Home

Which Exile?

Trex

What are you trying to say? :xp: What's wrong with PCMHC01; play as me. ;)

Don't make me set Mace on you Jango... We know how that went last time! :xp:

You know what? I will. :xp:

Yes I do know. :/ I'm watching you though. :¬:

I'm no Revan fanboy...

I'm obviously not one either. :xp:

He is cool, but I am not obsessed with him. It may seem like I am obsessed with Jango, but to tell you the truth, I am really not. Just a theme. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, i just noticed something, if the exile is cannonically female why is all the art show him as a male?

ie.http://theborggaming.planet-multiplayer.de/Pictures_full/wallpaper_06/Wallpapers_622.jpg

and to reiterate what i said earlier, #7 although #14 is also a good choice

if the exile is cannonically female why is all the art show him as a male?

It's just something they did in the promotional material and advertisements. They can't really be used as evidence for a male Exile, since promotional material doesn't define canon (most of the time), and even if they were considering having the Exile be male at the time, whoever is in charge of canon decided to have it turn out differently between now and then.

I don't see anyone trying to defend what Revan did here. We're talking about the Exile's choices. The Exile went to war to protect people who were being slaughtered by the millions by the Mandalorians. She believed that to be Revan's goal, and she agreed with it.

Fighting in a war does not mean supporting all of the reasons (or what turn out to be the reasons) others fight in the same war. In my opinion anyway. That can apply to real world situations if one wishes, but it fits here as well. Of course, many people blame soldiers for the choices their leaders and governments make, so it is somewhat subjective. Certainly many people would agree with the "all Germans/Japanese/Americans are evil" argument.

The relevant question is not what happened to Revan, but what a doctrine that purports to serve the Light Side is worth if adhering to it means standing aside while half the galaxy is slaughtered? Is that truly in the interests of some longterm universal sense of good or right? Or is it a decision influenced by the ambitions, fears, and prejudices of actual people based on self preservation for their philosophy/religion? The Council's judgement of the Exile at the end of KotOR2 provides the clincher for me personally, but obviously there are many ways to look at the argument as a whole.

I like the bald guy: he had the look of an outcast and a kickass maverick in general. There's also that Jesusface with the beard, but he looks to old for me, especially considering how the game is supposed to let you strike a romance with Visas or Brianna...

I've always wondered the Exile's age, judging by his history, he/she should have been at least 30 to be a General in the Mandalorian War (except if he/she were extremely, prodigally talented, which must be the case). And I don't have my dates right, but this game must be at least 5 years in the future? All the faces seem to be in the late 20s, except for the Jesusface.

Edit: Curse you, slow image loading! Curse you, impatience! Curse you, Sabretooth! :xp:

Among the girls, No. 12 looks like the Exile... and Atris' twin. Other than her, No. 15 and No. 1 seem to be good.

Wait, i just noticed something, if the exile is cannonically female why is all the art show him as a male?

I think that is because Obsidian intended the Exile to be male. Personally in my universe, Revan was a woman, and the Exile a male... I like it that way :)

I like the bald guy: he had the look of an outcast and a kickass maverick in general.

I throw my lot in w/ Rev7, Jon7 and Ravnas. Always saw Exile as male, canon be d@mned. When I did play it as female, I tended to use #s 1,7,9, or 10 (or a modded head).

Join us, on the male side of the force!

Fighting in a war does not mean supporting all of the reasons (or what turn out to be the reasons) others fight in the same war. In my opinion anyway. That can apply to real world situations if one wishes, but it fits here as well. Of course, many people blame soldiers for the choices their leaders and governments make, so it is somewhat subjective. Certainly many people would agree with the "all Germans/Japanese/Americans are evil" argument.

Unfortunately people love to simplify an dehumanise the enemy (it's easier to kill if they aren't human).

The relevant question is not what happened to Revan, but what a doctrine that purports to serve the Light Side is worth if adhering to it means standing aside while half the galaxy is slaughtered? Is that truly in the interests of some longterm universal sense of good or right? Or is it a decision influenced by the ambitions, fears, and prejudices of actual people based on self preservation for their philosophy/religion? The Council's judgement of the Exile at the end of KotOR2 provides the clincher for me personally, but obviously there are many ways to look at the argument as a whole.

I think there is more than enough evidence to show the incompetence of the Jedi Council of the time. Though Vash was meant to defend the Exile at the trial before being cut. I also can't diss Vandar, as he's Yoda like.

But Vrook was so moody he basically was DS. Zez el Muppet spoke well, and then followed like a sheep. Some friend Kavar was. Atris - erm, aren't you a Sith Lord anyway - so what are you on about the Exile being DS?

