologram) implies the romance happened, in both the LS and DS versions.

Give me a reason as to why should those two fall in love during the appex of the mandalorian onslaught, with both being main players on the war. Plus, why would Revan send her to her death at Malachor and why they two of all the other people on the war?

That does seem a little odd. If they did have a romance, maybe the Exile betrayed Revan or something. Then Revan got revenge.

I don't think so.

IIRC, either Kreia or HK-47 (or both) hint at the fact that most of the people Revan sent to Malachor were among those that weren't his most loyal supporters. Not nessicarily "rebels", but those who might turn in time, or who had doubts.

I don't see how there could be a romance if the Exile wasn't really all that loyal to him. The two seem to go hand in hand. Love and loyalty, that is.

IIRC, either Kreia or HK-47 (or both) hint at the fact that most of the people Revan sent to Malachor were among those that weren't his most loyal supporters. Not nessicarily "rebels", but those who might turn in time, or who had doubts.

Hence my point. If Revan didn't trusted the Exile enough to let her live would their relation ever reach romantic status?

No. Please, no. Hell, no.

Yep. This sums up my feelings on the subject in a nutshell. Ugh. In fact this subject annoys me so much since some of my friends learned that Revan was LSM and the Exile was LSF and now just won't shut up about it. :rolleye1: I mean, c'mon! Just because they are opposite genders shouldn't mean there was a romance! (takes deep breath) Sorry, I warned you it annoyed me. :)

And then there was Malachor V... You really don't even need to explain this.

I don't think so.

I don't see how there could be a romance if the Exile wasn't really all that loyal to him. The two seem to go hand in hand. Love and loyalty, that is.

I'm just saying it could be possible. And if the Exile learned of Revan's ways, she may have lost all faith in him or something. Probably pure fanon, but that was just what I was thinking would happen if this turned out true.

I don't really want a Revan/Exile relationship anyway.

Well, i'm not saying it's likely, or even a good idea. But with them canonizing the fact that the exile is female, especially considering that the bulk of gamers are males who usually play male characters, it's possible. Not to spoil Mass Effect, but if anyone has played that may remember a part where you can sacrifice your loved one, and it doesn't come across as betrayal, it comes across as having the burden of trusting your more competent followers/friends/companions to do a very grave task that may endanger them entirely.

• 1 month later...

I've read, all of the posts up to this point, and would like to express my opinion.

At the very end, of the light side canonical version, the Exile, presumably, goes off into the Unknown Regions to look for Revan and the True Sith. If they were once lovers what would they say to one another when they meet, and find that Revan loves Bastila, and the Exile loves either Mical (Disciple) or Atton, probably Mical. And, then a jealous Revan attacks Mical?

Or, Hi Revan, you're looking good today.

Or, would they agree to start a romance to pass the time until they return to known space?

I don't think, this will ever be addressed. Further more, there are rumors going around that KoTOR 3 will be an MMORPG, and who knows what that will be like, since there is no end to the story in SWG, not only that time never moves forward, either.

So, just, something to think about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Or, would they agree to start a romance to pass the time until they return to known space?

no way! the canon ls revan would NEVER do that to bastila! to me their love has been a 'disney' kind of love rather than the 'sleazy soap opera' kind.

Its canon that Revan and Bastila fall in love. Although Revan is a playa so he can have more than one chick.

see above ^

but i think that might have been possible with the pre-amnesiac revan.

i mean, the poor guy had to sacrifice is reputation, his friends, and his salvation to protect the galaxy. and since he completely went to the dark side, 'getting it on' would be a very real possibility. but then, mr. military genius might not have had time for that. what with constructing an empire and taking over the galaxy and all. and he had that 'insatiable hunger for knowledge' right? so i bet he would be learning ancient dark side stuff in his free time rather than hiring the sith empire's best dancers. unless the dark side stuff.... O_O

:freakout:

^ This topic is strange, because I has been obsessively writing Revan/Exile romances since last year:P And I don't think I'm the only one.

No you arent. It's only natural to think about the two protagonists of the kotor series and give them a romance. Ive seen it lots of times in fanfics

I don't know. If I were Revan, I'd say, "Forget my self-righteous idiot of a girlfriend who's probably dead now anyway!" and get together with the Exile. As far as she goes, she might have a little more trouble getting shed of Atton, so I'd say a 50/50 chance of her falling for Revan.

The problem is that, regardless of canon, the Knights of the Old Republic games are desired to cater to any gender or alignment for the main characters of the previous games. Provided they continue with this setup (which I think they should) having these two formerly customizable characters come together in a romantic relationship would be extremely difficult plot-wise.

^ This topic is strange, because I has been obsessively writing Revan/Exile romances since last year:P And I don't think I'm the only one.

no your're not the only one. ive seen those fanfics too. i just steer clear of em coz i dont like em. :p yknow, everyone's preferances. some people (like me) like the up front romances (revanxbastila, femrevanxcarth) while others prefer say, the gay ones (femrevanxjuhani, femexilexvisas. are there any male gay ones in the games? idunno. ive seen a couple fanfics like that) and then some people like non canon ones that never featured in the game (femrevanxbastila. the mod)

Archived