Home

Joining forces with OJP

So, I've decided to join developing OJP with my own modding.

For those who haven't figured it out, I'm the creator of the UltimateWeapons mod, and an all-round modder.

I want to take care of the effects, weapon models and sound effects in OJP, and I think you'll agree it'll be an improvement.

I've made a special version of UltimateWeapons for OJP Enhanced, get it here: UltimateWeapons for OJP Enhanced

This includes everything in the Base version, with some differences:

The Repeater is replaced by the DC-15A by default

The Flechette is modified to be replaced by the T-21 in OJP (but with my blaster effects)

New animations! I've changed many of the animations and stances to my preferences. Here are some images of what's been changed:

Old Shii-Cho stance, now with breathing!

New Soresu stance, with breathing

My own Djem So stance, very aggressive. Unfortunately it looked very wierd with breathing, so I removed that.

The old 1.1 Makashi stance

The old 1.1 Juyo stance, with breathing added.

The 1.2 dual/Ataru stance. Totally unchanged, as this was the only default stance with breathing.

My new staff/Niman stance, inspired from the KOTOR Stances mod on JK3Files. With really good breathing effect.

I changed all Force anims to be almost the same, the Drain stance. But I've got something new coming up here, as soon as I've learnt how Dragon works.

Changed the BOTH_KNOCKDOWN2 anim, as 'twas just ugly when you fall straight down on your back when being zapped by Lightning.

That's pretty much it, what I've done so far. Now I'll start remaking my own effects, and continue to post suggestions here on the forum.

Can you show us some effects? Because so far, all you've done is un-comment most of the stances and animations used in previous versions. I don't often take credit for stuff, or brag, but if you take a look at the animations.cfg you'll see that each one of those animations is already in there, just commented out.

...but he didn't make anything that I haven't made builds and builds ago?

What is this? Ignore the comments in the animation.cfg time?

I was referring more to his effects and his wanting to make something more tailored to OJP. He custom made a combination of his effects and his own anims desires. Of course the anims are nothingyou ahvent done before...in fact probably most of them are exactly what you did before in different combinations :D

Hey hey hey, download and check't out!

I regrouped the animations to make the stances easy to find at the end of the .cfg, and I've commented even more than you guys did...

As for effects, just check out the screenshots at JK3Files (UltimateWeapons for JKA). But I've actually already started to remake the impact effects, modifying the Authentic Effects mod.

And yes, I am also the only effects modder and weapon modeller in the Harry Potter modification, so please, some respect for my work.

And 'bout the stances, the Djem So, Soresu and Staff stance are brand new, so you can't take the credit for those, Max!

I don't think you have the right animations.cfg. Anyone that has played the previous versions will tell you that those stances have been in the game in the past, and most likely are still commented near the stance sections, but I digress.

Good luck.

It isn't, mainly due to the fact that when an animation.cfg goes above 60kB the game won't start anymore. I had to scrap a lot of comments to make place for other ones. Some of the players might remember it before it was baleeted though.

i wanna change my response. the only stance i like is the staff stance. Max if that one has been in the animation cfg can you give me the line to uncomment and which line to comment for that?

You can't find that in any of Max's .cfgs. I'm telling ya, I made my own stance from the existing swing animations. Just download my mod, copy the BOTH_SABERSTAFF seq and paste it in your own animations.cfg. Oh, and you have to replace the staff walking animation with mine as well, as it looked wierd otherwise...

It isn't, mainly due to the fact that when an animation.cfg goes above 60kB the game won't start anymore. I had to scrap a lot of comments to make place for other ones. Some of the players might remember it before it was baleeted though.

So did I. I've removed a lot of ancient stance comments (ever since 0.9!). And can you please stop arguing about me unchecking comments. Yes, I copied the old stances and edited them. But, I also made a whole lotta new stuff, so stop saying that I've taken your material. I'm working hard to improve this mod.

Archived