Vrook and Atris always struck me as self-righteous to the point of obnoxiousness. Vash struck me as a "team player" who had maybe a reservation or two about banning the Exile, much like ZKE and Kavar. Seems apparent to me that the compromised Jedi were really looking to save their own skins, all the more so when they didn't try to confront the evil, but rather seemed more interested in finding a scapegoat.

In the case of Atris.....I believe it was a form of deflection. She'd already fallen, but used the Exile to mask it from the others. Still fearful and looking for someone to blame for their predicament, they "graciously" accepted.

*shrugs* I have absolutely no problems with a male Revan, other than the romance scenes. Seriously, I cringed when I saw them. Thanks a bunch LA! And I had just seen the prequels again with my friends a week before... some of the male Revan romance scenes made the ATC ones look good... :¬:

But my problem with the FM Exile was how Atris fit into the story, Sion's romanic interest (which is given no backstory...and scared the hell out of me), and that, in Mical vs. Brianna, we all know who is the cooler character and who doesn't make fans seriously want to kill their PMs. Eh, but I'm still happy that we finally get a (decently) well-developed and powerful FM main character.... Finally. :D

*shrugs* I have absolutely no problems with a male Revan, other than the romance scenes. Seriously, I cringed when I saw them. Thanks a bunch LA! And I had just seen the prequels again with my friends a week before... some of the male Revan romance scenes made the ATC ones look good... :¬:

LA didn't make the game or the romance scenes...I don't know why they would be blamed for that.

What were you expecting from the romance scenes?

• 2 months later...
What were you expecting from the romance scenes?

Nothing much, to tell you the truth. But it still seems like Bastila falls for a male Revan for absolutely no reason whatsoever, DS or LS. And she knew you were a former Sith Lord who (directly or indirectly) slaughtered millions. Carth also recovered a little faster from that reveal then I thought he would, yet at least his feelings for a female Revan develop over time. You can still act like a jerk around Bastila as a male the whole game and she'll like you... :confused: Am I the only one thinking that seems a little off?

Oh, and sorry for blaming LA, who approving it. Should I blame Bioware, the writers, or both? :xp:

Who?

Actually, Brianna in most cases, though Mical is a good Jedi in gameplay. Brianna's backstory was more fleshed out, as a romance interest she was slightly less stalker-ish... if only slightly (:lol:), and her voice didn't make me want to turn off the volume.

I only enjoyed Mical's topics of conversation concerning the Jedi Civil War, Revan, and the Force, and I was pretty accepting of him compared to some on these boards. Some who really want the DS Atton kills Mical scene back in the game... Dear Force! They're coming! HIDE ME!!!!!!!!! FAN-GIRLS!!!!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! *dies a horrible slasher-fic death*

Actually, Brianna in most cases, though Mical is a good Jedi in gameplay. Brianna's backstory was more fleshed out, as a romance interest she was slightly less stalker-ish... if only slightly (:lol:), and her voice didn't make me want to turn off the volume.

Exactly! I blame Mical for getting me into the habit of playing with the volume off...:lol:

I only enjoyed Mical's topics of conversation concerning the Jedi Civil War, Revan, and the Force, and I was pretty accepting of him compared to some on these boards.

I got pretty sick of all his history stuff after a while. Never could get any more dialog options up...

Some really want the DS Atton kills Mical scene back in the game...

I want that scene! That would be insanely fun! :devburn:

Dear Force! They're coming! HIDE ME!!!!!!!!! FAN-GIRLS!!!!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! *dies a horrible slasher-fic death*

LOL!!!!!

See, this is interesting. For Revan, I have always used the guy with long hair because his face has become solidified as the Revan in my mind. For the Exile, I haven't really settled on any one face yet. I've played around with several, including some fan-made skins.
We may end up learning that they look entirely different from whats in game.

If you're referring to the comic series, I certainly hope not. Providing canonical faces from Revan and the Exile will be the worst thing they could possibly do. Many avid Star Wars fans will feel obligated to view the characters in this light, thus ruining the feeling that their in-game counterparts are your characters. They've already restricted this feeling enough by canonizing their genders and alignments.

See, the point of these characters is that they are so obscure that they could have been anybody. That's where a lot of the appeal comes from. KOTOR 2, unlike the games in the Jedi Knight series, does not presuppose that the player chose the light side ending in order to continue the story. It works along either path, which is where the appeal comes in that anything could have happened. Canonizing the light side ending to the first game ruined this appeal for many people, myself included.

While I accept these decisions as official canon, I can't say I like them. LucasArts should have let it all remain a big mystery. Mystery is good sometimes. It keeps things interesting. Not everything needs to be answered. Good examples of this are Yoda's and Palpatine's pasts, as well as the mystery surrounding Anakin's conception.

Anyway, in a roundabout way of saying it: I vote "no" to giving Revan and the Exile canonical faces.

Archived