Home

Wall-E...Worst movie ever...? (spoiler potential)

KinchyB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hehe, reminds me of when I went and saw The Notebook in theaters...I kind of laughed (outloud and made funny comments after the movie) at all the girls crying at the end and got in trouble with the gf. :xp: Hindsight...it still kind of makes me laugh...not only sobbing but a couple were actually wailing! Crazy I say!

I didn't see it in theaters - my gf made me watch it on Valentine's day.

...I'll just say that it didn't go well - I fell asleep partway through and my gf wasn't too happy. :D

_EW_

I just learned that WALL•E premieres September 5th in Finland. :(

My country sucks.

Sorry to hear... :(

On the plus side...by the time it's out you can probably buy the english version on DVD and just watch it at home. :D

Time for a vacation. :D

Indeed. :p

On the plus side...by the time it's out you can probably buy the english version on DVD and just watch it at home. :D

Yeah...buy it. >_>

By the time WALL*E opens in Finland, at his current pace, Achilles will have seen WALL*E close to 66 times.

Make that 67.

Don't fret. I usually get burned out at some point, which then initiates Operation Wait-Not-So-Patiently-For-Next-Year's-Movie :D

Mm-m :D This year It's been The Dark Knight. I wonder what next years' hype movie will be.

Don't fret. I usually get burned out at some point, which then initiates Operation Wait-Not-So-Patiently-For-Next-Year's-Movie :D
It will not be burn out that stops your assault on Wall*E, you’ll just have to start saving up for your next movie assault beginning October 3. :xp:

I make enough to support my habit :)

I'm sure you do, but the movie that starts October 03 may require Psychiatric help if seen too often. I can't even type the title out of fear it may be condemned into seeing it. Disney October 3…Beverley Hill rat dog :D One of the reasons I may only see Wall*E only once in theaters.

As long as it's not a long drive (but that should probably go in the "gas prices" thread).
Hehe. No, with the exception of two viewings (Cine Capri with the kids and N.Phoenix tomorrow with the niece) all of them have been local (I have an AMC within walking distance).

I'm sure you do, but the movie that starts October 03 may require Psychiatric help if seen too often.
*smacks mimartin around the thread* Pixar fanboy! PIXAR! I'm not wasting any $ on the stupid rat-dog movie.

:)

I can't even type the title out of fear it may be condemned into seeing it. Disney October 3…Beverley Hill rat dog :D One of the reasons I may only see Wall*E only once in theaters.
yeah, those previews are tough to get through.Worth it though :D

Went to go see it again today. Gal next to me couldn't figure out why I started sobbing when the Chihuahua trailer started. However, in the next few seconds she completely understood the mental anguish I was going through. :hor:

Still totally worth it, though. The movie was just as awesome the second time around. I paid more attention to the eyes in the movie, especially those of WALL-E and EVE and it still astounds me how much emotion they conveyed. Oh and I did tear up a little at the end. EVE's humming just pushed me over the edge. :')

Haha, I still tear up when I think about that part... It's just so touching and heartwarming...

That was a brilliant scene, and I commend whoever's idea it was... *nodnod*

As for the chihuahua movie... My friend looked at it with disgust and said "How could something like that ever even be thought of to be made? And why would they make it???!!"

Haha, I still tear up when I think about that part... It's just so touching and heartwarming...
I took my niece to see it this morning. The @sshat sitting next to us thought the "please turn your ****ing phone off" message was for everyone except for him. Guess when it decided to ring. Go on...guess :mad:

I took my niece to see it this morning. The @sshat sitting next to us thought the "please turn your ****ing phone off" message was for everyone except for him. Guess when it decided to ring. Go on...guess :mad:

Oh man, not in the most touching part?! Oh I feel for you, some little kid down in the front row screamed "I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!" around there... he wasn't next to us, but it kinda ruined the moment.... :fist:

Oh man, not in the most touching part?! Oh I feel for you, some little kid down in the front row screamed "I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!" around there... he wasn't next to us, but it kinda ruined the moment.... :fist:
I thought viewing number 5 with the mom that decided to play tickle games with her baby right then was the worst, but today topped it.

EDIT: Also, adding insult to injury, the guy had one of the most ridiculous ring tones I've ever heard.

I thought viewing number 5 with the mom that decided to play tickle games with her baby right then was the worst, but today topped it.

EDIT: Also, adding insult to injury, the guy had one of the most ridiculous ring tones I've ever heard.

Yeah, that's pretty bad... People can be so inconsiderate with cell phones. :snear:

But maybe you can carry around one of those electronic jamming devices to shut down cell phones when you don't feel like listening to Joe Shmoe talk to the wife about what's for dinner. (Kidding of course, I believe those are illegal. :xp:)

Yeah, the "bathroom" incident was bad, but you know that sort of thing happens when you go to a movie that there are going to be lots of kiddies in. :giveup:

Went to go see it again today. Gal next to me couldn't figure out why I started sobbing when the Chihuahua trailer started. However, in the next few seconds she completely understood the mental anguish I was going through. :hor:

Still totally worth it, though. The movie was just as awesome the second time around. I paid more attention to the eyes in the movie, especially those of WALL-E and EVE and it still astounds me how much emotion they conveyed.

I agree on both fronts.

I can't wait to go see it with the gf. :D

_EW_

I went for a frantic search for the Wall-E soundtrack today... It was sold out in many places, then I finally got the *last* copy at the bookstore (hmm, whoda thunk to look there. :lol:)

I must say I'm extremely pleased with it... and I haven't even listened to it yet!

As I post, it is importing into iTunes, but just the packaging is phenomonal. It is a cardboard foldout thingy, made of 100% recycled cardboard... It maches Wall-E perfectly! :) The graphics printed on the cardboard are also beautiful, and I would just buy the soundtrack for the cover alone! The booklet that you pull out of a little pocket is also very well done, with lots of nice, glossy pictures that can probably soothe my Wall-E withdrawals until I go to see the movie again. :xp:

The one downside is that the CD itself slides out of its own little "pouch" it doesn't have its own little plastic "holder" like most CDs do... and I was afraid that pulling the CD out would get scrathed by either my fingers or the rough cardboard its sliding aganist (it didn't this time.... but *shrugs*)

So, so far this is a lovely product... You should all go out and buy the soundtrack before it sells out and you go on a heartstopping search like I did... I was lucky I found one! (I'm sorry to whoever visits the bookstore after me... I got there before you fair and square :lol:)

Archived