• "The Whole Original Triology"
    • "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace"
    • "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
    • "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith"
    • "The Whole Prequal Triology"
    • "The Knights of the Old Republic I, II"
    • "New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, or Other EU"

"The Original Triology" Vrs. "The Prequals" vrs. "Expanded Universe"

After reading the responses in the other thread, I thought this poll would be made to campare the whole franchise. Lol... Since I was only interested in hearing about what new additions had made an impact, I left out a few "Star Wars" eras.

Out of all of the eras in "Star Wars", which do you believe overshadows all the other additions?

Yeah! I messed up the poll. Grrr... I should have only mentioned the eras. Lol...

I basically spent the first ten years of my life constantly watching all the OT, so I feel justified in enjoying the current vision of Star Wars, I loved the PT and still do, KotOR 1 was just amazing, and now I'm really in to the KotOR Comics, Legacy Comics, LOTF and I'm eagerly awaiting the future of the franchise.

Some people think if your not just an OT fan your not a fan, there Purists or elitists... I'm a completest, or some might call me a geek :)

@ Mur'ph: So you've scoured the whole EU and Film era's and come to the conclusion it doesn't interest you? I assume you have, as you say it's all uninteresting apart from TSL. I'm not a trek fan, but I wouldn't sit through all the tv shows, films, and comics and more tv shows. kudos

@below: kk :)

Classics such as the Zahn Trilogy, the X-wing novels, Shadows of the Empire, Tales from... etc, etc. should not be lumped in the same category as the filth that is the NJO.

And the lack of a directed question along with improper spelling and grammar makes this poll failsauce. :carms:

The New Jedi Order series is complete trash, and should be scrapped from the canon completely. I've even considered circulating a petition demanding an apology for the publication of such garbage under the name Star Wars. It ruined anything post-RotJ for me.

The KotOR games were the first really got me into the franchise, though I watched the OT a few times as a kid. But it wasn't until I played KotOR I that I fell in love with Star Wars.

I think that the poll probably fails based on the closely held opinions of each person - Star Wars is so diverse that there's something for everyone to like.

Just because you don't like something that others might doesn't mean you should take every opportunity to bash it or them for liking it.

And just because you disagree with their preferences doesn't, make them any less of a fan than you.

At the end of the day, whether we like the NJO, LoTF, ToTJ, etc, we're all here because of our love of the Star Wars universe.

There's a whole universe out there - can't we all just get along?

The New Jedi Order series is complete trash, and should be scrapped from the canon completely. I've even considered circulating a petition demanding an apology for the publication of such garbage under the name Star Wars. It ruined anything post-RotJ for me.

QFE

I think that the poll probably fails based on the closely held opinions of each person - Star Wars is so diverse that there's something for everyone to like.

Just because you don't like something that others might doesn't mean you should take every opportunity to bash it or them for liking it.

We're not bashing people, that said if someone told you a poo was a wonderful source of nutrition how would you react? Surely you would inform them of their error? If of course they continue to eat poo is entirely their decision.

And just because you disagree with their preferences doesn't, make them any less of a fan than you.

At the end of the day, whether we like the NJO, LoTF, ToTJ, etc, we're all here because of our love of the Star Wars universe.

There's a whole universe out there - can't we all just get along?

We are getting along :p Though I think you will find a general consensus that NJO is poo! If that has hurt your feelings I'm sorry, but you may also want to consider if you are hyper sensitive ;)

I'm partial to the original trilogy myself as well as the Zahn novels, but it irritates me that after all that hard work in defeating the emperor and blowing up the Death Star the Republic gets the crap kicked out of them by the Vong and then falls apart all together...I just don't understand it...

as a side note: I love your the link pic in your sig Saruman...it's an example of a reason I haven't switched to Vista.

^

Vong do kick alot of crap out of the republic. But they come back and kick the crap out of them.

Side Note response: The meatbags at Microsoft should be proud of there Vista as it ruins 5 hours of sorting out bugs to play TSL :xp:

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to go with Kotor. The PT had some bad dialogue and the OT was kind of childish expect for Episode 5 that was a great movie.

So my Favorite is Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith

Episode 5 The Empire Strikes Back.

And Kotor 2.

Archived