• Any Tatooine Maps
    • Any Naboo Map
    • Hoth
    • Death Star Interior
    • Tantive IV
    • Any Yavin IV Maps
    • Dagobah
    • Other (Explain which one)

Okay i've been thinking and stuff, and i'm kinda curious as to what everyone's favorite map is from both I & II. So here is basically a poll of planets, (all that make the first 10, the rest will be other) and we can just see which one pops up, and by the way, I messed up on the last one. =\ I'm also curious as to why Dagobah is so bad, I mean, it's not that bad to me.

I like Sniping on Dagobah. Lot's of places to hide up in them trees. There's also some fairly good long stretches to shoot from too.

My fave map prolly has to be Kamino.. always has been. If we're taking mod maps into account.. The Rise of the Empire maps are phenominal. Bespin Cloud City is a good ole standby, and is always in the favorite list as well.

Rogue52 alludes to specific units too.. that's a good point.. While I enjoy sniper on kamino.. not really the map to go engi.. If I'm going Engi.. my favorite map would be Polis Massa. Same with going Heavy.. My favorite map when playing a Heavy, would have to Mygeeto.

I actually like Dagobah, its just most people cant look past the fog, and don't like all the open space because it makes it hard to Engineer and Rocket spam.

My vote goes to Rhen Var though Bespin and Tatooine come close.

Um, all I can say is, thank you! Some people can't stand Dagobah because of the fog and such, and yes, the open space. It isn't all that bad though. In fact, my fog makes it more challenging.

I like Sniping on Dagobah. Lot's of places to hide up in them trees. There's also some fairly good long stretches to shoot from too.

My fave map prolly has to be Kamino.. always has been. If we're taking mod maps into account.. The Rise of the Empire maps are phenominal. Bespin Cloud City is a good ole standby, and is always in the favorite list as well.

Rogue52 alludes to specific units too.. that's a good point.. While I enjoy sniper on kamino.. not really the map to go engi.. If I'm going Engi.. my favorite map would be Polis Massa. Same with going Heavy.. My favorite map when playing a Heavy, would have to Mygeeto.

Yes yes, great minds think alike, the mind of a sniper. The best map for sniping is Kamino, since everyone reaches for a turret, and yeah, they're head is the only thing you can hit.

I dont like dagobah because it kills my framerate along with a few other maps like felucia. I would say death star and tantive are my favorite shipped BF2 exclusive maps, while harbor and and platforms are my favorite shipped BF1. Of the maps on both, probably mos eisley. As for mod maps, I would say most of eddies maps in squiddies pack, some of the 607th maps, jal kaan river conflict, boras II, Legend of Zelda: Hyrule fields and I guess battle arena

favourite map? thats hard.

I really like Mustafar and Hoth, especiallu Hoth, as there is a mix of the open stuff and CQC style combat. I know what i dont like tho, dagobah, Felucia and Naboo, probably cos i end up playing them loads on galactic conquest

I voted Death Star Interior because I really like how the various spots on the map allude to different parts of the movie like the prison sector, complete with the garbage chute, the hangar where the Falcon was presumably captured, complete with the overhang control centre, and the meeting room where the Moffs met up and Vader choked one. I mostly appreciate BFII for these kinds of things, versus really getting into the shooting aspect. That's what RC is for. :)

Well.. on PC... the +123 Mod v2.2 has Rhen Var Harbor and Citadel. In fact the mod adds more than 123 more maps and modes into the game. Hero Assault on all the maps. More hunts and Clone War Assault maps added.. CIS on Hoth and Endor.. GCW on Felucia and Geonosis. Space Corruscant, Space Kamino, Space Mustafar. CIS against Rebels... Empire against Republic maps. Bespin Cloud City is back along with Yavin IV Arena.

The +123 Mod v2.2 just seems like an expansion pack for SWBF2... and best of all it doesn't change any originally installed SWBF2 files. It simply goes into the Addon Folder.

+123 Mod v2.2 HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Rhen Var was awesome, both maps, I wish they had put it in BF2. :(

The Xbox Version of Battlefront II got a content pack that had both Rhen Vars along with the other BF1 maps minus Bespin:Platforms, but every other one. Plus added Heroes Assault to almost every map along with other game modes. So I don't miss the Rhen Vars, my favorite map! I'm surprised the PC version didn't get this content. I beleive for a long time the BF2 Xbox community was larger than the PC community but not anymore. The PC community is still strong I bet!

• 3 months later...

Battlefront:

Rhen Var: Citadel

Bespin: Cloud City

Bespin: Platforms

Geonosis: Spire

Kashyyyk: Docks

Naboo: Plains

Kamino: Tipoca City

Endor: Bunker

Battlefront II:

Hoth: Echo Base

Tatooine: Jabba's Palace

Tatooine: Mos Eisley

Polis Massa: Uh, Polis Massa

Tantive IV

Death Star: Uh, Death Star

Battlefront: Renegade Squadron:

Boz Pity

Korriban

Sullust

They should definetely add a space Death Star level to both Galactic Conquest and Instant Action

• 2 months later...

Archived