Home

DIABLO 3 IS HERE!

Ztalker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Female options for all the classes! Yay!

Lets hope they did it a bit like Oblivion, I just love endless tweaking on my heros face.

And the Cinematic Trailer is jaw-dropping nice, Blizz should start doing movies.

Very cool. Diablo is, after all, the most famous RPG ever. I've heard some speculations before about this game and most recently I've heard that Blizzard was given the diablo3 web domain by owners of a fansite with that domain. Now, I see it's true. So, I have two Blizzard games to look forward to (the second being Starcraft 2).

I may get this, although I'm not really all that interested in it, seems like I'm the only one :(

You're probably not the only one, I get the feeling that many hardcore role players tend to scoff at the Diablo games since they're very light on role playing and mostly a huge hack and slash fest. If Diablo 3 is like the previous installments in the series you will at most get some NPCs monologuing at you when they give you "go fetch" and "go kill" quests, along with some story exposition when you move between acts.

That said, they had managed to get the hacking, slashing, looting and leveling almost down to an art in the previous Diablo games. It was mindless fun that was highly addicting. :)

When I last played Diablo I hadn't played any (other) CRPGs though, so my memories of it may be tinted by that. May be worth checking out for the nostalgia if nothing else though.

Either that site is nearly brought to its knees by too many visitors, or the flashy Flash content disagrees with my browser. I can watch the two trailer movies, but clicking on anything else causes the browser to load the page forever and eventually freeze. :/

Either that site is nearly brought to its knees by too many visitors, or the flashy Flash content disagrees with my browser. I can watch the two trailer movies, but clicking on anything else causes the browser to load the page forever and eventually freeze. :/

Its really annoying, FireFox(3) doesn't seem to like the site.

I can like open two pages and then it goes wrong.

Their SC 2 is like that aswell, it often freezes up...

I just love the mindless "hack and slash", it just keeps you going.

You're probably not the only one, I get the feeling that many hardcore role players tend to scoff at the Diablo games since they're very light on role playing and mostly a huge hack and slash fest. If Diablo 3 is like the previous installments in the series you will at most get some NPCs monologuing at you when they give you "go fetch" and "go kill" quests, along with some story exposition when you move between acts.

Funny, I thought that was the pure form of RPG games. Deus Ex, KoTOR, Bloodlines, Jade Empire and all other similar games are, to me, combinations of genres. They have an element of adventure games, reflected in ingame dialogues, instead of simple monologues, they have a FPS/TPS element, because of the perspective from which you play and, of course the main RPG element - leveling up, improving skills and equipping your character with the most powerful and expensive armor and weapons. :)

Funny, I thought that was the pure form of RPG games. Deus Ex, KoTOR, Bloodlines, Jade Empire and all other similar games are, to me, combinations of genres. They have an element of adventure games, reflected in ingame dialogues, instead of simple monologues, they have a FPS/TPS element, because of the perspective from which you play and, of course the main RPG element - leveling up, improving skills and equipping your character with the most powerful and expensive armor and weapons. :)

Heh, I couldn't agree more. I think that when we talk about RPGs we must also consider that we're dealing with the most sensitive kind of gamer as well. The purists will probably die before conceding a point contrary to their beliefs on a certain game nature.

I have only heard vague remarks of Diablo II. Is it like the Warcraft and Starcraft games? Because I don't like those sorts of games where u click a command like move and then u click something else and the character you selected goes there.

Warcraft & SC are Strategy games, though you won't like Diablo, its a mega click fest.

Click to run , click to do an attack and that on hordes and hordes of enemy.

Its a very basic RPG, just leveling up, get loot, sell some loot, repair and upgrade your stuff, with gems, runes and other stuff.

To a small talk here and there, so you know a bit why you"re bashing skulls.

Somehow it works.

Archived